May 12, 2007 -- Taking the Magic to the Mediterranean -- 14 day Repo Cruise!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i need delta to hang in there too...my dad was retired from there and i still have pass priviledges....we can fly standby home at a very reduced rate...that is what i am counting on...

i have heard that the airport is 20min away from the ship....we have 4 people in our cabin....any ideas on whether it will be cheaper for dcl transfers (one way $25 per person) in Barcelona or a taxi? :confused3

seaulater said:
Glad to see you are back safe and sound. Shari has been keeping me updated on your travels! Happy belated anniversary! What did you think of DL Paris? Our favorite was Space Mountain, but I have to say I only did it once, it was a little too much for my stomach to handle!

Can't wait for our cruise. Talk to you soon.

Linda

We did both parks in one day, so we didn't get to do everything we wanted to do. I loved the outside of space mountain, looks like Julles Verne designed it. They are building a Tower of Terror in the studio side. Alex

littleowensmommy said:
So you did b2b repo/western cruises! How was it being on the ship for 3 weeks? Did you stay in the same stateroom for both cruises? Did you keep the same servers at dinner? So many questions...Are you planning b2b cruises for next year too? We're booking the same cat 6 cabin for both of our cruises. I'm sure it's going to feel pretty small after a while but a cat 4 would be about $2000 more so we'll stick with the cat 6 and hope for an upgrade. (We've been upgraded to cat 4 on our last 2 cruises that we've booked as cat 6.) We're planning on early seating for dinner during the repo and late seating during the Med cruise.

Kathy

We have been on 25 DCL cruises, so the Magic/Wonder feels like home when we are onboard. We stayed in the same room, a cat. 6, but swithed dining room rotations (let us meet more crew members). We are booked on the Wonder 10 and 11 day cruises in Sept and the repo and Med cruises in May 2007. One of the most interesting things to do when everyone else gets off is to watch DCL turn over the ship. Semitrailer after semitrailer pull up and are offloaded. It's amazing how orgainized everything takes place. Look forward to meeting everyone and getting back together with friends. Alex

We asked our TA to book as soon as he is able. We are Curt and Susie and we were on the first West coast cruise with some of you.

i got the call today!!!!!! i am now officially booked in the Cat. 11 on deck 5 that i requested!!! the only thing we had to work on was that they automatically placed us in 2nd dining....we had to fight to get that changed but my TA came through and chnaged us to first dining...we had 2nd dining on our last cruise and hated it! i could handle second dining if i had to for 7 days but never for 14!!!!

our price was almost $6100 for 4 people with no insurance or transfers....this is right on target with what CaCruisin paid since we have 1 more child in our room (he will be 13 in 2007 so considered adult fare - that is fair since he is a growinf boy and can eat more than my hubby and i combined!!!) :drinking1 :drinking1 :mickeybar :mickeybar

Creuers.en.PORT.Cruises-1.jpg

Hi everybody .

Here is a hotel in Barcelona. On the dock. :thumbsup2

more photo's

4th one down !!

Hygiene99 said:
Creuers.en.PORT.Cruises-1.jpg

Hi everybody .

Here is a hotel in Barcelona. On the dock. :thumbsup2

More photo's ]More photo's[/URL] 4th one down. :teeth:

Pretty KEWL, as Scott would say. I like the one of the swimming pool. It looks like you can look right over on the end into the cruise ship!

txaggie94gigem said:
i got the call today!!!!!! i am now officially booked in the Cat. 11 on deck 5 that i requested!!! the only thing we had to work on was that they automatically placed us in 2nd dining....we had to fight to get that changed but my TA came through and chnaged us to first dining...we had 2nd dining on our last cruise and hated it! i could handle second dining if i had to for 7 days but never for 14!!!!

our price was almost $6100 for 4 people with no insurance or transfers....this is right on target with what CaCruisin paid since we have 1 more child in our room (he will be 13 in 2007 so considered adult fare - that is fair since he is a growinf boy and can eat more than my hubby and i combined!!!) :drinking1 :drinking1 :mickeybar :mickeybar

Did they break down the price for you per person? I am wondering what the 1st and 2nd adult were. I know the port charges/fees per person is $279 on top of the price.

Congrats txaggie94gigem on getting everything you wanted! It is such a huge relief isn't it?

Hygiene99: very cool! Thanks for posting the pic's and info!

I remember reading someplace what dock we would be at in Barcelona, but now I can't find it? Anyone? editted to add: Never mind. found it on DU's page: Terminal C - Moll Adossat

Welcome, Curt and Susie! How awesome to have done all the "Firsts" and to get to spend 26 consecutive days onboard too!

It seems like most everyone here has already done multiple Disney Cruises. This will be only our second cruise (1st was Mexico last summer.) So bear with the newbie. DH still thinks we can do our planned trip to WDW and Wonder in March, but I'm thinkin' that may get canned.

CACruisin' said:
Welcome, Curt and Susie! How awesome to have done all the "Firsts" and to get to spend 26 consecutive days onboard too!

I think you're confusing us with First Timers. We only did the first West Coast Cruise (that was our second Disney cruise) and this time we're only doing the TransAtlantic.

Thanks for the Welcome though. I'm really looking forward to planning the cruise with this bunch. We had so much fun preparing for the last one. And by the time we were on the ship, it felt like we knew so many people already. It's going to be crazy waiting for over a year for this.

- Susie

ssnyder said:
I think you're confusing us with First Timers. We only did the first West Coast Cruise (that was our second Disney cruise) and this time we're only doing the TransAtlantic.

Oops, yes, sorry! We are very excited also about this cruise. With a little more than a year to wait, at least there is plenty of time to plan! :rotfl:

We just upgraded to a midship cat 3 for the repo! DH figured with 8 sea days it would be a good idea and it really wasn't that much more than the cat 6. The only downside is that we'll have to pack and unpack again when we switch rooms for the Med cruise.

Congrats! That is wonderful for you. It will be well worth the packing/unpacking factor to have all that extra space on the repo!! :cheer2:

congrats on getting what you wanted! a cat 3 will be great, especially with the sea days!

i am so glad that we have all so far gotten what we wanted....are all of you early dining? i said earlier they tried to put me in second dining and said they could not change it until april 4 but my TA told them that was not fair to ask me to put down $2000 for my cruise when everything was not how i asked for it to be from inventory control so they relented and changed.... :wizard:

i have worked it out....i have to only work 12 extra hours per month to pay for this cruise (basically 1 extra shift at the hospital)...that can be done so easily so we will have it paid off in no time!!! i wish we could afford a better room but if we go cat 11 then we still have $$ for another big trip later in the year with the whole family....plus i think the excursions are going to be really pricey....in the past we have been very comfortable getting off the boat and exploring on our own but i do not think we will do that in a foreign port where english is not the primary language...i think we will have to pay for more excursions!!! :moped:

i saw some of you post on another thread wondering what "open house" was in the kids clubs....

a few months ago they started a policy that the first night onboard no children could be left unattended in the kids clubs (cheri - this was the "club" the poster was referring to when he talked about leaving his kids "alone" when he was a repeat cruiser)...many of us are upset because that essentially means no adult time, no late shows, no palo, no spa that first day....you can take your kids to the kids clubs to sign them up and get the beeper and show them around but you may not leave them....i personally do not agree with this policy but apparently they had problems with separation anxiety between parents and some children and implemented this policy to allieve it....

here is the big problem we will run into....the next day after departure we will be at castaway cay....so kids that had barely met the couselors on board will now be spending their first time with them not on the boat, where the parents showed them the night before, but instead on the island, in a totally new environment so i do not see all the benefits....some kids are just not going to like being left, whether it is the first night or third day....i know all kids are different but in my case, my kids cried when we picked them up so they are very disappointed to learn that they cannot spend free time in the clubs the first night.....sorry for the off topic :offtopic:

txaggie94gigem said:
i saw some of you post on another thread wondering what "open house" was in the kids clubs....

a few months ago they started a policy that the first night onboard no children could be left unattended in the kids clubs (cheri - this was the "club" the poster was referring to when he talked about leaving his kids "alone" when he was a repeat cruiser)...many of us are upset because that essentially means no adult time, no late shows, no palo, no spa that first day....you can take your kids to the kids clubs to sign them up and get the beeper and show them around but you may not leave them....i personally do not agree with this policy but apparently they had problems with separation anxiety between parents and some children and implemented this policy to allieve it....

here is the big problem we will run into....the next day after departure we will be at castaway cay....so kids that had barely met the couselors on board will now be spending their first time with them not on the boat, where the parents showed them the night before, but instead on the island, in a totally new environment so i do not see all the benefits....some kids are just not going to like being left, whether it is the first night or third day....i know all kids are different but in my case, my kids cried when we picked them up so they are very disappointed to learn that they cannot spend free time in the clubs the first night.....sorry for the off topic :offtopic:

Wow, I had no idea they were doing this. I don't like this at all. Are they doing it for all the kids or just the 3-4 year olds. I can't imagine a 7 or 8 year old with separation anxiety.

Interesting. This will be our first experience with the Club. DD turned 2 on our last cruise. She absolutely adored Flounders. Our older two were in the lab, but didn't really like it that much. I think it was just the mix of the kids in the lab at the time. After a couple of days I stopped forcing the issue. They were happy reading in the stateroom on the verandah or watching movies at the theater. They would go to the pool or Mickey slide with DH. They also went to the Twice Charmed matinee together because there was a movie they wanted to watch in the theater that evening.

I am planning on DD REALLY liking the club. She will be just a month shy of her 4th birthday. On our first cruise, I never made it to the pool at all, no Cove Cafe, no rainforest ... these are all things on my to do list this time. :teeth:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter