MAY 12th-19th!! THESE ARE THE MAYS OF OUR LIVES! III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait- but i am a bit sad over who they cast as Edward. He looks NOTHING like what I envisioned.:rolleyes1

Jo

I agree, but he is starting to grow on me a bit. Are you team Edward or Team Jacob?

I am team Edward for sure, :cheer2: but I am starting to feel a little bit for Jacob ... :guilty:

RF- oh gosh- I know it's against most everyone---- esp the young teens- but I cried like a baby at the end of the 3rd book!
I just um, oh I don't want to give anything away for any of those that haven't read it. But I'll just say that I am still very confused about how I feel with these two characters. I like them both for different reasons.

Are you dragging your DH to the movie?

Mark just rolls his eyes anytime i have a book in my hand and says "Vampire book again?":lmao:

Jo

Thanks for the info on the Wii's- NC- and AlanR!

BTW- AlanR- I did get the Wii Play pack- the man at Best buy told me it was worth the extra $10. If he said I should get it- it went into the cart, LOL! So thanks for the suggestion!

Jo

No problem, Jo! My DS is desperately wanting an XBox-360. He doesn't know it, but I ordered one earlier in the week and received it today!!

Oh, what we won't do for these kids!!

OH GOD i'm dreading when my DD starts asking for stuff like that.... I love it now i take her to target now and she gets something from the $1 bin....

With all this talk about twilight and how good the books are i might just go pick one up and read it... I LOVE reading books...

YEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH BABY!!!!! :banana:
I'm going to the game on Tuesday :banana:
There's a kid in my Philosophy class that hates the Pens and loves Detroit. :mad: I thought he was cute until that came out of his mouth.

Hey Sulley! I tried to add you as friend. Not sure if I did it right. I am trying to figure this facebook and MySpace stuff out as ds13 is wanting to do it and I want to feel comfortable with it before I OK it. Jo's scare with the weirdo (even though I didn't see it) has me wondering. :rolleyes1

Myspace and Facebook has a lot of privacy settings. Mine are like completely blocked off from the rest of the world except for people I know :laughing: At least I hope they are. I have like every privacy setting possible on them.

No problem, Jo! My DS is desperately wanting an XBox-360. He doesn't know it, but I ordered one earlier in the week and received it today!!

Oh, what we won't do for these kids!!

That's what my older brother wants for Christmas. So my mom is debating to get him one of those. I don't have a long enough attention span for video games. We have a PS2 and I play guitar hero on it sometimes but after one song I get bored. :confused3

I've never read the Twilight books either. I always start books but never finish reading them.

Morning all..... We'll i'm off to TDS to buy a birthday present for one of my cousin's daughters.... Right now they are haviing a 25%sale and then on top of the I have a 15%off coupon so it's 40% off whatever I buy.... I already have most of my xmas shopping done for the kids of my family.... Gotta start early...

Hopefully you all have a great weekend.... I'll be a little sad tommorow it would have been my dad's 47th birthday.... :( i always get a little sad when his bday comes up... But i'll be ok.... talk to you guys soon....

RF- oh gosh- I know it's against most everyone---- esp the young teens- but I cried like a baby at the end of the 3rd book!
I just um, oh I don't want to give anything away for any of those that haven't read it. But I'll just say that I am still very confused about how I feel with these two characters. I like them both for different reasons.

Are you dragging your DH to the movie?

Mark just rolls his eyes anytime i have a book in my hand and says "Vampire book again?":lmao:

Jo

I don't have to drag him! :goodvibes He actually wants to go!!! I was making plans to go with these 2 girls that I work with and Bob got kind of sad and was like "Oh, welll I thought we were going to go - I was going to take you out to dinner before and make it a date." Awww - He's a keeper. :lovestruc

So, on Friday we are going to eat at Houlihans :yay: and see the 10:15 show. popcorn::

I don't want to give anything away either - but I understand what you mean. I like both and dislike both. Very strange. I am excited to see how it all plays out on the big screen! I think that they cast Alice, Emmett, and Jasper perfectly. They are exactly what I pictured. Especially Alice.

Hopefully you all have a great weekend.... I'll be a little sad tommorow it would have been my dad's 47th birthday.... :( i always get a little sad when his bday comes up... But i'll be ok.... talk to you guys soon....

I'll be thinking about you today Mari. :hug: I'm sorry about your dad.

I'm going to the game on Tuesday :banana:
There's a kid in my Philosophy class that hates the Pens and loves Detroit. :mad: I thought he was cute until that came out of his mouth.

I've never read the Twilight books either. I always start books but never finish reading them.

:lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao:
That's the Black and Gold spirit!!!!

I also never used to finish books once I started them, but this is the first one in a long time that actually held my interest. Actually, 4 books worth of interest! :thumbsup2

Morning all..... How was everyone's weekend.... Mine was ok nothing spectacular.. I was a little down yesterday but I'm ok today back to planning my May trip.

Hello MAYers!

It's a cold yucky day here in western PA. :mad: You miss it don't you JO??? :rotfl:

Mari. :hug: I hope you are doing better today.

JO, what did you decide about you TR?

Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

We had a nice dinner with DH's family Saturday night. Didn't really do anything else all weekend. Just hung around home.

DS9 starts basketball tomorrow night.

Morning Mayers!

Hope all is well with everyone!

Mari - :hug: I hope you feel better today. I know you miss your dad.

Shelly - How did the eye drops work? Did you guys try them this weekend?

Sea - How was the expo? I hope you got a lot of great leads.

We went to see Madagascar 2 this weekend. It was cute and had some clever lines. I didn't realize Bernie Mac was in this film until the end.

Doing laundry. :laundy: It never ends.

Well, I have been thinking...

I am thinking about going to WDW on Spring Break. :scared1:

Our break is March 21-28. I was already considering this date. It is just getting so hard to take my kids out of school. Our school is very supportive, but the homework. :eek: It is just overwhelming. DS is in an advanced class, that if he missed one day, he seems far behind. So, here is my logic for going Spring Break.

1. School work is just too hard to make-up anymore.

2. Easter is Mid-April. There is a thread on the Theme Park board:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1748721

Only 10% of responders have the same break, that I have. I think FL Spring break is a different week.

3. We've been before, so it's not like we have to do everything.

4. The "DEAL" is a pretty good deal. We would even get the $200 gift card.

5. Last year, we were there when New England had their Spring Break. We still laugh and say we felt like we were in an episode of The Sopranos go to Disney World.

What do you think?

Am I crazy?

Our break is March 21-28. I was already considering this date. It is just getting so hard to take my kids out of school. Our school is very supportive, but the homework. :eek: It is just overwhelming. DS is in an advanced class, that if he missed one day, he seems far behind. So, here is my logic for going Spring Break.

Only 10% of responders have the same break, that I have. I think FL Spring break is a different week.

5. Last year, we were there when New England had their Spring Break. We still laugh and say we felt like we were in an episode of The Sopranos go to Disney World.

What do you think?

Am I crazy?

I don't think that you are crazy! I want to try and go to WDW as much as possible ;) :rotfl:

Seriously, if you think about it - if taking your kids out of school isn't possible anymore, you will always be going to WDW during "high travel" times because it will be when everyone is out of school.... Plus, there won't be a deal like this one again when you do decide to travel. Make sense?

If you want to try and make the most out of your trip I seriously recommend joining TGM. I love it!!!! It is soooo helpful - He gives the best plans for traveling even during the busiest times of year... people rave about how much they see of the parks before even half the day is over - EVEN during peak travel seasons.

Just a thought :snooty: ;)

I don't think that you are crazy! I want to try and go to WDW as much as possible ;) :rotfl:

Seriously, if you think about it - if taking your kids out of school isn't possible anymore, you will always be going to WDW during "high travel" times because it will be when everyone is out of school.... Plus, there won't be a deal like this one again when you do decide to travel. Make sense?

If you want to try and make the most out of your trip I seriously recommend joining TGM. I love it!!!! It is soooo helpful - He gives the best plans for traveling even during the busiest times of year... people rave about how much they see of the parks before even half the day is over - EVEN during peak travel seasons.

Just a thought :snooty: ;)

I am also thinking Spring Break is better than Summer Break. KWIM? Everyone has summer break, all summer long. At least with Spring Break, it is spread over the year. It is hard to make the change from going when school is in session to going when school is out, from the crowds point of view.

BTW - I am a Tour Guide Mike groupie. I joined back in 2005, when it was Tour Guide Who?

I really like his plans and I think you will too!

NC - I think if you can go then go. You are not crazy. Pretty soon your kids will be to big to want to go anywhere with their parents. I know what you mean about catching up. When I was in HS i was also in advanced classes and i would stay up all night for a week straight trying to catch up.... But i say go for it......

NC - that's not a bad plan at all. Considering the circumstances, sounds like Spring Break might be a really good time for you all to go.

Morning Mayers!

Shelly - How did the eye drops work? Did you guys try them this weekend?

Yes, we tried them over the weekend. Thanks for asking! :) And now he wants to do the patch. He fought me both mornings with the drops. :sad2: He took the drops just fine at the doctors office. I think he just wants to make a big issue of it now.

I really thought he'd want the eye patch to begin with but he was set on the drops. And the doctor said that 90% of kids pick the drops. :confused3

I'd rather do the patch and not have to do the drops and blur the vision in his good eye. I guess he has until next Saturday to decide if he wants to switch. But if we go to the patch he has to do it 2 hours everyday. :eek:

What do you think?

Am I crazy?

I think I would go for it if I were you NC!! :thumbsup2

I know how hard the make-up work is for DS9, I can't imagine how it will be the older he gets. . . Plus you can get the 7 for 4 deal and the $200 gift card!! :goodvibes

Yeah, it might be crowded, but probably not as crowded as summer vacation and definitely not near as hot. I think March probably is the best time to go weather wise.

Let us know what you decide!!

hey everyone-
I've been out all day at my BFF's house, helping her get ready for her Christmas party that she has every year. OMG--- the stuff! :rotfl: I got there at 7:45 and by 12:30 we were just exhausted- so we ran to Zaxby's for lunch and then-
instead of going back to decorate more--- we went to Hobby Lobby and bought MORE stuff.:rotfl2: Her DH is going to kill me. I know when he comes in from work he's going to take one look around and say "Jodi's been here.":lmao:

MAri--- hon---:hug: :hug: :hug: I know that you and I talked about our Dad's last year- I know all too well exactly what you are feeling. Every Father's day, Birthday, Thanksgiving, the anniversary of the day he died (December 7)--- I am just an emotional wreck.
I know subconsiously that I'm coming up on the anniversary of the day he died- and every year at this time- two weeks before Thanksgiving up until that date- I get so worked up. I cry at the drop of a hat. I won't talk to anyone. I sit and stare- into space- zoning, not really thinking about anything but just sort of there. And it builds and builds until the crescendo of December 7th hits and I cry all day all day all day. Just sit and cry until there are no more tears left and i am just an empty shell. And then Mark will come home that night, flowers in his hand and pick me up off the floor where I have landed and put me all back together again. Thank God for the ones that love us. :guilty:
Your Daddy loves you still. He may not be there to hold you to tell you that it's all gonna be okay- but his spirit is inside of you- helping you- holding you- guiding you. He loves you and knows that you love him and miss him terribly. I hope that today is a better day for you. Hugs to you my friend.:hug:

Shelly- ahhh, my TR. I don't know??? Not sure what to do with it.
I hope your DS will use the patch- I would think that it would be much better on him than the drops.
I saw that you're having a blast of winter. And no- I'm sorry but I really don't miss it. hahahaha my old bones are quite happily soaking up the sun- well that is the sun that we have. Sorry you're miserable- but hey --- come January- you'll be toasty warm in the Sunshine state!:cheer2:

Everyone else- hope you're all doing good. I shall hopefully be around tomorrow and we can gab!

:banana: Frozen banana!!! He must be from Pittsburgh- his tale is told!:laughing:

jo

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter