May 16, 2004 / 4 Day Wonder

Nadda for us at this time. Plan to just enjoy the ship whilst on board. In Nassau a stroll to the strawmarket. At Castaway Cay we will hit the water and do the snorkeling trail first off then to the Adult Beach. There is a pretty neat boat wreck a good little ways out that is worth the swim.

Enjoy the shows and hope there is an interesting speaker aboard. We are headed to WDW after and then off to Curacao for a week of diving.

I believe we are skipping the excursions this trip and just spending the time enjoying all the ship has to offer. Last cruise we took a guided tour around Nassau and enjoyed it but will skip it and Atlantis this time. I am sure my wife will make her way off the ship to buy some souvenirs. I may try the spa this time for a massage; figure it’s not fair that my wife and mil get all the relaxation! I did enjoy the snorkeling at Castaway and will defiantly do it again. I will be skipping the banana boat ride this time for sure, the hardest thing I have ever done on water!!

Being this is our first time, DW will probably want to do everything possible. LOL:rolleyes:

"Waiting to live the dream"

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :bounce: :bounce:

plenam- hold on to your pocket book. I have bad dreams of the $ my wife and mil spent in the spa last cruise! :earseek:

How many of a man has said " they get how much to do what to you?"

The mud bath is fun and I think it is worth it to get a pass for the length of the cruise for the rain and sauna room.

An engine room tour would be great.

Just a bump up.

It is getting closer, maybe a meet of folks at the Terminal or later after the Safety Drill. Whatcha think.

Sounds like a great idea, we're for it.

Brett

We will be at the port bright an early waiting for the parking guard to open the gates. You can look for me chasing one blonde and one brown haired daughter around in circles!! :rolleyes:

I posted on the cruise board today, in hopes to attract some more 5/16 cruisers to this thread.

We're going to be staying in cabin 7062, anyone staying close by?

Brett

We are in 7070.

We will be there early also and my wife will be the very patient lady chasing the middle aged guy that is running in circles incesantly asking "can we get on the ship now, can we . can we".

We are up one floor, in 8518. Too bad we werent more midship so I could jump up and down in our room, in hopes my fellow DISers could here me below. ;)

WE want to get there early too, we're staying at the Poly (land & sea) and heard they are the last to be picked up by the Disney bus so I'm thinking of canceling the Disney transfers and getting a towncar to get us around.
Look for us, DW and I will be with the boys screaming "are we there yet?"

Brett

I just booked Happy Limo this morn, will cancel the rental car when confirmed. Switched due to the savings in time as this is a quick trip. This way we will not have to drop off the car and pick one up on the return to the Port. Happy Limo seemed to have good rates and I like it that the tip is included.

Brett for a party of 4 you might be better off with the town car service. Could be worth checking.

We are utilizing MIL as our town car service; do not have to worry about a tip!

More than likely we'll use the towncar, we're staying a day extra, staying at the Radisson, and going to the Kennedy Space Center.

Brett

I just emailed the brand new RonJon resort for a quote for the night before we sail. They have studios on up to deluxe two bedrooms. It is a timeshare but rents out rooms also. The place looks/sounds great and has a 200 ft slide/lazy river/pool. In addition, a movie theater and may be right on the beach or close enough and can see the cruise ships sail by etc. We are currently booked at the Radisson but this place sounds so nice we may just switch if the price is right.

http://www.ronjonresort.com/

Nice looking property, You might get a deal if oyu sit through a sales pitch.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that we can avoid the sales pitch. We will only be in the area one day and I dont want to waste half of it on a sales pitch! I asked them if we are required to attend a presentation in the email I sent for a room quote. But being a timeshare I imagine they will require a sales pitch.

It looks like our cruise may be filling up...Travelocity is showing starting prices approx $150 more per person then a week or two ago. Or it could just be that we are getting closer to sailing so discounts are being removed

We are defiantly leaning towards a stay at the new Ron Jon resort now. Sounds like a nice place from initial report(s) on the cruise board. The rate for a studio is the same as we are paying at Radisson.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter