May 16, 2004 / 4 Day Wonder

Annae,

Thanks for the info about the motion picture shows that will be playing. Might have to see Pirates again.. Master and Commander, maybe, just hate being inside when we don't have to be.

Just a couple of days for you lucky folks... The rest of us will follow, shortly there after.

My body will be here in Wyoming at work this week, but my mind will be in Diving in and sailing on the big blue wet thing.

Mother , Mother Ocean I have heard you call.... yes I am a Pirate 200 years to late.

Need to brush up on my flag etiquette, for the cruise.

I think I might want to see Miracle. Isn't that the new movie with Kurt Russell about hockey? My husband wants to see it too. If we have time that is.

In regards to beverages onboard, defiantly consider taking some onboard with you. We bring a case of bottled water and are now also considering a case of juice boxes. It is nice to have the bottled water at hand ready and waiting!

:drinking1

Scottie: What do you pack it in to bring it on the ship? We have a small fabric cooler that we take to the beach all summer that we could pack with a 12 pack of beer but not much else. Do we have to lug that bag around with us until we can get into our cabins?

I am a bit bummed; Ron Jon resort confirmed that the lazy river and water slide close at 5. I am sure we will get enough use out of it on Saturday to make up for the early closing, but we miss the fun Friday night when we arrive. Oh well cant complain too much as we will be on a wonderful vacation!!

Here is what the emailed me with today:
The reason we have closed these features at 5pm is because of staffing options. At the moment there is not a high demand to keep these features open past this time, therefore no reason to keep staff on later.

Anna- We left our bottled water in the original packaging and just loaded it on the cart with the rest of our luggage at the curb side check in, at port. They did not have any problem delivering it to our room.

It was in clear view, a carboard bottom with the factory shrink wrap on the top. They didnt care back in 02' when we sailed. I will post something on the main board now just to confirm it is still ok.

okay let me know! Also, did you put a label or something on it to tell them where it was going?

If I recall correctly, the check in is set up similar to WDW. They count/mark all of your bags to insure everything makes it to the right room. I don’t remember having to write our name or anything on the case of water.

There was quite a "to do" last month on one of the cruise threads about bringing your own beverages on the cruise. Most posters were under the impression that bringing drinks was okay as long as you put them in your carry-on (and lugged them around until your room was ready) while others had packed them in their checked luggage without incident.

We never really got to the bottom of it. I called DCL and asked if it was okay to bring beverages on board. The CM's "very clear" answer was "Well, you CAN and you CAN'T." Apparently even DCL isn't sure where they stand on that issue. The CM's final answer (after much searching) was "no" that only "medically necessary" items would be allowed and that I would have to provide "documentation from my doctor" for such a need.

That being said, I've brought my 12 bottles of diet 7-up on EVERY cruise in my checked luggage without a problem, and any search of my luggage is going to reveal 12 bottles of contraband carbonation this time, as well.

I am just going to bring my beach cooler (looks like a little carry-on anyway) with Mike's Bud Ice in it. If I can get 12 in there, I will. Any water or anything else we decide to bring, I'll hide in my luggage with the clothes. If they look, I'll be caught. Oh well.

At least we will have good company while we are locked up :o

One person has posted to my thread already and said they didnt run into a problem

Are we going to have to replace our bracelets from "the hospital" with new bracelets from jail?

Just when I thought I was going to get away from work, you guys start this kinda activity:teeth:

I just checked weather.com and the weather for Orlando for this Thursday through Sunday is isolated thunderstorms everyday (30%) and the day we are in Nassau (May 17th), Isolated Thunderstorms are also predicted by 40% chance. It better not rain the entire vacation, I'll be bummed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter