~~~ May 16, 2009 ~~~ Western Magic ~~~

.... Also, one important thing to share. I asked if Palo Brunch reservations on our scheduled sea day (i.e. Thursday) would be changed to the new sea day (Wednesday) if there was a change. The CM I spoke to said that yes, that would happen automatically. Just thought I would pass on what I found out :)! ~ Kathy

Thanks for the info. That's good to know!

DH and I have never been to Nassau so I guess I'll go and
do some research on what non Disney excursions they have to offer, just to see what all of our options are....Oh well, when life hands you lemons you make lemonade.

Here's my gripe... IF we end up in Nassau, we will really be on a 7 day Bahamian cruise. Key West, CC, and Nassau are all Bahamian areas...not Caribbean! The islands are different and the water is much prettier as you head farther south and west. I'll have to deal with it, but I am frustrated that a 7 day Western Caribbean cruise may not even spend 48 hours in the Caribbean! :confused3

Sorry....just had to vent! Hopefully, we'll get a better deal. Otherwise, I can't see cruising a line that so obviously took the cheapest route possible in a bad situation! (They'll save tons of crude oil on this decision...)

I'm with you on this one. I have done the eastern before that is why i paid more for a western cruise. I would say St. Thomas or another island would be more worth it. I been to this island twice. Western once. I love the western.I just hope something changes soon.

I gotta be perfectly honest.... at this point, I don't care if the ship never leaves FL! (well, I might care... but you get me) :cool1:I'm going to be on vacation, on a cruise, not at work, relaxing! :cool1:

Disney could have just added an extra sea day, at least this way we are going somewhere. Besides, if Nassau is that bad, I'll just get back on the ship & play all day on a great big EMPTY ship! :banana:

Currently, we are supposed to do Palo that night & that might be the only thing to get messed up a bit.

I've never gotten to do an Eastern yet. The timing hasn't ever been right for when we've wanted to go. For my cruise in sept. there was an 8 day Eastern for a great price I was going to grab, but as soon as my husband caught wind of the of the basically free balcony upgrade for the "exotic caribbean" cruise that's what he wanted. I was pretty sure I'd be happy enough either way. I was more afraid of getting spoiled than anything, if I liked the balcony too much. An 8 night cruise must be nice. I'd love to do back to back one day, but my cats punish me enough for a short trip! ;) That Sept. cruise would have been our first time in a balcony room. Now this one will be. I hadn't done that on purpose. It was what was available. I really had intended to go for inside to save the money.

Here's my gripe... IF we end up in Nassau, we will really be on a 7 day Bahamian cruise. Key West, CC, and Nassau are all Bahamian areas...not Caribbean! The islands are different and the water is much prettier as you head farther south and west. I'll have to deal with it, but I am frustrated that a 7 day Western Caribbean cruise may not even spend 48 hours in the Caribbean! :confused3

Sorry....just had to vent! Hopefully, we'll get a better deal. Otherwise, I can't see cruising a line that so obviously took the cheapest route possible in a bad situation! (They'll save tons of crude oil on this decision...)

I'm with you on this one. I have done the eastern before that is why i paid more for a western cruise. I would say St. Thomas or another island would be more worth it. I been to this island twice. Western once. I love the western.I just hope something changes soon.

Tink113, I know what you mean. That's largely how we feel about it. Well, I'd want it to at least be out in the ocean. I so loved that on the 2 cruises I went on. I guess I like boats. :)

As for being really excited about Key West (sorry I can't seem to find now who said it) I don't think that's weird. I live in FL now for nearly 11 years and I've never been there. It was a nasty drive when I lived down south and from here, forget it, so it will be a great way for us to at least check out the area a little.

Mati -- Great find on the dress. Love those bargains!

Cinda -- I'm looking forward to seeing your new jewlery. I really like that beaded necklace look.

I have to say if the ship docks at Nassau I'll be staying on the ship. I've been there 3 or 4 times now and I'd rather enjoy an empty ship. I was going to stay on the ship at GC, but if this change does happen I might get off at GC and hit the beach with the family. I've heard so many positive things about CC that I'm hoping for the double dip. With that said, I am still on vacation and don't really care where we go, just that it's Disney. The last cruise I was on we ran into hurricane troubles and our Eastern Itn. changed to Western. A day on a cruise is better than a day on land anyday of the week. Well...WDW might be an exception... ;)

Kim

They have a dolphin excursion in Nassau that I think Kai could participate in. I also read about buying a day pass to the Sheraton on the beach so that might be an option and then of course there is Atlantis.

There is no telling if we will end up there but figured I want to be ready. Two weeks from now will be my LAST day of work before we leave so can't imagine not having some kind of plan in place before then just in case.

Sonya -- we will leave you messages -- don't worry.

Mati,
We did the sheraton on the beach one year. We had a blast. The pools are also included in this. Where did you find it cause i did not see it list as an excursion ? I have know clue how we booked it last time. That was so long ago ,but they had alot of stuff for the kids like a trampoline in the water etc...

Shawan -- I like the way you think! "When life hands you lemons -- you make lemonade!"

I say, if we end up going to Nassau, let's make the biggest baddest lemonade we can. We can pick a beach and all head out and make our own fun for the day OR pick a deck and have our own deck party. One thing I know for sure -- with all of my DIS Friends with me, we will have a good time! :dance3:

Should I pack the mini-blender for margaritas?? ;)

Good Afternoon Everyone!!!:)

Well.....when I found out DCL had changed the May 2nd sailing to Nassau, Shawn and I we're in an :mad::sad2::mad:kinda mood...

We've been to Nassau on a previous DCL cruise and didn't like it at all. We just weren't impressed.

I truly hope we go somewhere else....I'm sorry I dont' share in some of the excitement about Nassau:sad1: We just didn't like it.

Some of you may really enjoy it though as we all are different;)

Shawan -- I like the way you think! "When life hands you lemons -- you make lemonade!"

I say, if we end up going to Nassau, let's make the biggest baddest lemonade we can. We can pick a beach and all head out and make our own fun for the day OR pick a deck and have our own deck party. One thing I know for sure -- with all of my DIS Friends with me, we will have a good time! :dance3:

:rockband::jumping1:party:Mati- I'M IN!!! Let's DO it!party::rockband::jumping1:

Good Afternoon Everyone!!!:)

Well.....when I found out DCL had changed the May 2nd sailing to Nassau, Shawn and I we're in an :mad::sad2::mad:kinda mood...

We've been to Nassau on a previous DCL cruise and didn't like it at all. We just weren't impressed.

I truly hope we go somewhere else....I'm sorry I dont' share in some of the excitement about Nassau:sad1: We just didn't like it.

Some of you may really enjoy it though as we all are different;)

Maybe we should plan something fun to do!! :laughing:

Ashley and I are dispointed we might not make it to mexico! But we dont wanna get sick aswell!! but nassau...Ahhh been there seen it...:idea:

Im thinking were going to be playing on the ship for most of the day!

Wow, that stinks for your friend. In a way I guess it's good to hear I'm not the only one who's had a lot of trouble after. Until now I haven't heard of anyone else. I had a cavity once in like 8th grade. It was tiny and I hadn't felt it, and that was the only dental work I'd ever had until now, besides cleanings, etc. I can now report that it sucks as much as I suspected. :P

Mati - I'm sorry your little one is feeling under the weather. It's good that we still have time before the cruise & I hope he will feel better quickly.

I was a little disappointed to see the change to Nassau in a way when I looked it up on a cruise news site earlier. I went to Nassau on a 3 day cruise with family (my 1st) back in 2001 and when we got to the town part, and then again to paradise island (just a pit in the sand sorta) my reaction was pretty much "THIS?? THIS IS THE PLACE EVERYBODY GOES ON ABOUT???!!!" lol That being said, I guess I did have a good time and I would go back. Nassau had occurred to me as an alternative port the other day. I mostly don't care where we go, I just love to cruise and it's been so long. Yes, I had been looking forward to being in the really turquoisey water, since I only shopped briefly last time in Cozumel. Since this whole mess started, I've been SO hoping for a 2nd CC day. I wish they'd do it for ours if things are still up in the air by then. I figure a day at CC probably cost them more money, though, so I guess that would lessen the chance.

Didn't the straw market burn down years ago or something? Did they rebuild it?

I was in nassau in Nov of 08 our first DCL 4 night. The straw market is still there we walked around there and we saw a little pirate bar/museumpirate: went in there for a couple of beers with the kids(kids had soda).It wasnt too bad. I think Cozumel would have been better but safety over anything else is priority 1. I am really looking forward to CC.:banana: Gonna snorkel with the kids and DH. Gonna enjoy a cocktail at 9 am. Don't judge me...:rotfl:

Desiree -- don't worry, I won't judge you. I may be right there having a drink with you on CC! It is our last day at sea after all...

Beliinda, Cinda, V and everyone else who is so disappointed we may go to Nassau instead of Cozumel -- I am so sorry. I wish I could do something to make it all better (ok, that is the Mom in my coming out I guess). I guess, all we can do is hope that in 2 weeks, either this whole thing clears up and we end up back in Cozumel or DCL chooses another port for us to visit. :confused3

I wouldn't say I am excited about Nassau but like I said, I try to be a "happy girl" so will try to stay on the positive side of things. Hopefully we will know sooner than 2 weeks from today.

Crystal -- I did a search on the main board on Nassau excursions just to see what others have done and someone mentioned the Sheraton. They said they just walked up to the hotel and paid for the use of the beach. If it turns out we will end up in Nassau then I will call them and find out exact charge, what is included, etc. I also read that you can go to the Sandals or Beaches resort and buy a day pass there too. We will look for a substitute for what we were going to do in Coz so any beach with drinks and a pool could work.

I had lunch with an old friend today and he told me he and his wife were heading out on a Carnival cruise next week. It is a 5 night cruise that went to Cozumel and back. That's it, no other planned ports. Well now, they are thinking they have 5 days at sea. He was bummed but figured he would make the most of it. I am just grateful we have 3 other ports to go to!

Ok, back to work. :surfweb:

I wouldn't say I am excited about Nassau but like I said, I try to be a "happy girl" so will try to stay on the positive side of things. Hopefully we will know sooner than 2 weeks from today.

:

Thats how I feel! Its not ideal, but its better than no trip!

I am so excited!!!

Oh thanks to those who answered my cider question - it has made Tony's day to know he doesn't have to go three weeks without Strongbow!

Looks like Mom & Dad's cruise docs were mailed to my old address (from over a year ago) :headache:

Disney wants $35 to re-mail them! They keep telling me that we don't actually need them, just the forms from online filled out and printed will get them them on board. Makes me made because Disney has a policy that YOU can't change your ressie, only your TA can. I booked their cruise Dec 2007 & i was living at my old place, when I transferred to the TA, I gave them all the new info to update & I guess they didn't. They are going to call tomorrow to let me know if they will re-send them or not. The TA has to get it approved, since they will end up paying for it. Mom & Dad are the only ones using Costco Travel because we were *stuck* after I transferred and they have been the biggest pain!

:headache::headache::headache:I'm sure that they are going to tell me that since she doesn't need them, they aren't going to pay to have them re-sent. :headache::headache::headache:

Apparently the straw market did burn down back in 2001. I didn't think I had imagined that, although I hadn't realized it happened the same year I was there, some months later. I think it's been under a huge tent since then, and I think it might have moved from where it had been. Supposedly they're going to rebuild it but that won't start for a while. It was just closed for a week because the tent isn't doing so well.

WooHoo, our own party in Nassau (on or off the ship) :)! Mati, I like the way you think girl!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter