May 18, 2013 Magic EBTA Part Two - From Tejas to España

I would like to cast off a few extra cruises without DCL, however it's almost as if they have my wife in trance and she simply won't allow herself to book with another cruise company, I will go to the doctor as they must have pills for this sort of thing:rotfl2: just can't find a medical name for is DCLholic should get me the appointment.

It's the Disney Kool-Aid...or perhaps she has been sprinkled with too much pixie dust! :lmao: There's nothing wrong with having a strong preference for DCL over another cruise line - as long as you can afford it.

:cool1:

Great recap Mandy! Thanks for the comparisons.

No problem!

We had some things happening on the Med cruise that soured it for us (not Disney related), but I think we also learned that on a port-intensive cruise we don't need Disney. I could see doing a different line in Europe some other year.

Don't say that too loudly on these boards --- you might cause a riot or something on the main forum! ;) But yes - our thoughts exactly - it was like a port-intensive cruise was a floating hotel with nightly transportation. We really did not do hardly any ship activities as we were always reading up and refreshing about the next day's port of call while recovering from walking and sightseeing so much that day. :goodvibes

No problem!

Don't say that too loudly on these boards --- you might cause a riot or something on the main forum! ;) But yes - our thoughts exactly - it was like a port-intensive cruise was a floating hotel with nightly transportation. We really did not do hardly any ship activities as we were always reading up and refreshing about the next day's port of call while recovering from walking and sightseeing so much that day. :goodvibes
I was so surprised by it, honestly. I love DCL and never thought I'd want to try another line, but we were so busy on the Med that we barely got to enjoy the boat, the dinners or the shows. I think we could manage with another line. But I can't imagine any other line for something like the transatlantic :goodvibes. It was so perfect.

I totally agree with the above comments, these Med cruises are just as described as above, I would walk past the bars at night, not late and the bars were empty. By day 4, most people were in auto mode and when people are that tired it's hard to party. I have asked my wife to stay onboard on our next Med cruise in 9 weeks and I have asked just to enjoy the Magic before "she" is ripped apart. We shall just have to wait and see how that "pans" out.

No problem!

We cruised a port-intensive Med and Adriatic itinerary a few years ago with Windstar on the Wind Surf, and I agree-- a comfortable floating hotel is a godsend in between cities/countries. It was great not to have to lug luggage (must be a good reason they call it that! :rotfl2:) all over the Med. And flex dining times are so relaxing. Would do that again.

I was so surprised by it, honestly. I love DCL and never thought I'd want to try another line, but we were so busy on the Med that we barely got to enjoy the boat, the dinners or the shows. I think we could manage with another line. But I can't imagine any other line for something like the transatlantic :goodvibes. It was so perfect.

I so agree with you, Kirbo!!! :thumbsup2 with the Transatlantic, you want to be spending it with friends. Just counting shows and dinners on other ship lines do not make up for good times with friends :grouphug: for 14 days on DCL!!!!

I so agree with you, Kirbo!!! :thumbsup2 with the Transatlantic, you want to be spending it with friends. Just counting shows and dinners on other ship lines do not make up for good times with friends :grouphug: for 14 days on DCL!!!!

Ditto to both of you! With all the sea days and activities Disney has, plus the awesome folks here, the transatlantics are awesome with Disney :)

I would like to cast off a few extra cruises without DCL, however it's almost as if they have my wife in trance and she simply won't allow herself to book with another cruise company, I will go to the doctor as they must have pills for this sort of thing:rotfl2: just can't find a medical name for is DCLholic should get me the appointment.

It's our 25th anniversary in a couple of years, yes I know I look too young, however I would like to do something special for that, my wife would book the Disney suite if she could get away with it.

Here's hoping for the 2015 itineraries and a slight more realistic pricing model, yes the Baltics were silly compared to the competition.

Without sounding heretical, and risking being bounced off this august board.... :rotfl2: what cruise lines BESIDES Disney do people enjoy for a change? When NOT traveling with kids.... THX

. . . what cruise lines BESIDES Disney do people enjoy for a change? When NOT traveling with kids.... THX
Aside from DCL, we've enjoyed Celebrity, which has outstanding service and food.

Woody

gramfrog said:
Without sounding heretical, and risking being bounced off this august board.... :rotfl2: what cruise lines BESIDES Disney do people enjoy for a change? When NOT traveling with kids.... THX

My parents and grandparents loved Holland America Line. I've been on a bunch of their cruises as a kid as cruised with them twice as an adultish person (I was still in college). I enjoyed it.

I have higher status on HAL than I do on DCL.

My parents and grandparents loved Holland America Line. I've been on a bunch of their cruises as a kid as cruised with them twice as an adultish person (I was still in college). I enjoyed it.

We like HAL (we're 3 Star Mariners). It has excellent service and visits some of the most interesting ports. Lot's of nice touches, like free fresh squeezed orange juice at breakfast, and afternoon tea.

HAL's guests are typically older than on other cruise lines.

Woody

DCL is my "for a change" cruise line, as I usually choose a cruise based on itinerary and price. My next two cruises are on Celebrity (Australia/NZ) and Royal Caribbean (Scandinavia/Russia). I also have future cruise deposits on HAL and Princess, plus 2 dummy bookings on DCL.

You're in for a big treat! We sailed this itinerary in 2010, and Royal Caribbean did an excellent job.

Woody

Thanks, Woody! My DH and I were on the Jewel's Baltic cruise in 2005, and next year I'll take my oldest daughter on Legend. I'm especially looking forward to several new ports (Warnemunde; Visby, Sweden; Riga, Latvia), plus 3 days in St Petersburg - allowing us to tour Moscow on day 2. :)

Em!!!!!! You're on this WBTA disboard? Does that mean you're thinking of ditching that ole stupid (!) wedding and joining us on this cruise????:dance3:

. . . I'm especially looking forward to several new ports (Warnemunde; Visby, Sweden; Riga, Latvia), plus 3 days in St Petersburg - allowing us to tour Moscow on day 2.
Sounds fantastic, especially visiting Moscow.

Woody

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter