May 2014 Discout Watch

Thank you everyone who posted the info about the discount! I saved almost $800 by switching to riverside from FQ, even though I had to upgrade to a garden view. It was wonderful! :banana:

Okay - so our TA upgraded us to Bay Lake View at CR for a $250 savings. But, we can save ~$1000 by switching to Beach Club, Standard Room w/Garden View, so I think we're going to give that a shot. I am excited to try an Epcot resort and all it has to offer - and to put those savings towards something else!

All of mine (approx 7-9) came in around 6-7am the day after I made changes.

If you wait >24 hrs and still don't have the confirmation email, call back and ask to have it sent. I called last Thursday morning to have the Disney Visa promo applied to my reservation. I still hadn't received the confirmation email by Saturday afternoon so I called in. The CM said she could see it had never been sent. So sometimes the emails do fail to get sent.

A couple of days ago I read about the availability of the discounts. So even though our trip has been booked since last July – I called. Within 5 minutes, they had applied the Spring Vacation offer to my existing reservation and saved me over $1000 on our Beach Club stay. So it’s official – I love the Dis so much I want to marry it!!! :)

We did well...two preferred rooms In May. My mom had to call three times at 7 though. Got two men who insisted that 1) there were no discounts for May available for anyone and 2) no discounts at all and disney would never offer a room and ticket deal. 3) try...she said was a lovely woman who immediately got it and applied the discount.

Kind of scratching my head that two different CMs could be so clueless especially when the visa deal has been out for days? Are some really that poorly trained? They were very insistent that there were no May discounts available to anyone and especially not a package with room and ticket deal.

My CM, though lovely, had no idea about the discount either. She recalled hearing about a code but couldn't locate it for the longest time. I was on the phone almost hours.

I had the best CM. I called at 7am est on Thursday morning, I figured I would have to call back a couple of times but I got Ingrid and she was spot on and as sweet as she could be. Needless to say I took an extra few minutes to take the survey.

I had the same positive experience. Got a great CM named Marjorie who applied the code in less than 5 minutes. She got a glowing survey score as well!

Last I heard yesterday, my TA had been on hold for just over an hour to check about the discount for our reservation. No word back yet!

Did some playing around, we look to be saving about $450 on our POR preferred room.

OR we could spend $500 more and upgrade to Beach Club.

DH is not interested in spending more money....lol

We emailed our TA (from Dreams Unlimited) Sunday night, saying we were aware that discounts would bereleased on Monday and we would like the discount applied to existing reservation. We did not hear from her all day yesterday. Not too happy about that. Hopefully, we hear back today.

I changed from two little mermaid rooms for a finding nemo suite. Didn't "save" money like I had hoped to, but I'm excited to be in the nemo room. My daughter will love it and I'm glad we will be in the center if the resort. Since we were going with value and only staying three nights, the discount didn't make much of a discount for us. I wish it had been free dining!

We are staying at BWI May 28th - June 2nd and we got both the 30% off room and the 5th day ticket free... saving us nearly 600 bucks... :banana: woot woot! :banana:

What is the discount code?

No code, just call in if you have an existing reservation and have them apply it.

If you are making a brand new reservation, you can do it online (or call, if you prefer) since the discounts are now on there.

I tried online and it said it was non discounted rates. How do I get it to change? And thanks for answering questions

It took my TA all day yesterday to get through. She said she was on hold for 2 hours. I wonder if they call on a separate number or something that was busier than the general public line?

In any case, we were able to save over $400 on our Cars suite for the first week of May. We have others in our party who are staying in LM rooms, so I'm a little disappointed they didn't save money too, but oh well!

My TA said she was on hold yesterday morning from 7:45 until 10:30 and finally hung up. She tried again last night and saved us $600 on room/ticket package at POR. Not as great a deal as I'd hoped for, but I'll take it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter