MAY 2015 Car Rentals

deedisneydream97

DIS Veteran
Not sure if anyone has started a May 2015 car rental thread or not....but I was able to reserve a car this morning with Dollar for the first week in May, Saturday to Saturday (Dodge Avenger) for $153 incluidng taxes and fees....no code, just click on their "city special" tab after inputting your dates and don't select a car, just say "all cars"...then you will be brought to the "choose your car page" and you should see the "city special" tab. Don't know how long these prices will hold.

Thank you!! I am also watching car rentals for May.....and thanks to your tip on the Dollar rates, I just knocked $35 off the price I had secured with another company.

Our travel dates are May 1st to May 8th. I just booked a full size with Dollar, 10 am pick up and 5 pm drop off, for $164.73 taxes in.

My goal is to get the car rental for $125 or less by the time our trip rolls around :thumbsup2 . Let the car rental games begin :) .

Tagging along for a minivan rental the second week of May. The city special did not work for my time frame.

Got a van through Costco for $85 for one way in May. May not renew my membership though, so watching for a great code too :)

Tagging along for a minivan rental the second week of May. The city special did not work for my time frame.

Keep watching. Prices with Dollar in particular have been up and down to very large degrees over the past little while. My dates, which I booked for $164, are currently over $400....but they have been up to $300+, then down to $164, then back up again, etc. several times since I locked in.

A few weeks ago I reserved a rental with Alamo arriving at Tampa 5/1-5/9 for $156 full size and $278 for a minivan (taxes included). Rates have gone up since, but at least $156 is very good for an 8 day rental (especially for Tampa). Used Costco code which includes free extra driver and unlimited miles.
:cool1:
At the time, renting from Orlando was about $10 cheaper. Saved almost $400 flying into Tampa. We stay offsite, so no DME.

A few weeks ago I reserved a rental with Alamo arriving at Tampa 5/1-5/9 for $156 full size and $278 for a minivan (taxes included). Rates have gone up since, but at least $156 is very good for an 8 day rental (especially for Tampa). Used Costco code which includes free extra driver and unlimited miles.
:cool1:
At the time, renting from Orlando was about $10 cheaper. Saved almost $400 flying into Tampa. We stay offsite, so no DME.

I am hoping for Alamo as well.....we have had great experiences renting from them on past trips. Fingers crossed I can snag a similar rate before our travel dates! :thumbsup2

What is this PlatePass stuff I am reading about at Dollar? What does that options cost? ARe there other ways to get to Disney without using toll roads that won't be much longer?

What is this PlatePass stuff I am reading about at Dollar? What does that options cost? ARe there other ways to get to Disney without using toll roads that won't be much longer?

as with all alternative routes, it's easy to go to mapquest & select avoid toll route. Several options are available for this route.

we have taken surface roads for years in MCO, time involved is dependent on local traffic patterns & how many times you get lost ;) but it typically adds a good half hour each way.

as with all alternative routes, it's easy to go to mapquest & select avoid toll route. Several options are available for this route.

we have taken surface roads for years in MCO, time involved is dependent on local traffic patterns & how many times you get lost ;) but it typically adds a good half hour each way.

I figured as much. Google shows it only being about an extra 15 minutes on their toll free route.

Still haven't decided if we want to rent yet or not but I'm trying to find the best deals just in case. We are staying at CBR the first week of June. I'm concerned about all the bus stops it has.

EDIT

Why is it so much more expensive to rent from the Disney One Car rental place on property than from MCO? Yeah, I'm betting because of that word Disney but seriously, why?

I figured as much. Google shows it only being about an extra 15 minutes on their toll free route.

Still haven't decided if we want to rent yet or not but I'm trying to find the best deals just in case. We are staying at CBR the first week of June. I'm concerned about all the bus stops it has.

EDIT

Why is it so much more expensive to rent from the Disney One Car rental place on property than from MCO? Yeah, I'm betting because of that word Disney but seriously, why?

convenience and captive audience is my guess. even higher @ the dolphin/swan for dates I've checked. MCO has lots more competition and more vehicles to move.

I need to pick up @ MCO & drop a @ TPA this trip, figure i'll get dinged extra for that as I have in the past:rolleyes1

I missed the earlier window of good rates, they've been in $300 & up range for sometime my dates. :scared:

Glad to see the May thread has been revived. Here's to some great rental rates now that our travel dates aren't so far off.....only 117 days for us! :drive:

Our Alamo 8 day rental at $165 total is still the best rate we have found, by far (full size).

i have got a 7 passenger mini van 5/1 thru 5/9 - 350.92 - Alamo using VROOM VROOM VROOM code 299851 and $30.00 off AD2338FDF - that is the cheapest that I have found so far.

i have got a 7 passenger mini van 5/1 thru 5/9 - 350.92 - Alamo using VROOM VROOM VROOM code 299851 and $30.00 off AD2338FDF - that is the cheapest that I have found so far.

Thanks! Yesterday I was looking at $700-$800 for a mini-van for 10 days. Now I'm under $500 with that code. I know by the time I travel I'll probably have changed my reservation 4-5 more times, but this is a good starting point for early January.

Thanks! Got same mini van 5/25 thru 6/1 for $304 using that same info.

Whew! These rates are a bit higher than I expected. Hoping that they will come down a bit as we approach May.

Thanks for the tip! I also got a minivan for 5/23 thru 5/31 for the same price - $350.92.

I am coming up with $335 for a full size through Alamo -
picking up on May 31st and returning on June 9th using the VROOM VROOM VROOM code 299851 and $30.00 off AD2338FDF.

Does anyone think I will be able to get anything cheaper than this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter