may 23 4 day on Wonder

:jumping1:
One week from today and I'll be on the road to Florida!

My DD11 had her chorus concert last night. They had a 60's theme for it - wore tie dye shirts and sang a medley of 60's songs. All the kids looked real cute and did a great job. It's hard to believe they'll be moving up another grade soon.

::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

THIS TIME NEXT FRIDAY, WE WILL BE ON OUR WAY TO WDW, AND THEN BOARD ON SUNDAY!!!!!!::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

IT IS FINALLY SINGLE DIGITS!! I CANNOT WAIT TO MEET EVERYONE. THIS IS SUCH A GREAT GROUP! I WAS THINKING; HOW DOES EVERYONE FEEL ABOUT BRINGING A SIGNED POSTCARD BY YOUR FAMILY, TO EXCHANGE WITH EACH OTHER? MAYBE SOMETHING THAT WILL INDICATED WHERE WE LIVE? WE DON'T HAVE TO SPEND A LOT OF MONEY, AND IF IT CAN BE POSTED AS TO HOW MANY FOLKS ARE PLANNING TO MEET AT 3PM AT THE PROMENADE LOUNGE, WE WILL KNOW HOW MANY TO BRING. WHAT DOES EVERYONE THINK? IT IS JUST A SUGGESTION. SEE YA REAL SOON!!::MickeyMo :sunny: :wave:

Hi everyone!

Just got home from my last day at work.. So now it's vacation for 2,5 week :D I'm planning on spending at least half a day this weekend on reading the boards, the other 1,5 day I'll probably be packing. Can't believe I'll be on my way to Florida in less than 3 days!

I got loads of tips and advices from my colleagues at the office, so it will be a well-prepared vacation. I just checked the weather forecasts thought, and every day next week has clouds listed... :( Hopefully it will be a little sunny as well.

I'll certainly go and see Home on the Range, as it won't be in theaters here till July. I'm still wondering whether I should reserve some extra $$$ for one of the spa treatments.. it's very tempting
:teeth:

See ya all real soon!

jeroenalex - It's good to hear from you. I know you must be looking forward to being off for 2.5 weeks.

A tip of mine for the weather - I usually pack disposable panchos for those rainy times and good for those wet rides too. You can throw them away before coming back home. They are usually in the camping section of Target or Walmart around here. (Less than $1 each).

DCLADDICT - A nice way to keep in touch afterwards too.

I'm slowly starting to get things ready to pack.

DCL Addict: The postcards sound like a good idea! According to greytlady's list on Page 14, we have 16 families so far.

Jeroenalex: I wish you safe travels! Have a great time at WDW. Do not worry about the weather. In Florida, it can be rainy one minute and sunny the next. I am sure you will get plenty of sun-probably too much!!

JEROENALAX...I know that you are going to have so much fun at WDW!::yes:: Have a safe trip and I hope you have great weathr!:sunny:

The postcards sound like a great idea! Do you think that we should self-address them for sending after the cruise or sign them just to give out?

Have a great weekend!

Carol:wave2:

Hi All!

I am so glad that DH and I decided to book this trip. We have never been in such need of a vacation. So much going on in our lives right now and it seems that everything that can go wrong is going wrong! I am sooo tired but here I am on the Dis trying to unwind when I should be asleep. Glad that I have done these land/sea packages before because I've barely had time to even think about what to bring. I will be throwing things in a suitcase the night before. Will make due with what I have and be dressing very casual. I just need to relax on this trip.

Sorry for the vent. I really am looking forward to meeting all of you on board!

And by the way, it really is true...take out half of what you pack. You will be glad you did.

Only five more days until we are at WDW. Can't wait.!

Donna

Hi Donna! Couldn't sleep so thought I would check the board. So glad you'll be here in sunny Florida soon! The weather has been beautiful and you'll feel great once you get here. Won't be long now!!

Postcards are a nice idea, count me in too! We need a count and I think I would like to put my return address, that way we can keep in touch or at least our e-mail addresses.

One week til we are :boat: :boat: :boat: !!

Well, here I am again. Good morning Deweysgirl and everyone else. This is the place to be when you want to think happy thoughts! Wouldn't you know it. I was finally sleeping good and the phone woke me up. Oh well, at least I have a jump start on the day and a few minutes to spend here.

Have a good day everyone. Will check in later.

Donna

Sorry to hear about your sleepless nights. I hope things get better and you can get some rest. Repeat after me - "Vacation = no worries mon!!!" Won't be long now.

I figure I'll be buying those souvenier t-shirts at WDW to help fill out any wardrobe need if I underpack. The kids outgrew those from the last trip a couple of years ago and need new ones anyway.

I had to get my webcam fix this morning - the Magic is in port at moment. You can see part of it anyway.
:fish:

Greytlady, I am repeating "no worries mon" and starting to believe it. Was sleeping good again last night and was awakened to the cat gagging on my bed.lol. The last thing I needed was a comforter to wash. Grabbed her and tossed her in the bathroom on the ceramic floor just in time. Looking forward to some much need relaxation, but to tell you the truth I don't like to sleep too much on vacation. I want to enjoy every minute. Maybe I'll sleep in on our day at sea.

DD is very interested in adopting a Greyhound someday. I realize this is very last minute but if you happen to have any info for her that you could bring along she would really appreciate it. She just moved into an apartment and won't be able to do it until she has a house so if you don't get to it "no worries mon". I am a cat lover. Not into dogs at all but I do think greyhounds are beautiful. I really like the small ones...think they are called Italian Greyhounds.

Getting really excited and looking forward to meeting everyone at the DIS meet on board.

Signing off for now repeating "no worries mon" no worries mon...

Donna

Ragdoll, never a dull moment with pets. I have 2 cats along with my 2 greys. And even though the dogs sleep on their beds in my room, at least one cat is sleeping in my bed. One of my cats is 16 years old and has frequent moments but very spry otherwise (I'm sure she'll live to be 20). So I know what you mean - I'm glad you made it in time.

I'll be more than happy to pm you information on greyhounds for your DD. I highly recommend the book "Retired Racing Greyhounds for Dummies". There are wonderful resue/adoption groups for any breed she decides on. :D

I admit I got little sleep on my first cruise (non-Disney). I wanted to watch the sunrise every morning but yet go see what the midnight buffet looked like at night. (I'm not a late night person). I wanted to see us arrive at each port and watch us sail away. But sunrise was my favorite moment of the day on the cruise. I'd sit on the deck with a cup of coffee and watch the sun and the sea. I'd let the kids sleep in also so it was a quiet time where I wasn't rushed and just enjoyed the beauty around me. In fact the picture under my username was from a picture I took as dawn was breaking while we were pulling out of port in Nassau.

Ah, no worries mon.

:sunny:

ok- be honest everyone...how did you do with your packing this weekend? I had all intentions of completing mine, but honestly I think I'm only half way there. I am trying to remember the "unpack half of what you think you'll need " rule, but I must admit I think I will need everything!!!::yes::

My parents are treating us to a day at the space center...has anyone been before? I think the girls may be totally bored, :rolleyes1 , but my parents think that it will be good educational fun. I'm just glad because...we're on VACATION!!!

:thewave:

:bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc
Okay Mickey here we come ready or not.....
I have a few things to update everyone on so here goes...

Sunday Meet---3 p.m.--Promenard lounge-Deck 4

My family of 5 me, larger lady in my 50's, younger lady (daughter) dark hair, mid 30's, grandaughter, blonde 5, 2 grandsons 7 (red buzz cut) and grandson 10 (blond buzz cut). We will be the ones with the nametags with "Mickey" on them waving. One thing you can look for is I have a very distinguised wood carved cane and I will probably be sitting looking for all of you. I am going to make a sign "Dis Meet Here" and hold it up so with all that infomation I'm hoping you will all find me.

We should have about 14 groups/familys joining us--total of all is 65 (this includes husbands and children). Look for me and I will have your name tags "Mickey in his red shorts, yellow shoes and a big smile on his face saying Hello".

Saturday night meet at Grills--meet at 4:00 p.m. they do not take reservations but I will get there early to put our names in, so hopfully there won't be a very long wait. Magic sails at 5:00 p.m., we have 23 people going. Let me check this: Our party of 5 , Gamom party of 4, Seastar party of 4, Carol party of 6 and Fesslerl party of 4. Ask at the hostess desk where to fine "Melanie Boyle", I will try to find us a place to wait that is a little out of the way if I can. The name tags are the same for this "Mickey in shorts saying Hello".

Looking forward to seeing you all on Saturday or Sunday.

Now about the postcards can someone explain this to me please, I think my brain is on overload.

Is anyone else taking their life jackets to the meet with them? We are thinking of doing it because we will be in the right area at the right time.

See ya real soon!!!

Hi Tiggergranny-We'll see you on Sunday at 3pm. I'm going to try and get a little swimming in with the girls before the meet so I think we'll be coming straight from the pool. Afterwards, we'll head for the cabin to get our lifejackets.

Has anyone been brave enough to check the 10 day weather forecast?

TIGGERGRANNY:
I THOUGHT THAT WE MIGHT ALL BRING POSTCARDS TO EXCHANGE WITH EACH OTHER(FAMILIES). IT WOULD BE COOL IF THE POSTCARDS WE BRING WOULD REPRESENT WHERE WE ARE FROM. WE CAN HAVE EACH FAMILY MEMBER SIGN THEM, AND IF FOLKS WANT TO PUT THEIR ADDRESSES ON THEM TO STAY IN CONTACT, WE COULD DO THIS AS WELL. SOUNDS LIKE FOLKS LIKE THE IDEA, AND I LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING EVERYONE ON SUNDAY. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO E-MAIL ME. THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL OF YOUR HARD WORK!!::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: :wave2: :wave2: :bounce: :bounce:

I JUST CHECKED THE 10 DAY WEATHER FORECAST, AND , WELL, IT SAYS 50% OF RAIN ON SUNDAY, 60% ON MONDAY, AND PARTLY CLOUDY ON TUESDAY-THURSDAY. THIS IS NASSAU FORECAST, SO WE MAY SEE RAIN IN NASSAU, BUT CASTAWAY CAY MAY LOOK GOOD. BUT BEING FROM MOBILE, ALABAMA, WE SAY AROUND HERE: " IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE WEATHER AROUND HERE; JUST WAIT A FEW MINUTES, IT WILL CHANGE"! THE BAHAMAS ARE LIKE THAT TOO. THINGS COULD CHANGE IN AN INSTANT. BUT WE ARE NOT GOING TO LET THE WEATHER BRING US DOWN- RIGHT?!! LET US GO WITH A POSITIVE ATTITUDE, AND SEEK REST AND RELAXATION WITH THE MOUSE!!:sunny: :sunny: :sunny: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter