• Disfans in the Caribbean

Results are only viewable after voting.

verygfy

DIS Veteran
Welcome to Mickey's Memorial Day Fantasy

MickeyMemorialDayLogo.jpg

Logo Courtesy of Poohs4me

2012Cruise.jpg

Saturday, May 26, 2012 Port Canaveral (aboard by 3:45)
Sunday, May 27, 2012 At Sea
Monday, May 28, 2012 Grand Cayman (10:30am-4:00pm*)
Tuesday, May 29, 2012 Costa Maya (12:45pm-5:30pm)
Wednesday, May 30, 2012 Cozumel (8:30am-5:30pm)
Thursday, May 31, 2012 At Sea
Friday, June 1, 2012 Castaway Cay (9:30am-4:30pm)
Saturday, June 2, 2012 Port Canaveral (7:30am)

Here are some helpful links regarding cruise:
Disney Fantasy
Deck Plan
Shore Excursions
Keel Laying Ceremony
New Features on the Fantasy

DISEvents.jpg

If you are interested in participating in the Fish Extender Exchange please pm Magic3forme (Val). Please include DIS name, cabin number(s), names and kids ages, and home e-mail address. Magic3forme (Val) will be keeping a list of all participants. If you are unsure about what a FE is click here for a great thread all about FE.

More information on the fish extender will be posted here.

Postcard/Recipe Exchange DEADLINE APRIL 1ST
This is great way to share where you are from with your cruise mates. The way it works: Purchase postcards from your place of residence and either write a recipe on the back to share, a small note, or nothing at all. There is no right or wrong with this, just a fun way to remember all those who shared this cruise together. Please pm poohs4me with cabin number and state or country (if outside US)

Please check back here for the last date to sign up.

DIS Lanyards DEADLINE APRIL 1ST.
We will be ordering custom lanyards from lanyard lab. The current cost is $1.90 each. Verygfy will be keeping the list of participants. For a picture of the lanyard click here. The only change will be made is the date of the cruise will be added to the lanyard itself. If you are interested in participating please pm verygfy or post here. Please include your DIS name, number of people you wish to purchase lanyards for and names of each person.

Please check back for last day to sign up, meet for distribution, and any other information regarding lanyards.

DIS MEETS:

SATURDAY, MAY 26TH- VISTA CAFE ON DECK 4 AT 3PM (LANYARDS WILL BE DISTRIBUTED AT THIS MEET OR LEFT AT YOUR CABIN)

SUNDAY, MAY 27- GROUP DIS PICTURE AT 4:30 PM, DECK 3 BY ATRIUM STAIRCASE.

CURRENT LIST OF MOVIES ON THE FANTASY (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
The Avengers
Chimpanzee
John Carter (3D)
War Horse
The Muppets
Real Steel
The Help
Cars 2 (3D)
Tangled (3D)
Toy Story 2 (3D)
Thank you to Colleen for this information

***Roll Call***
If you would like to be added to the Roll Call please post or pm me (verygfy) any or all information. I will update regularly!!
DIS Name
From
Ages of children at time of sailing
Staterooms
Celebrations
Dining (Main or Late)
Show Time

1. Verygfy
Angela, DH, DS (14), DD (5)
Atlanta
Stateroom 9579
DD 6th Birthday
Late Dinner, 7pm Show

2. Kymickeyfan717
Louisville, KY

3. Jjgarv
Central, PA

4. Dawncala
Me, DH, DD(13), DS(11)
Washington

5. Alikat99
Amy, DH, DD(10), DD(8)

6. NWT
Me, DH, DD(19), DD(12), DD(18)
Graduation from college

7. BamaBornNemoNut
Me, DH, DD(18), DD(15)
DD 18th Birthday & High School Graduation

8. Strawberryblonde
DD (12)
DS (15)
Early seating (but thinking of switching to late)
DH's 42nd bday
late show (I think it is 9pm)

9. Magic3forme
Val and family
Georgia

10. Twokats
Me & DH
Anniversary

11. Kdm2865
Me, DC (6), DC (3)

12. SnowWhitee
Saint Charles, Missouri
Me, DH, DD (8), DD (10)
Stateroom 7678
14th wedding anniversary & 1st cruise
Main dining, 9 pm show

13. Kellymb
Leavenworth Kansas
Me, DH- Eric, DD#1- Megan (7), DD#2 - Lauren (6)
Also traveling with us will be my sister Amanda, BIL Billy and mom Andrea also our Exchange Student Sira (17) and her mother Walburga!
Stateroom 9672
Main dining - 9pm show

14. Harleykarolynmom

15. Kaceyisme
Me Karen (kaceyisme),DH Ken, DS 19 Bryan, DMIL Theresa

16. TotallyMickey
myself, DH, DD who will be 15 and DS who will be 11

17. Strawberry's mom&dad
Me, DH, DD, DDBF
Stateroom 6184 & 6683
DD college graduation
Main Dining

18. ShelsGoingToDisney
Omaha, NE
DS (12) DD (9) DS (7)
It will be our 20th anniversary on 5/30 during the cruise!
Dinner 8:30PM, 7pm Show

19. YippeeDCL
Alabama
Kids DS(16), DD(20), DD(21)
7527/7528
Late Dining, 7pm Show

20. our2disneygirls
Me, DH, DD(7), DD(9)

21. r_mccool
Hot Springs, AR
DS(23), DSGirlfriend(20), DS(14)
DS is proposing to Girlfriend this year at Disney World and this will be a celebration trip and maybe planning for a cruise wedding
Dinner 6, 9pm Show

22. martincorral

23. sueahern
Arizona
Me, DH, DS(7)
Late Dining, 7pm Show

24. MaverickMom
me and my husband - Mike and our son Matt (17 at cruise time)
Gty

25. dunnhorn
Leslie Ann Dunn
(also with Jason Dunn, and kids Charles - 10, and Maddie - 8)
Room #5546

26. capntavis

27. PrincessHarvey
Me, Mom, DD(4)

28. WDWPrincess486

29. runskyhy
Metro-Atlanta area
Me (Wendy), DBF (Rich), and some other family
<no celebrations>

30. modisneychick
Southeast Missouri
Myself, DH, DD 18, DS14, DD's Friend 18
Late Dining

31. amanda.c09
Leavenworth, KS
No kids. Just me and DH
Stateroom #: 8010
Early dining, 9pm show
**My sister Kellymb

32. TinaRN
Baton Rouge, LA
Me-Tina
DH-Rhett
DS-Caleb(18 at cruise time)
DD-Christa(15 at cruise time)
DDs BFF-Chelsea(15 at cruise time)
Summer Vacation
Early Dining

33. poohs4me
There are 8 of us. Me, DH, DD(15 at sail time), My Mom, My sister, her husband, and their two kids (6 and 4)

34. TamieH
DH, DW, DD16, DD11
Cat 4C
Main Dining, Late Show

35. shesesewsall
Biloxi, MS
DH-Dave, DW-Shelly, & BFF Terry (female)
Dining: Early; Show: Late (?)

36. Bagley15
Our stateroom 9050 (plus two others I will find out the numbers for them - they should be right next to ours)
Traveling with Myself, Husband, Daughter (7), Mom, Dad, Brother, Sister-in-law, Nephews (10 and 6) and niece (2)
Early Dinner and Late Show

37. ******
Me, DW, DS (18) DS (16) DD (12)
DS (18) High School graduation and Birthday
Dining:Main

38. adkins561
Pompano Beach, FL
GTY
Kathleen (Me 16)
Henry (Dad)
Second Dining

39. carrieemp
Kansas City, MO
Matt
Carrie
Madi (9)
Brent (11)
early dinner, late show

40. hoovpac55
Peoria, IL
Cabin 6001
jeff and jill
early dining late show

41. mamaprincess
me, dh and 3dd's (14 year old twins and an 8 yr old).
It's the twins 8th grade graduation gift!

42. AladdinsPrincess
Me & DH
Tampa, FL
Late dinner seating

43. PrinzessinLillifee
Me and DD(17), we will be joining my daughters host family, kellymb and amanda.c09
Münster, Germany
Stateroom: 6675
Late Dining and 9 pm show

44. Astro1
Burbank, CA
Erik, DW (Joyce), DS (Ethan, 6), DD (Madison, 4), DD (Hayley, 1)
Cabin 10580
DS Kinder graduation and DD pre-school graduation
Second seating, early show

45. Goofymama
Me, DH, DS 13 and DS 11
Atlanta GA
Late seating
Celebrating my DHs 50th birthday

46. Suzepoo
me, DH, DD (25) and DS (14)
Tennessee
7508 & 7501
my Mom and a friend of hers
Late Dining
and another family of 5
My niece is graduating from high school

47. platinumcruzer
Myself and my daughter

48. KerryFamily04
San Leandro, CA
10028/10026
Me-Jenn
DH-Will
DS-Ryan (8)
DD-Abby (33)

Ryan's 8th (May 7th) and Abby's 3rd (May 27th) Birthday.
Early Dining/Late Show

49. DisneyMouseHouse
Kansas
Me (Beverly), DH (Eje - pronounced A-ya'), Anders (DS age 12), Emily (DD age 8) and Trevon (DGS age 4)
Stateroom 12512
Celebrating 13 years of Wonder
Main Dining

50. firstcrusie2012
Indianapolis, IN (Home of Super Bowl XLVI and the Indy 500)
myself, Jane, DD (22)
DD graduation from Purdue and out first cruise
Dining late, 7pm show

51. mom2pirateNpooh
me, DH, DS12, DS5
Cabin # 8506
Celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary!
Main dining

52. Cathy718
Stan, Cathy, Ally and Caity
New Jersey
Children : Two girls ages 23, 20
Staterooms : 9080
Dining : Early seating

53. Dennisbryce
Crystal & Bob
Montana
room number 10558
2nd dinner seating,
3rd cruise

54. DreamWeaver2002
Republic, Mo
ME, DH, DD 13, DD 8, and DD 6
Main Dining

55. meb51
From Mississippi
me (Marie), DH (Steve), DS (Will - who turns 17 on the cruise)
From Virginia
Michael (brother-in-law)

56. sarahsmom02
Elk Grove, CA
Sarah (9) and Sophia (turns 6 on 5/29)
GTY 09D (waiting assignment)
DD's Birthday
Dining Late
Show Time - I have no idea.

57. Iceman09201
Me (22) and Girlfriend (25)
7656 and 7658

58. Redheadedberry

59. tanktnk
Storm Lake IA
rm#7060
honeymoon

60. mays
outside of Phila, PA
ME(39) DH(39) DS(7)
First Time Cruisers
Celebrating our 15th Anniv and 40th B days

61. bsoupy

62. Jifinifer
Me, DH, DD (5), DD (2yr 10 mo)
Indiana
??
School's out for me! DD starts K next year!
Late (and crossing fingers can switch to main??)
Early show time

63. jalonzo1
Joy, Eric (12y), Caroline (10y), and John (5y).

64. postesf

65. mamastrick

66. jswoodard
Sarah and Jeff Woodard
DD Adelynn (11) and Mataya (8)
Cabin is VGY - still unknown

67. reevesinga
12 in my party, 4 boring parents, 8 children, (ages 2-7-14-15-16-19-19-19 all are girls except for the three 19 yr olds!)

68. Brtz

69. Mary Lou in Ohio

70. disneymagicgirl
We are the Walkers.
Kids ages are 13, 4, 2.
Late dining
DDs 13th bday on the 27th

We're currently booked on the 4/10/12 double dip Dream, but I might talk DH into doing this one instead. I thought I'd want to do the Eastern itinerary but have done one in the past. Maybe I should give the Western a try.

:cheer2:

This is also our 1st 7 night, heck it's only our 2nd cruise :rotfl2: We like to jump in with both feet!!

We really liked the Western ports, I combing through trip reports to read about excursions just to narrow it down a bit we already checked off 10 or so excursions (and I have to get that down to 1), but hey I have 18 months to plan this thing!!

We booked on board the Magic last week...in addition to picking our cabin, we were able to get the discount and ship board credit! ThanksDCL for opening those dates while we were onboard! Really looking forward to this cruise as it it will be our first cruise as Platinum!

Platinum!! I can only Dream!!

When we booked our dummy date on the cruise we got the discount and the higher OBC which was awesome!! I don't ever want to sail without those two things again, I told DH when we get on this cruise I am booking 3 dummy dates :lmao:.. We received a voucher for a friend or family to cruise with us and they would get a $200 OBC credit as well, it totally went to waste :sad2:. I was so disappointed, but everyone around me didn't understand why I was booking a cruise 18 months out. I tried to explain to them, but they just don't understand!! A couple of people are still talking about going with us, but they want to wait until January 2012 to book :scared1:

We also got our cabin choice, which is great because the first room they assigned me I was nervous since there was a big gray area right behind the room I asked the CM if that was a laundry room and she confirmed it was (that so would not have been good on a sea day when I wanted to take a nap) so she quickly looked up my first choice and I got it :banana:

We'll be sailing with you. It will also be our second cruise and first 7 nighter. It'll be me, DH, DD(13) & DS(11). We're looking forward to seeing posts of the Fantasy as it's being built and riding the Aquaduck.

We just put down our deposit for this one!! If schedules stay the same (which I hope that they do), it's the day after our last day of school. And, since I'm a teacher, that's just perfect!!!

This will be our 8th DCL cruise. We've done 4 4-day cruises and this will be our 4th 7-night. We've cruised on one eastern and 2 western, so we'll be right at home on another western itinerary!!

It will be myself, DH, and 2 DDs (who will be 10 and 8 at the time).

We'll be sailing with you. It will also be our second cruise and first 7 nighter. It'll be me, DH, DD(13) & DS(11). We're looking forward to seeing posts of the Fantasy as it's being built and riding the Aquaduck.

Same here, did you see the pictures of the Dream float out. The boat looks great. You can see the aquaduck and the mini golf :cool1: I know it's not the Fantasy, but I am excited anyways. I can't wait to watch the Fantasy

Thanks for the heads up. I just finished watching several videos of the Dream launch. So cool! I also checked out your 2010 trip report. Very nice! It brought back some great memories. We took the 4 night Wonder cruise on January 4, 2010.

We just put down our deposit for this one!! If schedules stay the same (which I hope that they do), it's the day after our last day of school. And, since I'm a teacher, that's just perfect!!!

This will be our 8th DCL cruise. We've done 4 4-day cruises and this will be our 4th 7-night. We've cruised on one eastern and 2 western, so we'll be right at home on another western itinerary!!

It will be myself, DH, and 2 DDs (who will be 10 and 8 at the time).

Your daughters are to cute! We liked this date since Friday is our kids last day of school as well. It worked out just right. We chose the Western since we really liked the ports, trying to narrow down the excursions is going to be difficult.

Thanks for the heads up. I just finished watching several videos of the Dream launch. So cool! I also checked out your 2010 trip report. Very nice! It brought back some great memories. We took the 4 night Wonder cruise on January 4, 2010.

How was the weather on the January cruise? I have looked at those dates and just worried it would be to cool (I know it won't be cold, but I am nervous about the water temps).

thank you for reading, it was such a great trip and it's been a lot of fun writing the TR to relive the cruise. Sadly it is almost over just like the cruise :sad1:

How was the weather on the January cruise? I have looked at those dates and just worried it would be to cool (I know it won't be cold, but I am nervous about the water temps).

The air temp could get a little chilly, both on board and on the islands. Of course the pool temp on the ship was awesome so it didn't matter. The chill was mostly at night.

On Castaway Cay it wasn't the water that was too cold, but the wind that made DH, DS & I decide not to swim. My DD jumped in with both feet though. (Then again, we live in WA and anything is warmer than the Pacific) It was quite windy most days at sea and on CC. They even changed our CC day in the hopes that the winds would die down some. The wind didn't really effect the motion of the ship, it was a pretty smooth ride, but it did cause them to close down rentals of water toys on CC. Overall it was sunny and so pretty we didn't care.

We are looking forward to the late May visit there on the Fantasy for the more summer-like weather.

This is our first 7-day cruise, wish it could be longer!:worship: Our first cruise was a couple years ago, 4 days on the Wonder. We tried a shorter cruise, because we didn't know if we would like it, or not. :confused3 We did not want to get off the ship!:sad1:

DH18 will be graduating from college in April 2012, so this is her graduation gift.:yay: She will be 19 then, turning 20 the next month. She still has fond memories of the Stack, and made so many friends. She also did the Wild Side on Castaway Cay, and had such wonderful experiences. It will be interesting, because the next cruise she will probably be hanging around us most of the time. I checked the website, and it appears that she can join us in the adult venues, she just will not be old enough to order alcohol. Which isn't a big deal for her. I hope there is a way to connect her with some young adults closer to her age.

DH11 will be 12 then, and will be in the Tween club. I showed her the website and the offerings and she thought it looks pretty cool.

We had a hard time getting our kids out of the clubs the last time. Which was ok with us. We sat in the adult clubs until we were paged. Our rules were that they ate dinner with us and we attended the show as a family. Older DD was not allowed to go into other staterooms, and either was in the Stack or with us. It is such a great family vacation. There was something for all of us, and my DDs felt they had a little freedom to do things on their own. Looking forward to May 2012!!!:cheer2:

:goodvibes

It's DD's combo 18th B'Day, Christmas and Highschool Graduation gift! Hopefully bringing along DH and DS too. It's a long way away, but decided to book early and sit back and discuss/plan for months.

:dance3:

I know it is quite a long way yet. It just means I have that much time to be excited and to look forward to it! :rotfl::lmao: DH says that he thinks I am more excited than the DDs.

Our first cruise was a couple years ago, 4 days on the Wonder. We tried a shorter cruise, because we didn't know if we would like it, or not. :confused3 We did not want to get off the ship!:sad1:

DH11 will be 12 then, and will be in the Tween club. I showed her the website and the offerings and she thought it looks pretty cool.

We had a hard time getting our kids out of the clubs the last time. Which was ok with us.

This sounds a lot like our experience. We had a very bad 1st cruise experience with Carnival. (It was a gift so we went, but have been trying to block it out ever since) When I wanted to book with Disney the whole family fought me on going for 7 nights so we did the 4 night instead. Then they complained when it was time to get off.

We practically had to drag our son out of the kids club for dinner, but family dinner was our rule too. We did let him miss one show to meet back with a friend he'd made in the club. Our daughter didn't mind leaving the club because there were such interesting things going on around the ship. We really liked the animation and towel folding classes and she loved the Bingo. Perhaps your DD12 & my DD13 will meet in the tween club or could chat before the cruise.

The air temp could get a little chilly, both on board and on the islands. Of course the pool temp on the ship was awesome so it didn't matter. The chill was mostly at night.

On Castaway Cay it wasn't the water that was too cold, but the wind that made DH, DS & I decide not to swim. My DD jumped in with both feet though. (Then again, we live in WA and anything is warmer than the Pacific) It was quite windy most days at sea and on CC. They even changed our CC day in the hopes that the winds would die down some. The wind didn't really effect the motion of the ship, it was a pretty smooth ride, but it did cause them to close down rentals of water toys on CC. Overall it was sunny and so pretty we didn't care.

We are looking forward to the late May visit there on the Fantasy for the more summer-like weather.

We are also looking forward to the May cruise to avoid hurricane season. On our cruise this past September only the first night was bad, 12' waves and the boat was seriously rocking. Thankfully none of us got sick, but watching the weather channel everyday to see where the hurricanes were going was driving me insane!!!

This is our first 7-day cruise, wish it could be longer!:worship: Our first cruise was a couple years ago, 4 days on the Wonder. We tried a shorter cruise, because we didn't know if we would like it, or not. :confused3 We did not want to get off the ship!:sad1:

DH18 will be graduating from college in April 2012, so this is her graduation gift.:yay: She will be 19 then, turning 20 the next month. She still has fond memories of the Stack, and made so many friends. She also did the Wild Side on Castaway Cay, and had such wonderful experiences. It will be interesting, because the next cruise she will probably be hanging around us most of the time. I checked the website, and it appears that she can join us in the adult venues, she just will not be old enough to order alcohol. Which isn't a big deal for her. I hope there is a way to connect her with some young adults closer to her age.

We had a hard time getting our kids out of the clubs the last time. Which was ok with us. We sat in the adult clubs until we were paged. Our rules were that they ate dinner with us and we attended the show as a family. Older DD was not allowed to go into other staterooms, and either was in the Stack or with us. It is such a great family vacation. There was something for all of us, and my DDs felt they had a little freedom to do things on their own. Looking forward to May 2012!!!:cheer2:

I am happy to hear your DD had a great time with the Wild Side we were looking into that for DS since he will be 14 at the time and thought he might really enjoy that. He got a little bored at Castaway Cay with just swimming and playing in the sand, so we knew next time we were definitely booking an excursion and he liked it since it was teens only.

DD cried when they cut off her wristband from the clubs. She had such a great time and was always asking to go back. We also had the same rules with dinner and show as a family and beyond that everyone could do as they pleased. I think that is what made this one of the best vacations in a long time. It sounds like we were separated a lot but actually we spent a lot of time together doing different things. I think it worked out great and plan on repeating a lot from our first cruise on this one as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter