*May 27, 2012 DISNEY DREAM* 5-night Double Dip to Castaway Cay!

PoeticMoe

Mouseketeer
Hello! I just booked this cruise this morning! It will be myself and DS11 at the time we sail. We have quite a ways till we meet on this cruise -- but the planning is half the fun! :goodvibes

We're driving down from Atlanta, spending a day at Disney World before the cruise, and spending 2 days at Disney World after the cruise. We haven't cruised with Disney since my son was a baby in 2001 on the Wonder, so I'm VERY excited to be back on Disney and try the new Disney Dream.

Who else is coming along?

Morning! I woke up this morning even more excited about booking this cruise. Didn't think I could get more excited...! :rotfl: Right now I'm booked in an oceanview, but I'm thinking we may want a balcony cabin. I have a balcony cabin booked on Allure of the Seas for Christmas, 2011, so it may be hard to go from a balcony to an oceanview on the Dream for 2012. Hmmm...have to give that some more thought today.

Well - hope others join the roll call! :)

Hello! I figured I would post here at least once or twice a day, so that people that may have booked this cruise can see we have a cruise meet going.

TGIF! :thumbsup2

Hello and happy Saturday! :banana:

I've been looking at all the new enhancements to Castaway Cay and I can't wait to visit there on this cruise - twice! The water and beaches in the Bahamas are so beautiful.

Now only if my countdown clock would hurry up....! :)

Good afternoon! I'm a little late in posting today, but I guess it's ok, since I'm basically talking to myself on this thread! :lmao:

Admittedly, I've been tossing around the idea of going on a 7-day cruise, instead of this one. While I like the idea of going to Castaway Cay twice on this sailing, I also like the idea of going on a 7-day cruise, as opposed to this 5-day one.

However, right now I'm booked in a balcony cabin for this cruise, and if I move to the 7-day, I'd have to downgrade to an inside cabin, due to the additional cost.

Any insight on this? Would you do a 7-day Caribbean cruise, as opposed to 5-night double-dip to Castaway Cay? And would you give up a balcony cabin and go inside cabin to make the change? Oh, I'm so confused!

Hopefully someone is reading this thread.....thanks!

Well, after much thought, I've decided to switch and sail on a Disney Fantasy 7-night Carribean cruise.

Have a great time on the Dream! :goodvibes

Whoops - guess who's back on board?! ME! :rotfl:

After doing the Eastern and Western caribbean routes on other lines, I came back to this sailing, mainly because of the double-dip to Castaway Cay. I just LOVE cruise private islands! :goodvibes

Hopefully others will join in and we can get the planning started. I'll be sure to post every day, to keep this thread on the 1st page. :)

Morning and Happy Monday! I asked the Moderators to put a link to this cruise meet on the main boards. Hopefully it will show up there soon, so people don't have to search so deep to find this thread.

Then maybe I can stop talking to myself around here! :lmao:

Good afternoon! Just bumping this thread to the top - to be SEEN! :goodvibes They haven't put this thread on the 'main' list of Dream cruises for 2012, but hopefully soon! :thumbsup2

Good afternoon and happy Monday! Weekend was good, but the weather here in ATL today is crappy. Rainy, cold...just blah. :rolleyes: Makes for a great day to take a nap. Lol

Make it a good one!

Hello! Just mooooving us to the top, so anyone else can join in. It sure would be nice to have others to 'talk' to....! :goodvibes

PoeticMoe, I just saw your post on the CSR thread and noticed that not only are we on the same cruise, but we will be at WDW around the same time at the same resort! :cool1: I also have a son, who will be 12 when we sail.

PoeticMoe, I just saw your post on the CSR thread and noticed that not only are we on the same cruise, but we will be at WDW around the same time at the same resort! :cool1: I also have a son, who will be 12 when we sail.

Drummerwife - AWESOME!! :cool1: I finally have someone to talk to around here and can stop talking to myself! LOL :lmao: My son will be 11 when we sail. Have you cruised DCL before? We have, but it was way back in 2001 and my son was just a baby. I've been waiting for these new Disney ships to come out and have been watching the build and progress very closely. Since we're doing the land trip to WDW next year, we decided to do the cruise in 2012. Besides, the rates for 2012 were much cheaper than the rates for 2011 - go figure! Have you and your family cruised before? We've cruised on other lines, but for our next cruise, I really had no interest in going back to the Caribbean. So this 5-night double-dip to Castaway Cay is perfect for us.

And how cool is that we'll also be at WDW around the same time next year, AND staying at CSR! What a coincidence. I haven't been to Disney in years, and this will be my son's first visit. But I'm way more excited to go back than he is. :laughing: Have you stayed at CSR before? It looks really nice in all the pics I've seen. And the free dining offer doesn't hurt either. :thumbsup2

Drummerwife - AWESOME!! :cool1: I finally have someone to talk to around here and can stop talking to myself! LOL :lmao: My son will be 11 when we sail. Have you cruised DCL before? We have, but it was way back in 2001 and my son was just a baby. I've been waiting for these new Disney ships to come out and have been watching the build and progress very closely. Since we're doing the land trip to WDW next year, we decided to do the cruise in 2012. Besides, the rates for 2012 were much cheaper than the rates for 2011 - go figure! Have you and your family cruised before? We've cruised on other lines, but for our next cruise, I really had no interest in going back to the Caribbean. So this 5-night double-dip to Castaway Cay is perfect for us.

And how cool is that we'll also be at WDW around the same time next year, AND staying at CSR! What a coincidence. I haven't been to Disney in years, and this will be my son's first visit. But I'm way more excited to go back than he is. :laughing: Have you stayed at CSR before? It looks really nice in all the pics I've seen. And the free dining offer doesn't hurt either. :thumbsup2
I've always liked talking to myself, because I like to hear what I have to say.:lmao:
Yes we have sailed DCL. We did a 4 nt in Oct '07 and I just got back from a 4 nt mom's getaway cruise. I too have been watching the building of the Dream very closely and I'm really excited about May '12. We are also planning to sail on the Fantasy for Christmas 2012. :santa: Now if they would just announce those dates.

We've been to WDW many times. My parents recently moved away from Orlando, so now we have to stay onsite. Darn. :rotfl2: We stayed at CSR this past Aug and had a super great time. The resort is really nice and the pool can't be beat. We will be there 15 -24 Sep. how about you? And your right about the free dining offer, it's nice.

I've always liked talking to myself, because I like to hear what I have to say.:lmao:
Yes we have sailed DCL. We did a 4 nt in Oct '07 and I just got back from a 4 nt mom's getaway cruise. I too have been watching the building of the Dream very closely and I'm really excited about May '12. We are also planning to sail on the Fantasy for Christmas 2012. :santa: Now if they would just announce those dates.

We've been to WDW many times. My parents recently moved away from Orlando, so now we have to stay onsite. Darn. :rotfl2: We stayed at CSR this past Aug and had a super great time. The resort is really nice and the pool can't be beat. We will be there 15 -24 Sep. how about you? And your right about the free dining offer, it's nice.

A Christmas cruise on the Fantasy sounds wonderful! That will be a great Christmas. We've never travelled during Christmas time, but next year we're taking a Christmas cruise on Freedom of the Seas and I can't wait!

We'll be at CSR 9/18 - 9/24 - could we have any more in common?! :goodvibes What deck are you on for the Dream?

A Christmas cruise on the Fantasy sounds wonderful! That will be a great Christmas. We've never travelled during Christmas time, but next year we're taking a Christmas cruise on Freedom of the Seas and I can't wait!

We'll be at CSR 9/18 - 9/24 - could we have any more in common?! :goodvibes What deck are you on for the Dream?

What a fantastic fall and winter you'll have! WDW in Sep and a cruise for Christmas...would you like to adopt three more people, we won't take up much room or eat much, really. :lmao:

We should plan a get-together at CSR while we're there. Maybe at the dig site? :thumbsup2 We'll be on deck 7 cabin 7074, how about you?

Hope you have a good night and a great week-end.

Janice

Wow, I'm surprised (kind of) that a meet is already up for a cruise 18 months away. I think it is the cruise that for most folks will be just after school lets out and around Memorial Day. We (will) have a 13 and 15 yr old. They are excited to do the Aquaduck. Otherwise, I am hoping to have my wife relax as much as possible on board and on CC. BTW, Christmas Fantasy cruise 2012 sounds awesome-- I'm going to check right now.

What a fantastic fall and winter you'll have! WDW in Sep and a cruise for Christmas...would you like to adopt three more people, we won't take up much room or eat much, really. :lmao:

We should plan a get-together at CSR while we're there. Maybe at the dig site? :thumbsup2 We'll be on deck 7 cabin 7074, how about you?

Hope you have a good night and a great week-end.

Janice

Hi Janice! We should definitely plan a get together at CSR. That would be FUN! Our cabin is on deck 6, aft of the ship. This will be our first time having a balcony too; woo hoo! :banana:

Right now I'm working on a 'plan of action' for when we do WDW, like which parks we're going to visit and what rides we're going to do first. I definitely need some strategy to maximize my time there! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter