may 4th live Bawb memorial

my new park peeve is the people with blue tooth ear gizmos... Are you really so important that you need one of those in your head @ mk? I mean really? At the happiest place on earth on vacation pushing you kid in a 31$ stroller do you need that distraction?

We went to see Cheryl Wheeler (a folk singer) and she talked about those kind of things and how people look like they're walking around talking to themselves, like crazy people :-)

WO, I'm so glad you made it there. After your Bob encounter and winning the cruise - you epitomize all of us Dis Unplugged fans.

my new park peeve is the people with blue tooth ear gizmos... Are you really so important that you need one of those in your head @ mk? I mean really? At the happiest place on earth on vacation pushing you kid in a 31$ stroller do you need that distraction?

Sorry about that WO! It's actually my auto Q-tipper! ;-)

Glad you could make the Podcast get together, from the pictures it appeared to be as nice of a time as it could have been. I tell ya, this community feels more like a family through all of this.

Yea everything was incredible I have to say totally not what I was expecting. It was very nice to get to know all of u and Kevin and John very nice to meet u. Thank all of u who put this together.

My wife and I attended the memorial today. We were walking through the Gaylord Palms and it was our first time there. We stopped to check the map to see if we could find the room that we were supposed to be in. There was a woman in front of us at the map and we overheard that she was looking for the same room as we were. We started walking towards the room right behind her and her party. She stopped to look at the live alligators and we stopped next to her to check them out as well. One gator was especially active swimming around and she commented to us that they are usually just lying around.

I was in a bit of a somber mood because I was anxious about going to the service. I was wearing a lime green Disney shirt and after looking at the gators for a few minutes the woman asked if we were DISers. We said yes and she said "Oh, I'm so glad you decided to come, I am Bob's wife Diana."!

She was so happy that we were there for Bob and she gave us each a big hug. We walked into the room with her and she took us up and showed us all of the pictures of Bob and his family that were on display.

The room was beautiful and the food and service were excellent. We got to talk to Kevin and John, Corey & Julie and we also sat at a table with and got to meet fellow DISers safety mom, okw lover, grumpy0711 and others.

We talked to Diana 2 more times before we left and when we were saying our goodbyes to her she was so thankful that everyone showed up and she was so happy that so many people showed up to celebrate Bob. I started to cry as we said goodbye and she told me to only greive for a short time and then be happy and celebrate Bob. She was truly wonderful and strong!

Thank you Diana for everything and we wish you all the best. You are in our prayers. Stay strong and thank you for sharing Bob with us!

My wife and I attended the memorial today. We were walking through the Gaylord Palms and it was our first time there. We stopped to check the map to see if we could find the room that we were supposed to be in. There was a woman in front of us at the map and we overheard that she was looking for the same room as we were. We started walking towards the room right behind her and her party. She stopped to look at the live alligators and we stopped next to her to check them out as well. One gator was especially active swimming around and she commented to us that they are usually just lying around.

I was in a bit of a somber mood because I was anxious about going to the service. I was wearing a lime green Disney shirt and after looking at the gators for a few minutes the woman asked if we were DISers. We said yes and she said "Oh, I'm so glad you decided to come, I am Bob's wife Diana."!

She was so happy that we were there for Bob and she gave us each a big hug. We walked into the room with her and she took us up and showed us all of the pictures of Bob and his family that were on display.

The room was beautiful and the food and service were excellent. We got to talk to Kevin and John, Corey & Julie and we also sat at a table with and got to meet fellow DISers safety mom, okw lover, grumpy0711 and others.

We talked to Diana 2 more times before we left and when we were saying our goodbyes to her she was so thankful that everyone showed up and she was so happy that so many people showed up to celebrate Bob. I started to cry as we said goodbye and she told me to only greive for a short time and then be happy and celebrate Bob. She was truly wonderful and strong!

Thank you Diana for everything and we wish you all the best. You are in our prayers. Stay strong and thank you for sharing Bob with us!

:grouphug:

It was a beautiful way to give tribute to, and celebrate Bawb's life. I met many other disser's and Kevin, John, Corey, Julie, the elusive Will and Dianer. We had met many at the Dec. 6 meet and they welcomed us as if they had known us forever. Very warm, loving group. It was very moving and rewarding to sit and visit and share Bawb stories. Thank you Podcast Crew for allowing your listeners the opportunity to share in celebrating Bawb's life with you. Sharon

Thanks for sharing about the memorial. It helps those of us who couldn't be there.

Bob's wife sounds like a wonderful person. May God bless her:hug:

Kim

Sorry about that WO! It's actually my auto Q-tipper! ;-)

Glad you could make the Podcast get together, from the pictures it appeared to be as nice of a time as it could have been. I tell ya, this community feels more like a family through all of this.

I could not agree with you more!! I am happy that you all in Fla were able to comfort each other and give Diana a big hug from her Dis family.

My husband wears the blue tooth in his ear because he only has one arm and is hard of hearing. It's difficult for him to hear the phone ring and difficult to handle the phone. We carry the phone so that we can communicate with our children and their families when we can't find each other in those theme parks. I believe most people wear the blue tooth to keep their hands free, especially if they have children. Personally, I don't like talking on the phone, so our family call my husband when they want to get in touch with us.;)

iuki
:surfweb:

i always think they are talking to me too! :lmao:

Keep the office at the office not at the magic kingdom thank you!

Im glad the meet went well!

DS5 and I were out running errands today and this woman had one...she had her hand over her ear (you couldn't see it at first) but she was talking super loud...

He says "mom she's talking to herself" It made me chuckle and think of the thread.

LOL! :rotfl2: My husband & I wre just talking about this the other day! Then God forbid you pass them and they are talking to someone! I can't tell you how many times I said "Excuse me?" I thought they were talking to ME! How embaressing!

PS Thanks for lightening the mood. Bawb always loved a good peeve:hug:

I had a similar incident today at the Optometrist. Fellow was sitting there and all of a sudden goes, "What time is it?" I immediately look at my watch and look up at him, mouth open, ready to say "It is 9:15" and he is rattling on about a meeting then I see the little blue light.

It's a total PSYCH half the time. Then if they are speaking to you, you don't realize it cause you think they are on their bluetooth thingy. I can understand if you are driving, or cooking or something. But sitting down reading a magazine?:confused3 You just have to chuckle because half the time the guys look like Lando Calrissians droid helper in Empire Strikes Back, 4-LOM.:cool2:

It was great to meet so many of you on Sunday. The room was so elegant and the food was fantastic. I just wish we could have been there for a podcast taping (because that would mean that Bawb would have been there). :grouphug:

It was great to meet so many of you on Sunday. The room was so elegant and the food was fantastic. I just wish we could have been there for a podcast taping (because that would mean that Bawb would have been there). :grouphug:

It was good to meet you and Bill also Tracy. Quite a coincidence that you also know Scott & Lynn. How did you happen to connect us?

You're right - it would have been such a fun time to have been there for an actual taping. Maybe the crew will try setting one up at a later date.

It was good to meet you and Bill also Tracy. Quite a coincidence that you also know Scott & Lynn. How did you happen to connect us?

Believe it or not, food! We were talking about the food at the meet and I was talking about how nice Gaylord Palms is and Scott said they had friends who were there. He mentioned your names and I immediately knew who he was talking about!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter