May/June 2001 Trip -- Part 3: Disney-MGM Studios – Who Wants to Meet a Moderator?

WebmasterBarry

DIS Veteran
May 25, 2001

The cast:
Me (the 29-year old)

I arrived at Disney-MGM Studios around 1:30. As I pulled up to the parking booth, I overheard the people in the other car taking to the parking attendant. They asked how much it was to get in. Obviously, they did not read the DIS before coming! I can understand if they ask about park hours, but how did they get so far without knowing even around what prices tickets are? I was kind of surprised that they did not turn around when they heard a one-day ticket costs around $50!

I parked and entered the Studios at 1:30. As I walked down the main strip, I noticed the hat. It looked like a big eyesore to me. The thing I should be seeing down the road is the Great Movie Ride. That building is a good anchor for the road. The hat is like a big zit – it’s just in the way! Maybe I will feel better when it is finished.

I checked the Information board. The Rock N Roller Coaster had a 60-minute wait. The next Who Wants to Be a Millionaire: Play It! show was at 2:15. I decided that I would go over to the Rock N Roller Coaster, get a Fast Pass, and watch the Millionaire show. That’s one of the reasons why I stopped by Disney-MGM Studios today. The other reason was to see Star Wars Weekends. I picked up a Fast Pass at the Rock N Roller Coaster and my return time was 3:35 to 4:35.

I headed over to the Millionaire show. I had to cut through the Animation Courtyard, which I hadn’t visited in a while. That’s why I ended up walking the wrong way. I finally figured out from the map where the show was. I waited in line for about 15 minutes. Boy, the queue area needs shade! There were small areas of shade and people gathered around those spots. The rest of the time everyone had to endure the oppressive Florida sun. While waiting in line, I met another DIS’er, Bjumper (I think that’s what her name was). I felt like I didn’t treat her very well. I still had the feelings of disappointment from Rhino Rally. I knew those feelings would go away eventually, but I didn’t know when. I wish I had been more enthusiastic and I felt like apologizing.

The show did reverse my disappointment. I wasn’t expecting much from the show, but it was quite fun! The host was very good. He was nicknamed Regis, the Next Generation, but he as quite older than Regis. He could have been Regis’ dad! I saw two contestants vie for a million points. One man got up to around 32,000 and another woman got up to 8,000 points before the show ended. I probably wouldn’t have lasted that long. The first five questions were about Disney. I missed a 100-point question! I hope Jay Leno never stops me on the streets and asks me easy questions! During the show, I heard a crying baby. I mention this because it will be important later.

I was still waiting for my Fast Pass window to open, so I went over to the Star Wars weekend area.

Going to MGM this August. Do you know when the WWTBAM show starts? Do they do morning shows as well as afternoon shows? Kids & I would like to go at least twice I hear there is fast pass for this.

So sorry to hear about Rhino Rally. I hate when you get all revved up about something and it is such a letdown,
Hopefully they will revamp it.

I think the Millionaire show starts at opening and runs until close. It starts 15 minutes after the hour.

Thanks for the review of Who Wants to be A Millionaire. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter