May/June 2001 Trip -- Part 4: Disney-MGM Studios – You Will Succumb to the Dark Side!

WebmasterBarry

DIS Veteran
May 25, 2001

The cast:
Me (the 29-year old)

I headed over to Star Wars Weekends to see what was happening. The Jedi Training show was about to start, so I headed over to the stage by Star Tours.

There were a few Star Wars characters walking around. Then the show began. The training show was more for the kids. It was a good chance for the parents to take photos of their kids. Basically, the show was about light saber training. I kept on hearing “Cut to the left shoulder! Cut to the right shoulder! Cut to the left leg! Now the other leg! Duck! Now cut to the head!” After hearing that for 10 minutes, I was ready to leave. Then Darth Vader came and I thought, “Good! Now we can see some killing!” The kids were able to fight over Vader successfully. I just wish the show had more variety than cutting and ducking. The big fish-head captain from “Return of the Jedi” stopped to watch the show and even posed for photos with some lovely ladies!

It was time to use my Rock N Roller Coaster Fast Pass, so I headed over to the ride. I was seated in the back seat. Usually, the back seat is the roughest, but this time wasn’t so bad. I remember that I had pulled my restraint too far and it squeezed my shoulders. That did not feel very good. This time, I loosened them up just a bit and the ride was more comfortable.

I got another Rock N Roller Coaster Fast Pass and my return time was from 5:05 to 6:05. I headed over to the Tower of Terror and saw the wait was 13 minutes. That means it is a walk-on! Whoo-hoo! I took my up and down ride on the old elevator. I checked my map for more Star Wars Weekends events and I saw the Behind the Force movie was going to start. It was a behind the scenes look at Episode II. I headed over because it would be a cool place to rest my feet. The movie was just a hodge-podge of clips. It had interviews with the cast, designers, clips of new sets and ships, and some talk from George Lucas. It wasn’t bad, but nothing you wouldn’t see on HBO or something. I heard another crying baby during the movie! This must be “bring your crying baby to Disney” day.

I took another ride on the Tower of Terror. It was another 13-minute wait. I then used my Rock N Roller Coaster Fast Pass and I got in the sixth row. It was another great ride on the coaster! As I left the building, I noticed that a Cast Member was selling ponchos from a cart. Uh-oh…it looks like rain! The clouds were looking nasty, so I decided to head out. I wanted to visit the Holy Land Experience around 6:00 and stay until closing.

I headed to the parking lot and drove to the Holy Land Experience. The clouds were getting ugly, but I thought that I would arrive at the attraction before the rain started.

My 11 year old son would've loved the "duck and cut " training! LOL!

Thanks again for posting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter