May/June Codes watch....

I had a 35 minute wait and got a CM at 8:35am this morning. I was able to book the AP rate for the Poly GV (6/9-13, $100 off rack) and POFQ (6/7-9, $40 off rack). Actually, I was applying the rate to my existing reservations. I also purchased my AP in this call. Very, very nice CM. I told him I would be as fast as possible because I knew they were very busy this morning and he kindly replied that I was his only priority at the moment.... but I still tried to hurry! He also said I did not have to redeem my voucher before checking in, anytime is fine.

I thought I was never going to get through :goodvibes . After at least 4 tries using 407, 800 and 877 #s and being on hold more than an hour and a half total I finally switched our Savanah View AKL for 5/19-22 for $219. We will save $230 from our original AAA rate. :banana: :banana:

This savings will give us plenty of $$ to do some special things we wouldn't have been able to swing otherwise. DH will be so happy! :love2:

I can finnally get off the internet now and spend time with the kids. God knows what they've been up to while I've been on hold all morning. At least they got breakfast :bitelip: .

After being on hold for 48 minutes (& 49 seconds LOL), finally got through. The very nice CM told me AP rates are not out yet past 4/16. I told her yes they were! She looked again and found them. I got standard CBR for $365 for 3 nights in June (SW Weekends). We saved $56 from the AAA rate....enough for 1 dinner :)

Nice CM....but I can tell why the waits are so long. Besides the normal speech about Cirque and dining PS's, she was chatting with me about these boards, SW Weekends, NYC, airports etc. I wanted to tell her she was wasting my cell phone minutes but I held back! :)

My DW had to go into work and I took over the "being on hold" :rolleyes1 . after 58 minutes I finally got thru! :banana: :cheer2:
Pool View AT AKL for 165$ !! :earboy2: AP codes rule!
Last time we had a savannah view and when the animals are'nt "saying hello"
there isnt much to see except trees and dirt. nice trees though they are.
With there being so many viewing places to see the "residents" we opted for a pool view. :wave2:

Advance The Man said:
Seems some people are getting the ap code with the deluxes. I was told it wouldn't work till possibly tomorrow for the deluxe rooms.

I got the Yacht Club and a one bedroom villa at the Beach Club so call back.

My guess is that general public codes will be in the Sunday paper.

If the FL residents rates aren't any better than the AP rates for Value and moderate resorts - I'll probably pass on them! Last year the rates for a moderate were considerably less ($69.00) and values were $54.00. Kind of glad I didn't renew my pass in January. It might be a while before we go back.

If General Codes do show up in the Sunday paper, when will here about them on Mousesavers, DIS, etc.? Don't think I should skip church to go buy a paper and search for codes, but if I could check before we leave the house............! :earboy2:

I sat on the phone last night for 30 minutes to see if maybe I had a code...which I didn't. Anyway, we can only stay at POR in AB because of our size and budget...they didn't have ANY availability. :sad2: He tried to get me to book 2 rooms at FQ instead. Yeah...like I am going to pay for a room we don't use. I mean really would anyone put their children who are 4 and under in a seperate room? :rolleyes: So DH and I decided we would postpone until Sept. which is when we usually go...less expensive and less crowded. The reason we didnt want to wait until then is because our APs expire on Sept. 16 and we had to postpone our trip last year 2X because of the hurricanes. I didn't want to wait and then miss out because of a hurricane and our APs expire. But DH said if that happens we will renew them. YAY! So now I don't have to stress about these stupid codes anymore...although it figures they come out today after we decide to wait. :rolleyes:

He also said we could go up for the day a few times between now and then and even a weekend. He's the BEST! :teeth:

Clare said:
If General Codes do show up in the Sunday paper, when will here about them on Mousesavers, DIS, etc.? Don't think I should skip church to go buy a paper and search for codes, but if I could check before we leave the house............! :earboy2:

:rotfl2: :rotfl:

It felt just like I was making crt ressies! I woke up at 3:57am (pacific time) and kicked up my speed dial. After 4 re dials, I got through. I wasn't even put on hold. I got the nicest cm who was so patient, knowing it was still night time for me. She said there was no availability for my dates for pool view at AKL, but I was able to get savanah view for $219 a night 4/30-5/7! Yahoo!!!! :cool1: AKL, here we come! :sunny:

Has anyone that booked through small world vacation heard from them yet today? I have e-mailed and have tried to call them but no answer. I bet they are really busy today. I am worrying for no reason????

rgo772 said:
Has anyone that booked through small world vacation heard from them yet today? I have e-mailed and have tried to call them but no answer. I bet they are really busy today. I am worrying for no reason????

I heard from my TA, Kerri, this morning. I think it was around 9:00 or so. In fact, I didn't even know codes were out. Her call was my first clue. Now I have to decide whether or not to buy an AP. There's huge doubt where a general code will appear, so I might just go for it. After all, if you spend $50 on the dining discount, you get 20% off your food. That with the room discount will save us quite a bit. Especially when, without the dining discount, we'll be saving $400 with the AP purchase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter