MAY W.I.S.H Thread:

Really truly grateful it is Friday. This week has been on-site testing for the current work project, except Tech isn't on-site. At the beginning of the week we were trying to complete a tech test, so I was driving... as in communicating thru SLACK trying to get someone to move from point a to point b, tell me when you get there and then and perform task x. That part actually went OK (I'm a pretty good driver), then we switched to scenarios they were driving and it turned into the wild wild west. But we're making progress.

Something shifted in my body midweek and I'm not feeling as sore and achy as I was and the new probiotics are really helping my tummy, so I'm feeling much better. Tomorrow I'm thinking I'll go searching for a patio table, Sunday I'm going to actually go to Port Townsend.

“You gotta know your goal. You gotta know your why. There will be days when you don’t want to. Motivation doesn’t show up every day. Dedication and discipline is what will get you through.” Heard this during my workout today it’s so true!!! Workouts are part of my morning habit. But I need more discipline with my eating! Because some days…I just don’t want to ;)

I love it! Do the kids all dance?
We visited my grandson’s first grade classroom on grandparents day and in between lessons the teacher played the Thriller video with Michael Jackson-watching the kids dance along was the highlight of the visit!
You bet they do! I have a couple break dancers that go all out. It's very entertaining and sets the tone for the day. We actually do "Zumba for Kids" YouTube videos for indoor recess and they end up learning the routines. I also use different dance videos to teach high frequency words.

Music is everything.

Really truly grateful it is Friday. This week has been on-site testing for the current work project, except Tech isn't on-site. At the beginning of the week we were trying to complete a tech test, so I was driving... as in communicating thru SLACK trying to get someone to move from point a to point b, tell me when you get there and then and perform task x. That part actually went OK (I'm a pretty good driver), then we switched to scenarios they were driving and it turned into the wild wild west. But we're making progress.

Something shifted in my body midweek and I'm not feeling as sore and achy as I was and the new probiotics are really helping my tummy, so I'm feeling much better. Tomorrow I'm thinking I'll go searching for a patio table, Sunday I'm going to actually go to Port Townsend.
Your job sounds fascinating...I'm as low-tech as they come lol. Glad you're feeling better.

What’s everyone doing today?

We’re having a cookout with the family-will probably go for a walk. I bought a cornhole game today when I was out-should be fun.

Here’s an easy recipe for the grill:

Slice a pork loin into chunks and marinate for about a half hour. Soak some wooden skewers in water while they are marinating. Using two skewers (makes turning them on the grill easier) thread the meat and vegetables (onions, peppers, squash) leaving a little room at the end. Grill about 5 minutes on each side.

Have a good day, everyone!

I’m planning on going for a run this morning. Then we have stuff to drop off for another clothing drive for Travel Club. My daughter works 10-2 and my son will be mowing lawns this morning. So I might jump into the hot tub for as little while they are busy. Maybe read a little while sitting on the deck too. No real big plans. My parents come home from Disney and my sisters family is coming home from the shore. So we might try to catch up with them at some point too. Grilled chicken & veggies is the plan from dinner.

Hope everyone has a relaxing weekend-it’s really starting to feel like summer, isn’t it?

It definitely is. DH has already got the pool shaping up, and I heard it’s going to be almost 90* on Sunday!

What’s everyone doing today?

Considering surprising the twins I tutor at their T-ball game.

Ought to stop by the bank and post office.

Need to figure out dinner and defrost something.

Today is a day I have been waiting for during a long 14 months and 7 days. DD and I are going out to brunch and then we are getting mani pedis!!! I am so looking forward to eating at a restaurant. Fortunately they have pancakes because I am still on a modified diet. We have reservations for an outdoor table which will make us feel a little more comfortable sitting among strangers without masks.

DD has a pool party to go to tonight. This is her first party after seeing one or two friends at a time last weekend.

I have no idea what DH and I will do for dinner. It will be strange being just the two of us

I’m planning on going for a run this morning. Then we have stuff to drop off for another clothing drive for Travel Club. My daughter works 10-2 and my son will be mowing lawns this morning. So I might jump into the hot tub for as little while they are busy. Maybe read a little while sitting on the deck too. No real big plans. My parents come home from Disney and my sisters family is coming home from the shore. So we might try to catch up with them at some point too. Grilled chicken & veggies is the plan from dinner.
Your parents trip was kind of last minute, wasn’t it? I would love to hear their thoughts on everything.

It is so lovely to start the day reading about all your social plans... getting out and meeting people, eating etc!
I’ve slept late today, my body really needed it. My mind too. I ended up ordering a patio table online, so I’ll work on the front porch more today. Tomorrow is my social day, going up to PT and visiting with my niece. I’ve really been wanting to eat different food so I’m going to have a fancy lunch while I’m there.
I had an ah ha yesterday... in the search for different food I went to a different grocery store and realized the two I usually shop at are really expensive in comparison. So I’m going to switch... if I’m going to toss most of it I might as well not pay a lot for it.

Your parents trip was kind of last minute, wasn’t it? I would love to hear their thoughts on everything.
Yes. They decided to go only about a month in advance. They were fortunate to get park passes to Epcot and AK right away. And then a week or so after they booked, they got a park pass for HS! They also had trouble finding any dining reservations. But eventually got Teppan Edo, Mama Melrose and Rainforest Cafe. They liked that there were no lines in restaurants. Mobile ordering for QS didn’t allow you in unless your food was ready. And TS had a place to scan in upon arrival. They were bummed that they didn’t snag a boarding pass for Rise of the Resistance. The lines were a little long. We’re all usually very good with getting fastpasses, so they missed those! They stayed off site and drove to the parks each day. One day they were told to turn around because they got there too early. So it seemed like an hour before the posted park hour is when they allowed them to line up. Then once they opened the parking lot, they were able to park and walk right into the park. HS had rides running before park hours. AK you could get into lines for rides, but rides (at least the safar) didn’t start operating until 8am.

Yesterday I sat on the deck and read my book an occasionally hopped in the hot tub (but didn’t turn it up much). It was beautiful and soooo relaxing!

Today I will start with my workout. Then write out my meal plan for the week. I will prep my breakfasts and lunches. I will probably continue with virtual church until school is over. But I might try to start going into church (if it’s open) during the summer. Since we didn’t make it over to see my family about their vacations yesterday, we might do that today. No big plans for the day.

Self-care:
Walked on the treadmill while watching a couple episode of the Pixar animators series, and now I’m sitting outside with one of the cats before it gets too hot.

Social plans:
We are all going out for breakfast in a bit, and then DS had to work at 11:30.

Chores:
I have to clean the downstairs bathroom, place a couple of online orders, tidy up some paper clutter/filing, and maybe throw in a load of laundry.

I’m thinking of returning to church services this summer as well. Attendance is usually down anyway so it won’t be crowded. And our church runs a program every summer where families can send in their kids to fill a backpack with breakfast and lunch items-I’ve donated food, but would like to help out more if needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter