Maya Grill 8/15/06

shondad

Lovin' that place called DISNEYWORLD!!!
This place was fair to good. The service left much to be desired, while the server was pleasant and was ok with drink refills, he simply would not remove any dishes. The timing was never right, there was way too much time between courses. The appetizers were long gone and his sleeve basically swept the plate as he refilled DH's drink (he drinks a lot) and he never once made an attempt to take them away. The person that delivered our food had to remove everything before setting the plates down. (Even if they were short of help that night, it was not our fault, and he could have at least tried, apologized or something. My DH overheard him say that some one was not doing his job and helping, I can sympathize, but you cannot expect understanding when you don't inform people.)

As for the food, the rolls and dipping oil were excellent, while I am usually not a bread eater, I ate two, they were hot and fresh and the oil with it was ooh so good. DD and DS both had the nachos (served covered with cheese on top, and the salsa on the side), kid's fried shrimp, and vanilla ice cream. They enjoyed their food, but could not eat it all. DH had the seafood skillet, lamb, ice cream for dessert. He loved his food, he raved about the skillet and the lamb was delicious, I got a taste, and wished I had ordered that. I had the crabmeat chalupa, which was very good, (DD and DH both liked it too) but, maybe I was confused, as I expected something similar to an eggroll, but it looked and tasted like a crab cake (in the shape of a ball) placed on top of either mushrooms or wilted spinach (or something), on top of a very small pastry shell (like phyllo). I also had the mixed grill, which was ok. The fish was mahi mahi reminded me a little of salmon, sorta, a bit dry for me. The filet, I ordered med well was a bit on the firm side, got better toward the middle, not as hard, turned out to be tasty, the ribs were good, however not smoked, probably like most of the other ribs served at Disney. For dessert I had the vanilla creme brulee to go, it pretty good.

Aside from taking an eternity for this meal, from 845pm - 1115pm I'd like to go back. We initially had a 630pm ADR, but did not want to cut our Epcot day short so I called and was able to change the time, I'm sure glad I did.

Thank you for the review. Service is a big and consistant complaint at that place. You'd think they could agree on who's job it was to clear plates.

Cannot_Wait_4Disney said:
Thank you for the review. Service is a big and consistant complaint at that place. You'd think they could agree on who's job it was to clear plates.
I was not aware of this, I may have re-thought that ADR and kept my Spoodles reservation instead. Oh well, there is always next time.

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

shondad said:
I was not aware of this, I may have re-thought that ADR and kept my Spoodles reservation instead. Oh well, there is always next time.

Oh my goodness. Spoodles is one of the best places on the property. Ouch!!!

I am going to Maya on my trip. We'll see if things have changed.

Cannot_Wait_4Disney said:
Oh my goodness. Spoodles is one of the best places on the property. Ouch!!!

I am going to Maya on my trip. We'll see if things have changed.
I certainly hope you have a great experience, better than ours.

Last year we decided to try the breakfast at the Maya. We had the same [problem. When we entered there were dishes everywhere piled up on tables that people had finished. To tell you the truth it kind of turned me off the minute I saw this.The food at the breakfast buffet was just ok. The selection was nice but it is difficult to keep foods hot at a buffet.Our waiter was quite slow on the beverages but couldn't get there fast enough when it was time to pay the bill and receive his tip. We did not try it again to be honest I know I would not do the breakfast again and I think I will just stick with the Pepper Market this time around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter