MAYBE A MAY TRIP?? 3 WEEKS SAPPHIRE FALLS 2021

One of my relatives had a lovely Springer Spaniel once , another has a 'mutt' who is part springer spaniel and part Australian shepherd, lovely dogs.:dogdance:

So happy your 'local' trip is still on. Loved all of the pictures of Scotland....to be near that water right now would be dreamy. I live near one of the most well known rivers in America, especially if you're a fan of cowboy movies. :rotfl2: About 100 yards away. Luckily (knock on wood) it never has flooded, probably because it's used for irrigation and siphoned off into the irrigation ditches where La Llorona resides,we have one of those on each side of our farm, but with temperatures nearing or over 100 degrees it's just not the same as a lovely Lake or the ocean.

Yellow Dog Eats, very kitchy and the sandwiches look yum as do the desserts (that chocolate cake looks right up Kyle's alley). I think I could make a meal out of the sides alone! I did notice one thing about the pictures, the 'Trash' sign points right at a young lady with long blonde hair......I'm sure it wasn't intentional but😭

Oh they sound gorgeous!!!

I do love dogs, most kinds, and that one sounds beautiful. This one is going to be a real little character....I think she`d like to rule the roost if my friend wasn`t so good at training them.

Yes, I`m so excited to visit home next week.......

Have to admit, not a cowboy movie fan, my dad watched them endlessly when I was a kid....only one tv back in the early 1970`s........but do love the sound of La Llorona.....lol.....that does sound hot....beyond hot where you live. I`d like it there I think......

Yes, Kyle would love that cake......the sides were really good, everything there is amazing.

Oh gosh I never spotted that ....absolutely not intentional......lol.....poor girl!!! I have one or two unfortunate pictures taken over the years!! I usually spot them and don`t use them.....:laughing:

Love the new title, I sure HoHoHope it does to!
All is fine in our neck of the woods, we have had lovely warm weather and it has been so nice! We have been spending as much time outdoors and taking my little Buddy (my dog) for a walk everyday.
I sure hope our January trip happens. Andi and I would have been in Florida right now, oh well 😔
Future trips for all of us!!

Love the new title, I sure HoHoHope it does to!
All is fine in our neck of the woods, we have had lovely warm weather and it has been so nice! We have been spending as much time outdoors and taking my little Buddy (my dog) for a walk everyday.
I sure hope our January trip happens. Andi and I would have been in Florida right now, oh well 😔
Future trips for all of us!!

Oh it`s so good to see you Caroline.......and yes, hope it all goes ahead too!!!

Aww....you and Andi would have had such a blast I`m sure......but, yes, better times ahead for all of us....and all those trip we have to take to make up for this sucky year!!! Will keep everything crossed for your January trip, I know how keen you both are to get back to everyone`s happy place......

Glad things are good with you, and still having such lovely weather......being outdoors is definitely a lot of fun and I`m sure little puppy will be loving all the walking. We`ve enjoyed some lovely summer weather this year too which is unusual in itself......lol....so yes, been outside when we can.....

:wave2:

Popping in to say thank you for the lovely Scotland photos! Have a wonderful trip, and save travels!

You`re very welcome Cara......

Weather looks dreadful when we`re up there next week, but if I can, will get some pictures to share......and thanks for the good wishes on our little mini trip :wave2:

scotland-L.jpg

Well.......it`s not Florida, but it`s finally time for us to head up to Scotland tomorrow morning :cheer2:

Weather looks good for the drive up which will take us most of the day, but after that......well, I think I`ll need an umbrella.....☔

Yes, I do have a purple umbrella.....of course....😁

Plan is to leave around 8-8.30ish.....and drive till lunchtime then stop at our usual pub for lunch....best shrimp sandwiches around.....or prawn sandwich as we tend to call them over here. They do wonderful food, but as we have dinner reservations in the hotel restaurant, we don`t want a large lunch.......so it`s ideal for us. No bookings there, first come first served, but it`s a Monday and shouldn`t be too busy.

Then by the time we check into the hotel, it`ll almost be time for dinner. I`m hoping the sun is still shining by the time we get up as the view is beautiful......we overlook one of my favourite islands on the planet.......but when the weather creeps in, it can become invisible. The West coast is stunning and is famous for the saying, if you don`t like the weather hang around for 20 minutes and it`ll change......but this weather front moving in looks nasty......I think it`s coming from Canada...........Thanks for that Canada.....🇨🇦 😉

It`ll be an early night for us after such a long drive, then Tuesday morning it`s straight along to my mum`s.....finally!

And Tom`s birthday......:cake:

We have no real plans during the day, it`ll be chatting, catching up and a few relatives will pop in. Night time is Tom`s birthday dinner, which is much smaller than we would normally have due to restrictions.

You can have up to three separate households at one table, so as they are taking names and addresses for the Track and Trace system, we had to limit it. But, he loves this place and we`ll still have a lovely time. It`ll be my mum, sister and her husband and my favourite, favourite niece......she`s a much more beautiful me.....we are so alike in many ways.....my brother in law jokes she is more like me than anyone else.......in fact everyone says it.....::yes::

Rest of the visit will be seeing my brothers, nephew & wife and a couple of uncle`s I haven`t seen in a long time either. Friends we will fit in where we can. As this is only a six day visit and first and last days are travel times, we can`t see everyone.

If the weather is decent one of the days, we`ll have a drive out somewhere with mum. There are so many beautiful and stunning places to visit, and with our time limits we just won`t see all the places we should like to visit.

We now have dinner plans for every night and reservations in place.......I am soooooo not a planner.....and I hate having to book all these places in advance. But, of course it`s just how it is right now and we`ll make the best of it.

I am excited to travel tomorrow......although we have lived mostly in England for the last 25 years, Scotland is home......and always will be.

I always get a little emotional as we drive towards this sign at the Scotland/England border, and I know although it`s still a long drive ahead, we feel we`re home.

I hope everyone is doing fabulously.....won`t be updating this till I get back now, although it`s not a long trip.....we`re back home Saturday early evening.

Even after a week of eating out and being spoiled I`m sure, it`ll be takeout Saturday night for sure........

Take care for now...see you when I get back...:wave2:

scotland%201-S.jpg

best shrimp sandwiches around.....or prawn sandwich as we tend to call them over here.

I love British prawn sandwiches!! So yum. Enjoy!!

I think it`s coming from Canada...........Thanks for that Canada.....🇨🇦 😉

Can't be from Canada lol

You can have up to three separate households at one table, so as they are taking names and addresses for the Track and Trace system,

Wow that's hard core. Here they are taking names and phone numbers but don't seem to be actually checking how many different households are at a table. They probably should...I have only dined out a couple of times and try to sit farther away from people I don't live with too...but it's getting very tiresome, though I know we have to keep our guard up especially for the fall and back to school..ugh.

We now have dinner plans for every night and reservations in place.......I am soooooo not a planner.....and I hate having to book all these places in advance.

I "am" a planner, and this even drives me nuts the extent to which you have to plan everything these days. Hang in there!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter