Maybe I just need to accept that this is not the time to try to lose weight

Well, it's helping me. Less temptation to eat out. More time to exercise.

I didn't load up on "quarantine snacks." Probably was a wise move.

I feel your pain ! I am stress eating like a maniac !
On top of that, I feel carpal tunnel coming on due to Animal crossing!

I think I'm doing better than usual. I purposefully didn't buy a lot of snacks (which differs from what I do when there's a snowstorm). I'm bulking up on veggies and I have a lot more time to cook properly. Haven't eaten a meal out in 10 days now. No weight loss, but not gaining.

I mentioned this in another thread - This is the perfect time to adopt new habits! You don't have the distractions of the break room goodies. You can make all of your own meals. You are mostly limited to eating what's in the house (with a few take-out orders here and there). You can't just skip your own healthy lunch because someone brought in pizza. There isn't cake every week to celebrate a birthday.

I started my weight loss program 2 1/2 years ago. I still need to lose that last 10 pounds. It's coming off very slowly, but I have not regained a bit. Last week was my first week at home. I hit my lowest number yet (about 1/2 a pound less than I'd been). I'm sticking to three meals a day. I have a cup of coffee or tea to get through the afternoon slump. If I really need a snack, it's fruit. We go out for walks and I try to get in bursts of exercise during the day. Right now, I want to feel as healthy as possible. Keeping my weight in check has really reduced my anxiety about a lot of other things.

what is helping us that everything is hourly scheduled, the chips are in the bowl for 9:55, carrot sticks 10:55, lunch at 11:55, apple slices etc, ice cream at 3:00.....we sign off each hour as an intentional task as opposed to pre virus life style of having to run off to the card game, to the clothing store, grocery store, line too long at fast food, walking, yard task and just cramming calories unintentionally....I can control my habits as opposed to appointments with life.

I'm on an ice cream diet right now. I'm not kidding. I usually have a bowl of cereal for breakfast then do my housework and work out. Then I have whatever for lunch, usually leftovers from the night before. I might have an apple and some choc. PB2 mid afternoon. For supper I have a chocolate chip mint ice cream cone and maybe some peanut M&Ms later. I've lost two pounds so far.

While that is sort of kind of a joke, it's sort of kind of not. I go through phases where I eat dessert for supper and actually lose weight. Sometimes I make brownies and have brownies and ice cream for supper until they are gone. Then I go back to normal eating, cereal, sandwich for lunch, regular supper and some little something sweet later on. Works for me, I've maintained the same weight for about 5 years now. I work out in my basement at least 3 times a week, most weeks between 3 and 5 days. Nothing hard just walking DVDs, some light weight lifting, some pilates and some yoga.

I always work from home so I shouldn't really be eating more than I usually do but of course I seem to be. And drinking more too LOL.

In addition to my regular morning run, I've added in a 30 minute walk at lunch time. I'm doing a 30-day squat plank and lunge challenge. Also doing daily competitions with a girl friend for calories burned and steps.

I'm determined not to gain weight during this!

I can't have junky snacks in the house, or else I'll eat them all in like two days! The shelter in place order hasn't changed my shopping habits. I've been trying to keep as normal an schedule as possible, doing food prep for breakfasts and lunches for the work week. Currently dealing with an injury so I'm stuck with walking for exercise. Diet is half the battle so at least I know I am eating healthily 2/3 of the day.

Well I had to contend with the "Freshman 15" in 1981... now I fear it's the "Covid 19"! Ugh!!! I need to get it together. I really rely on my gym to keep me on track!

yes and it certainly wont be when this is all over, cause we must reward ourselfs with much food and drink

I’ve been doing intermittent fasting since mid January. I’ve lost about 20 pounds so far - 2 in the last week. I only eat between 11:30 and 7:30. Usually it’s 2 meals and a snack. I’m eating pretty healthy with lowish carbs, lean proteins, lots of veggies. It’s kind of Mediterranean I guess. It’s working for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter