Maybe I'm dreaming but I want to ask

kev kendall

Mickey for President!
For me the Contemporary is a wonderful resort - it's the monorail that does it for me!!

I'm prob not going to be able to afford it, but can someone give me a good guess for cost of points for Kingdom Towers!?!?

Thanks for your time.

hi i am new to dvc just bought in to ssr in the last two weeks just waiting for the pin number and proper cards to come through.
but the whole piont of the dvc scheme is that its piont based and all pionts have an equal value and cost dependend on year of of purchase the real question is how many pionts will a room cost per night cheapest night at vero beech is 8 the cheapest night at beach club villas is 12 so with all the interest in contemory who knows, but using dvc piont to stay at the contempory at the min cheapest room same time of year as both vb and bcv is 30 and if you want to stay in the tower and have a view of mk 44 tower club 60 so perhaps somewere towards 4 times the pionts per night of the next most expensive resort they did say in th sentinal article that disney saw it as a more upscale resort somy 160 pionts might get me 6 days if i was lucky every three years :mad: but think of all the spending money we could all save :lmao:
dave
:teacher: dvc keepingmy disney holiday alive

hi i am new to dvc just bought in to ssr in the last two weeks just waiting for the pin number and proper cards to come through.
but the whole piont of the dvc scheme is that its piont based and all pionts have an equal value and cost dependend on year of of purchase the real question is how many pionts will a room cost per night cheapest night at vero beech is 8 the cheapest night at beach club villas is 12 so with all the interest in contemory who knows, but using dvc piont to stay at the contempory at the min cheapest room same time of year as both vb and bcv is 30 and if you want to stay in the tower and have a view of mk 44 tower club 60 so perhaps somewere towards 4 times the pionts per night of the next most expensive resort they did say in th sentinal article that disney saw it as a more upscale resort somy 160 pionts might get me 6 days if i was lucky every three years :mad: but think of all the spending money we could all save :lmao:
dave

Hi, Dave.

That's an impressively long sentence! :goodvibes

Kev, assuming that the new property will be available in, say, three years, I would guess a cost of around $120 per point.

So far as points per stay are concerned, the article suggests that they will cost rather more than the present "most expensive" resort, so take AKV points per night and add, I guess, two or three extra points, with a couple more, no doubt, for a MK view!

Anyway, no harm in dreaming, is there? :thumbsup2

i was off the day they did punch u ation if only they did full stop and comma check as well as spell checkers.:surfweb:
dave

Thanks for the replies.

So, I guess the next question is for the best guess for how many points for a basic studio for two years every two years????? (I think I've won the award for how many "fors" you can get in one sentence.

Kev

Thanks for the replies.

So, I guess the next question is for the best guess for how many points for a basic studio for two years every two years????? (I think I've won the award for how many "fors" you can get in one sentence.

Kev

Hi, Kev.

OK, for two years, every two years? Sounds like you want to stay there permanently!

Assuming one of those is a typo ;) , I would suggest taking the points for Villas at Wilderness Lodge and adding 10%.

So if you wanted two weeks in May for example (a lovely time of year to travel), VWL would cost you 246 points. My guess for Contemporary for the same length of stay would be around 270 points, with perhaps, another 20 or so if you want a MK view.

So start saving your money, but don't forget Hawaii is coming up:hippie:

Still a great deal, and DVC rocks!

Thanks for the replies.

Kev

HA HA :lmao:

Maybe it was a sub con desire to stay perm at the world!!! Ha ha !!!!

dave

Sorry to 'muscle in' on this post but I'm making up my mind whether or not to do SSR or AKV or a re-sale. Did you sign in Florida? or did they give you some time to contemplate when you got home.?They've given me 3 days to make up my mind (i'm just back)!!Monday is D-Day
How long has it taken since you said yes ie including papers to get to and from you,signd contracts etc as I'm hoping to complete in time to reserve DLParis in July (already booked but want to cancel my reservation and re-arrange through my DVC points!)

Lam

... My guess for Contemporary for the same length of stay would be around 270 points ...

So, just to add my 2cents - to stay every two years, that would mean you'd need an annual allocation of 135 points. The current minimum for new contracts from DVC (i.e. not resale) is, I think 160 points.

Taking revtel's guestimate of $120 per point by the time KT opens, that would give an initial outlay of
$120 x 160 points = $19,200
if you buy direct from DVC (your only option if you want KT as your Home Resort before resales for KT come on the market).
:)

to me i might be in a minority. but KT dont appeal to me.when it opens would take people away from my fav DVC resorts,makeing it easyer to get in them
Paulh

I agree with you paul, I dont actually like the contemporary resort, period, it would have been better at poly! To me SSR :cool1: rocks

I didn't think I was keen on the Contemporary, either, until I stayed there. It has a certain something which is hard to define. We were able to wake up to an amazing view over Bay Lake (and I'm talking from our bed, not simply from the room). It isn't popular for no good reason and I reckon KT will be difficult to book unless you buy there, at least for the first few years.

I didn't think I was keen on the Contemporary, either, until I stayed there. It has a certain something which is hard to define.....

I think a lot of people write the Contemporary off purely by the look of the building alone. It's our favourite resort and as Deb said has that special something that really is hard to define. Apart from being able to walk to MK for us the magic of the place has a lot to do with the fantastic view out over the Magic Kingdom which is entertainment in itself. You can sit out on the balcony at any time of the day or night and there will always be something to see.

We're hoping to get enough points to book an MK view 1 bed at 11 months.

I think a lot of people write the Contemporary off purely by the look of the building alone. It's our favourite resort and as Deb said has that special something that really is hard to define. Apart from being able to walk to MK for us the magic of the place has a lot to do with the fantastic view out over the Magic Kingdom which is entertainment in itself. You can sit out on the balcony at any time of the day or night and there will always be something to see.

We're hoping to get enough points to book an MK view 1 bed at 11 months.

I agree with you about the Contemporary Jakki and it's our favourite resort too. :banana: :banana: :banana:

I've never been keen on the Comtemporary Resort either but to be fair, I've only been in it to visit Chef Mickey's or passed through on the monorail.

I just don't think it looks attractive either outside or in the area's that I've seen inside but so many folk seem to love it so it must have something special.

I reckon I might just need to stay there to find out for myself. Can't see me wanting to add on points at KT though but never say never.....

Sorry to 'muscle in' on this post but I'm making up my mind whether or not to do SSR or AKV or a re-sale. Did you sign in Florida? or did they give you some time to contemplate when you got home.?They've given me 3 days to make up my mind (i'm just back)!!Monday is D-Day
How long has it taken since you said yes ie including papers to get to and from you,signd contracts etc as I'm hoping to complete in time to reserve DLParis in July (already booked but want to cancel my reservation and re-arrange through my DVC points!)

Lam

We played "the game" whilst on our tour and told them we had only just arrived in florida and had over a week to go before we went home, when in reality we were flying home a couple of days after our site visit but they didnt know that so we had nearly 2 weeks to make our decision and sort our finances out once we got home ;) :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter