MCO arrival question!

EllenMurphy

Mouseketeer
Hi,

Turns out we can't switch our flight (I had posted the other day). We will land at 8 30 p.m. We are trying to get out of the airport as quickly since it will be evening and my kids tired. Is it possible for one person to wait at baggage and one person to go to car rental (we are with Avis). Not sure we can manage all checked bags but trying to be time effective. Any other tips of getting out of the airport (beyond all checked bags) would be appreciated!

Bonnie

Honestly that might take more time. It’s best to grab your luggage, then go to Avis and then you go.

One challenge is that they usually want to see all drivers and have them sign something.

A second challenge is that it may take some time to loop around the airport and come back to arrivals.

After a horrible experience, I don't check bags into MCO. I'd try to stick to carry on.

One challenge is that they usually want to see all drivers and have them sign something.

A second challenge is that it may take some time to loop around the airport and come back to arrivals.
I was more thinking that if he went and waited in line and then we waited at baggage. He is the driver so I would not be driving.

I am used to the Ottawa airport where from what I recall the rentals were in the building directly across a small laneway from baggage. Its hard to tell how far the walk is. At least in Ottawa we would have my husband line up for the car and get the kids and he could cross the lane-way and wait. that way we were both waiting and then done. Kind of like, one person waits in line for the car and the other waits at baggage and it took about the same amount of time and then we would just walk back to the car.

I'd look at the MCO map and see if you are going to be on the A or B side and if Avis has more then one counter/area. MCO has 3 levels and 2 sides... come in on the top level, baggage claim on the middle level, and ground transportation/car rentals on the lower level. It might be easiest to stick together, grab the bags in the middle level, and head down to ground floor for the car. I tried to send my husband ahead to grab the car (we do National and can just walk out to a car and go)... turns out there are 2 different areas and we went to different ones. Long story short, we didn't save much time! Cell reception is also rough once in the garage so that added to the fun :)

I'd look at the MCO map and see if you are going to be on the A or B side and if Avis has more then one counter/area. MCO has 3 levels and 2 sides... come in on the top level, baggage claim on the middle level, and ground transportation/car rentals on the lower level. It might be easiest to stick together, grab the bags in the middle level, and head down to ground floor for the car. I tried to send my husband ahead to grab the car (we do National and can just walk out to a car and go)... turns out there are 2 different areas and we went to different ones. Long story short, we didn't save much time! Cell reception is also rough once in the garage so that added to the fun :)
Good to know!

Get an Avis Wizard Card. Free and easy. Then enter your Wizard # into your reservation. Walk across the street and up the escalator to Avis. Look for your name on the board. Bypass the counter, walk to your designated car spot, drive to the exit, show your license and go.

Get an Avis Wizard Card. Free and easy. Then enter your Wizard # into your reservation. Walk across the street and up the escalator to Avis. Look for your name on the board. Bypass the counter, walk to your designated car spot, drive to the exit, show your license and go.
Oh! Thank you for this!

On our MCO flights, 1-2 people (usually me) go to the rental check-in, and the rest stay for the bags. Most of the time I'm through the rental process and just drive the car over to load everyone up at the "Arrival" area just outside the baggage claim.

Just don't try that on, say, a Friday or Saturday night at 8:30pm unless you're doing a "skip the counter" pickup. Those lines can get brutal. Even Avis (though Budget is the worst). I've been in hour+ lines before for Budget on a Saturday night.

Hi,

Turns out we can't switch our flight (I had posted the other day). We will land at 8 30 p.m. We are trying to get out of the airport as quickly since it will be evening and my kids tired. Is it possible for one person to wait at baggage and one person to go to car rental (we are with Avis). Not sure we can manage all checked bags but trying to be time effective. Any other tips of getting out of the airport (beyond all checked bags) would be appreciated!

Bonnie
We do that all the time. I go to deal with the car while DD waits for the bags. I take the carry ons with me and after I get the car paperwork I go back up to baggage. Usually, I'm back before the bags even start coming out. I would say typical wait time at baggage is 20-30 minutes.

I don't think there are really any tips for getting out quickly. It's a large spread out airport so nothing is close or fast.

Good call !We have Budget, dollar and most of the major car rentals “Fastpass” enrolments. So simple and convenient as no one is separated. Just get your bags, go to car rentals and pick up your keys. Stress free

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter