MCO to CDL bus schedule?

Do you mean to go to the port? They start around 9:30 and they run continuously until about 2:30 or 3:00. :)

Originally posted by WebmasterMichelle
Do you mean to go to the port? They start around 9:30 and they run continuously until about 2:30 or 3:00. :)

Yes -- "to the port" was in my head, but didn't come out in my typing!

Thanks, Michelle!

From my understanding DCL has buses at the airport but you have to wait until they fill before the bus leaves. We opted for a limo. I did not want to chance sitting on a bus for a while waiting for it to fill up. I may be wrong on this though. Hopefully someone who took the bus will reply. I used FL tours for a limo and they were great. Have Fun.

Thanks. We have coupons for the bus, so have to stick with that. I guess waiting for the bus to fill up (before leaving) won't be too bad if we're on one of the earlier buses.

Is there anything to "entertain" us in the Port Canaveral terminal area (considering we'll have our luggage!) if we get there terribly early?

You won't be carrying your luggage with you in the terminal. When you get off the DCL buses, the porters take your luggage and check it in. You won't see it again until it gets delivered to your cabin. You keep your carryons with you.

The characters come out in the terminal and there is a beautiful model of the ship that you can explore. There is also TV's set up for the kids to watch cartoons and they have a coffee shop with limited items for sale.

If you get one of the early buses, you will get to the terminal around 10:30/11:00 depending on if they have to wait to fill a bus. You can then check in and get near the front of the boarding line. This will be helpful if you are making Palo or spa ressie as those tend to fill up quickly.

We like getting to the terminal and just soaking up the atmoshphere waiting to board the ship. In know it is more difficult if you have small children in tow.

MJ

The bus will be a fun experience. I hear that they play a DCL cruise line video that ends just as you are pulling into the terminal. Have a magical time.

joanlee....wow, you guys are up there in the state. We are right on the border of NJ. MyDD goes to college in Oneonta, not far from Binghamton.

MJ

Originally posted by mmouse37

MyDD goes to college in Oneonta, not far from Binghamton.
<b><i>Binghamton?!?</i></b> Oh, puh-leeze. The correct reference point is <b><i>Cooperstown!!!</i></b>. Oneonta is not far from <i>Cooperstown</i>! LOL!

Why Dave...do you not like Binghamton????LOL Or are you just a baseball fan??? Yes, you are correct that Cooperstown is closer to Oneonta than Binghamton....but that's the first town that came to mind when writing!!! Probably because I am not crazy about baseball and I have family that lives near Binghamton!!

MJ

Yes, I am a baseball fan. But I'm more attached to Cooperstown because my sister lived there for five years while BIL was doing his residency at Mary Bassett Hospital. Binghampton and Oneonta were just two towns we had to drive through to get to C'town, although we were always happy to see Oneonta since that meant we were almost to C'town!

When our son was 12 his LL team was asked to participate in the first year of Coopertown's Dream Park's LL tournament. It was a new faciity just outside of Cooperstown where LL teams would hold playoffs. We spent a week up there...it was pretty cool since his name is on a plaque somewhere there!!!

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter