MDE without flights?

1GoldenSun

DIS Veteran
I live in Tampa so we always drive to Disney. Usually we do day trips but we also stay onsite five or six trips a year. I refuse to pay to park at a Disney resort.

I can find pretty cheap satellite parking at MCO. Would I be able to use MDE if I don't actually have any flights booked?

Probably the most popular question asked on this board! You're definitely not alone.

Yes, just call DME and tell them what you want to do. They don't care if you arrive at the airport by plane, foot or emu.

Oh I'm so sorry; I actually looked for the answer to the question before I asked it but couldn't find it anywhere. I guess I'm not very good at looking! Thanks so much, @FCDub!

Oh I'm so sorry; I actually looked for the answer to the question before I asked it but couldn't find it anywhere. I guess I'm not very good at looking! Thanks so much, @FCDub!

Oh, no sweat! Just wanted to let you know you're definitely not alone in doing this – in fact, I think more and more people will be utilizing your strategy with this new parking fee situation.

Just find a flight that arrives around the time you plan to park and tell them you’re on that plane.

Oh, no sweat! Just wanted to let you know you're definitely not alone in doing this – in fact, I think more and more people will be utilizing your strategy with this new parking fee situation.

Until satellite lots figure it out and raise their prices.

I think it’s in the dme sticky thread at the top of the transportation page, fwiw

No need to even do that. You don't need a flight to ride DME.

Some CMs still think a flight is needed. Best to have one in case you get one of those CMs.

I've done MDE twice without a flight--just dropped off the rental car and headed over to MDE. I did call to book it though, and the CM just asked when I'd be arriving, didn't have to make up a flight or anything.

Some CMs still think a flight is needed. Best to have one in case you get one of those CMs.

Depends on who you've called. If you call DME directly (866 599-0951), they don't need a flight to set up the reservation. If you call Disney reservations, they don't have access to the actual DME system - all they are actually doing is filling out the same online form you can. And yes, that form asks for flight info.

But calling DME directly to make the reservation takes all of 5 minutes.

Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter