• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Meal options for 1 & 2 yr olds

1. We often found that QS meals are large enough to share.
2. Watch how you use your snack credits! Instead of using a snack credit for something small - like a banana - use your snack credit for something larger, and pay out of pocket for the small(er) items like bananas. I'm not up to date on all the snack options, but in the past you could get a cup of soup/chili in some places or box of popcorn that was plenty big enough to share.

So between 3 people, we'd order maybe 2 meals and 1 snack and share.

3.Compromise is good if you can manage.

4. As other have said, bringing a small quantity of snacks in your luggage can be handy, even with DDP. We don't bring much, but we always try to have SOMETHING in our room to eat. Sometimes at WDW, you get hungry late at night, or just don't feel like going all the way down to the food court. I don't want to eat in the room all the time, but a few non-perishable snack items you like can be very handy. Just beware, chocolate and similar foods tend to MELT in FL.

5. If you have a car, you can easily make a quick stop on your way from the airport. I go back and forth on the value of a grocery stop. They CAN be time consuming if you let them, but they are also a good chance to pick up some produce- WDW isn't always great about having produce. A stop we' especially like is the Whole Foods near Sand Lake Drive. (Take north exit out of MCO, just off I-4.) They have a wide assortment of healthy prepared foods including an extensive hot bar. It pairs especially well with Universal. We avoid Walmart, as Walmart tends to sell BIG boxes of everything. You don't need the BIG box.

6. In winter, there's a fun place on 192 called Orange World that sells citrus in large bags. If you are arriving from Tampa, it isn't too far out of the way.

7. Still another potential option- esp if you have a car- is to eat ONE meal off WDW property.

8. Even if you don't have a car, you can potentially do alright by eating one meal at the airport. If you want inexpensive- less than eating at WDW- there's a food court with a bunch of QS options. If you want a quality meal- go up in the glass elevator to McCoy's in the Hyatt. There kids get a wide assortment of high quality options. They can even order half portions of adult entrees. If you are using Magic Express, then consider doing this airport meal for your first meal (instead of the END of your trip when you'll be rushed). Go to eateries that are OUTSIDE the secure area of the airport.

9. We often found WDW buffets to work well with small kids. Adult entrees at WDW TS tend to be the kinds of foods that kids don't like. Let's see, "white clam cream," "duck confit," "pecan gastrique," "roasted salsify," spiced fruit preserves," "forest mushrooms," "truffle ponzu ragout," "miso glazed salmon, "key lime-datil pepper sauce."
But all the buffets have a "kid food" section that is great for anyone who likes less exotic foods. You know, sometimes you just want foods that aren't covered in something you've never heard of before.

According to the Disney web site you still are supposed to order kids meals using kids credits when kids meals are offered

Most of the resorts have a large pizza deal for 2 CS credits. Order in the food court, otherwise they charge you 2TS credits for room delivery.

With 2 snack credits per person 3 and up you have 6 per day. I always found even on the old plan with 1 per day, we had lots left over.

I always bring a box of cereal and some applesauce pouches. We have breakfast in our room before heading out. I just find it easier. The applesauce pouches are for me since I can't eat most fruit or veggies raw (has to be cooked).

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter