Medical Adhesive Removal Pads

barkley

DIS Veteran<br><font color=orange>If I ever have a
anyone use these? anyone have any suggestions as to a particular brand?

ds uses a patch for delivery of his adhd meds and we are having a heck of a time getting all the residue from the patches off his 'tush' and hips. i've seen several products on the market but would like suggestions from anyone whose tried these.

I use a patch medication as well and the goo has gotten stickier!!! And I have found that if I don't get it all off, my body has a topical reaction to it.

I use baby wipes which I have found do the trick fairly well most of the time. On nights that I shower, I remove the pad before my shower. That really works 100% of the time.

I would love to hear a better method though.

You could try baby oil or even olive oil if you don't have baby oil in the house. Just put some on a soft cloth(like a cloth diaper) and rub in small circles till the sticky stuf is gone.

The active ingredients in many of the adhesive removal solutions are proprietary, but reading between the lines on the patents discloses ingredients comprised of dipropylene glycol monomethyl ethers, aliphatic hydrocarbon paraffins, and a little isopropyl alcohol.

Aka, Spray and Wash, baby oil, and rubbing alcohol. I'd be careful with the percentage of Spray and Wash used as this is the same solvent used in some automotive engine degreasers and skin reactions are common.

I have found non acetone nail polish remover to be useful for this too. It is already safe for skin exposure.

My 5 yr old son is a type 1 diabetic on a pump so he wears an infusion set that is a needle stuck in to him held by an adhesive patch. We use Unisolve (wipes - but it is also sold as a spray I think) to get it off. I wet down the patch with unisolve and give it a minute to work and it usually just peels right up. Since there is actually needle under it I want to get it up all at once or the needle will stick him again.

Unisolve will also take the residue off. After using the Unisolve I wash the area off a bit with a wash cloth. We get unisolve from our pump company for $10 a box but it looks like this: http://www.brucemedical.com/skinbonceman.html

Nailpolish-remover and alcohol drenged wipes (sold in pharmacy and grocery stores) do the trick for me. If we happen to run out, we'll even turn to any alcohol available, whiskey being our favorite ;)

(my skin is very thin and prown to wounds which take forever to heal with my inability to heal and these are the only things that not only gets all the residue off, but will also leave the skin without damage. Should just watch it a bit that you don't sniff the alcohol or remover to much. :lmao: )

My 5 yr old son is a type 1 diabetic on a pump so he wears an infusion set that is a needle stuck in to him held by an adhesive patch. We use Unisolve (wipes - but it is also sold as a spray I think) to get it off. I wet down the patch with unisolve and give it a minute to work and it usually just peels right up. Since there is actually needle under it I want to get it up all at once or the needle will stick him again.

Unisolve will also take the residue off. After using the Unisolve I wash the area off a bit with a wash cloth. We get unisolve from our pump company for $10 a box but it looks like this: http://www.brucemedical.com/skinbonceman.html

THANK YOU!!!!!! this stuff is incredible.

we got our shipment of the wipes today-and with one simple, gentle wipe all the adhesive we've struggled to remove over the last month all disolved. this is going to make his use of the patch much easier-now that he's seen that he can melt the 'sticky' away with no pain there will be no arguing putting it on:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter