Meet the Robinsons - The Disconnect of Cause and Effect

lrv3400

Earning My Ears
I recently watched Meet the Robinsons again. I truly love the beautiful art direction in this film, and the humor is laugh out loud funny. I did however see a whole new topic in the film this time around. If you are interested, I composed an engaging article on the intriguing philosophical disconnect at the heart of the movie's premise.

I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it!

Meet the Robinsons - The Disconnect of Cause and Effect

Wilbur, a child of the late 21st century, raised in an eclectic, creative, and tolerant family, leaves the garage unlocked resulting in one of his father's time machines being stolen by a nefarious character. Wilbur, fearing parental repercussions, sets off on a time traveling journey to set history straight before Dad gets home.

This is an adorable premise for a fun family film. It is unfortunate however, that this premise is loaded with a brain melting paradox from its inception. A paradox that if resolved in the script, would result in no movie plot at all. The problem is not that the family has two time machines. (I mean really, how many do you need?) No, the sad truth, is that this child can not exist. This child is out of place in time and this purposeful displacement shadows a great mental plague in our modern thinking.

Continue Reading...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter