• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Memorial?

macfamily

Mouseketeer
Hello,

My family will be going to WDW March 7-11; we're hoping to be able to do something special for my niece, who was killed in a car accident on March 9th 2004 at the age of 18 months. I thought that what better place to find a memorial than a place devoted to kids?

So, I was wondering if anyone could give me any ideas along this line? Thanks so much in advance!

EDIT: Sorry if this is in the wrong section; please move if it is :)

experiment626mom said:
You could do a leave a legacy tile with her name on it at Epcot.

That's exactly what I was going to suggest. Let me see if I can find additional info for you.

edit:
Leave A Legacy
Leave a Legacy Info

The only thing about Leave a Legacy is that they take your picture there. I don't know if you could give them an existing picture. Guest Services could probably help you though if you explain your situation.

That is a really great idea. My 36 year old sister died from cancer in November of 2004. I would love to do something like that for her. Our whole family actually took a trip to WDW in mid-October 2004 and then she was in the hospital the following week. All she could talk about was WDW!!! If i bring a picture of her can they use that?

Oh my goodness what an amazing idea! I will definitely do that. Hopefully they'll be able to use a picture; I certainly have plenty of them!

Thanks so much for the help on this; I think it will mean a lot to the whole family if we can do this. :)

Maybe you could phone ahead of time and get more information about the possibility of using a photo of her for this. That way if it can't be done, you won't all be disappointed. Also, they may be able to recommend the type of photo that would work best.

Ali

You could have a specific amount of money (amount is up to you) changed into coins at your local bank before you leave. Throw the coins into Cinderella's Wishing Well by the Castle. It wouldn't be anything permanent or public, but the coins are collected and donated to children's charities. What better way to remember your niece than to help other children. :grouphug:

Hope you have a wonderful trip.

Hi all,

This is the response I got to the email I sent regarding Leave a Legacy:

Hi Rachel,
Thanks for expressing an interest in participating in our Leave A Legacy program.Leave A Legacy has two types of tiles. We have faces (1 or 2 people per image) and we have the graphic/text tile. The cost of the tile is $25.00 for the first tile and $20.00 each additional tile. The photograph of the "face" tile must be taken at EPCOT (unfortunately a picture from a picture would not be possible); however, the graphic/text tile can be purchased by phone,mail or e-mail. In doing a graphic/text tile there are certain stipulations have to be followed. We are not allowed to use the words "In loving memory of, profanities, political or religious references,group organization and bridge dates.
You can contact me either by phoning 407-560-7235 or e-mailing us and I will be able to help you with a message that meets our guide line.
Thanks and have a Magical Day!

Sharon Kelly
Leave A Legacy,
EPCOT

Disappointed that I can't use a picture, but we'll come up with something. I hope this helps anyone with questions :)

I see a photo shop job in the future.....=D

get a pic of her being happy and just photo shop it onto a pic of epcot...

DVK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter