Metal Mickey Head for Car??

Macnjac87

got disney?
Hello all-
I saw a silver metal mickey head on the back of a car the other day- it looked to be about 3 X 3 inches. It was soooo cute- has anyone seen one or know where I can get one?

I have one! It's a trailer hitch cover, purchased from disneyshopping.com.

Very cute, but FYI - it does not come with the thingy (technical term, you know!) to hook it on. I purchased that part at Wal*Mart.

That's not it (although when I searched disneystore.com, that's what I found and ordered!) :) I am talking about the type that would look like the Pentacostal Fish that you sometimes see on the rear of a car?

Are you talking about something that is flat? And it would stick right onto your car?

Silver and just the outline of Mickey's head?

If so, we have one. Got it for Christmas. Have not put it on yet as it is too cold and DH is afraid it will not stick.

We got it at World of Disney over by the car window decals. It is the area where all the CDs, pens and pencils, key chains and the like are.

It is called an Auto Emblem and was $5.00.

At laughingplace.com. $9.75 but want it now and can't wait until August and we are at WDW:yay:
thanks all!

The ears are not magnetic. A friend and I took magnet tape and glued it to the back. If you don't do that, when it's on, it's on, no taking it off (there's a disclaimer on the package too).

Cyn

That's not it (although when I searched disneystore.com, that's what I found and ordered!) :) I am talking about the type that would look like the Pentacostal Fish that you sometimes see on the rear of a car?

Hey-I just put one on my car yesterday!! I bought it at Epcot in the beig store by the water fountain. Can't remember the name! I love it! My kids noticed it right away and they love it!! And it was only 5 dollars.:cheer2:

Yes - its the one for 5.00. I almost got it in October, and then changed my mind. But I regret it and I am for sure picking one up when we go next week!

$5 @ Sir Mickey's in Fantasyland -- bought one for each of our two cars. I haven't put them on yet, but they will probably be mounted on the bug deflectors on the hood instead of directly on the car body. I think I'll wait until the ice and snow have left us and it's easier to find a clean spot to mount them.

If I only could figure out how to post a picture of my mousemobile.

When my son painted my car he painted three silver geometrical circle shapes on the hood. It just happens to look like Mickey. I love it. I also have silver flames on the sides. I think of it as Mickey in Fantasmic, fighting the villions who are using flames. It looks so cool.

They claim that my van has a hidden mickey painted on it from when my son painted it but I have not found it yet. I tried to get him to paint a Mickey on the hood of the van also but it has not happened yet.

I will post a picture of my hood as soon as the ice melts of my car and I figure out hoe to post pics here.

Tigger

Tigger

This one started out as chrome but started to rust fairly quickly. I then decided to give it a paint job and attach a DVC refrigerator magnet (used RTV sealant/adhesive to afix) and we have since "lived happily ever after".

IMG_00323.jpg

CDmickey, what a good idea! May I ask what kind of paint you used.? I ask because my mickey is starting to rust too.

Thanks

Cyn

I used Duplicolor automobile spray paint. (I used a gun metal gray but your choice of color is strickly personal preference). Before I painted I removed all the rust with sandpaper. I used 220 grit wet/dry and made sure all the rust was gone. Then even before starting to paint, I also hit the whole hitch cover with the sandpaper to take the shine off the chrome and let the paint have a scuffed surface to adhere to. I painted the whole hitch cover to prevent rust from reoccurring in the nether regions and paid special attention to the face (giving it two or three light coats if I remember correctly) to give it a nice smooth finish.

They have them (or had them) at OKW gift shop.

Both my wife and I have one.

One of the guys at work saw her car and seriously asked if she had the "Disney Edition" SUV. :)

I bought the Disney version of the "stick figure family" you see on minivans. I thought it was funny because we are so NOT a minivan family with our two non-soccer playing kids and little gas-saving Scion. Dh was still mortified at being a Disney stick figure.

So, I put all the figures on the car but turned dh's smile upside-down so he can express his hesitancy to be stick-figured. We call him saddy daddy. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I'll have to take a picture.

They have them (or had them) at OKW gift shop.

Both my wife and I have one.

One of the guys at work saw her car and seriously asked if she had the "Disney Edition" SUV. :)

Oooohhhhh, a Disney Edition SUV! I would TOTALLY try to talk my husband into buying THAT!

This one started out as chrome but started to rust fairly quickly. I then decided to give it a paint job and attach a DVC refrigerator magnet (used RTV sealant/adhesive to afix) and we have since "lived happily ever after".

IMG_00323.jpg

This is really strange...I saw this in June on our road trip down I-95 and I think it was yours!
I just ordered mine this morning...they were only $4.95 on clearance at Disneyshopping.com. I am going to have my husband do the black paint treatment and not put a magnet on mine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter