Mexican restaurant in DTD

Disneyland1084

OH PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME!
If I'm not mistaking, there's a nice sit down Mexican restaurant in DTD. Have any of you ever eaten there? If so, was it good? :confused3

I have eaten there; both inside and out. Food is very good, service is good alsol. If you're in a hurry they have a take out window with tables and chairs. The nachos are fantastic!

We have eaten at Tortilla Jo's both times we went to DL. The food was great - and if you like guacamole - don't miss theirs - I thought it was sooo good! One of the times they also had a little band moving around playing requests. One thing I did find was the service seemed slow.

We ate there in May when we went. I agree the food was good and the guacamole was great. The portions are big, the one thing we noticed is that the menu was slightly different if you eat outside, more to select from on the menu if you eat indoors.

Yes they have kids menu. And I will also second the food is great. We have done takeout from there which is very reasonable as well as eaten outside. Its one of our favorite places to eat at in Disneyland. Beware, the Margaritas are strong!

Yes they do have a kids menu...my daughter who is 17 is not big on mexican food, so we requested a kids menu and she was able to pick something from that menu I believe she had the chicken quesadilla.

Love, love, love the Mexicones from the take out window. They are hard tortilla's rolled into a cone shape, filled with your choice of meat, cheese, lettuce, salsa, sour cream. Yummy!

I see the OP is from Nevada, so your Mexican retaraunts are the same as the one in DTD. I will tell you that the "Mexican" restaraunts in the Midwest have a very different taste. Truthfully, I think our Mexican restaraunts are more Americanized.

I too, was going to mention that the food is different- not so Americanized. Around here (WA) mexican food is always covered in sauce and cheese. Theirs is a little more simple. Good, just different.

Ate there Friday - July 14th - wasn't impressed, food tasteless, Marguerita's had a coconut taste to them (probably used the same blender as the Pina Coladas and didn't wash it between drinks)

Hmmm. I can't jump on the 'it's so great' band wagon either. I'm not even picky and wished we would have eaten in the park because it just wasn't that good, wasn't worth the $$$, just wasn't special at all really. Just a boring nothing special meal.

I was disappointed, personally, with our food in Dec 05. We ate inside.

I agree with a previous poster that Mexican food is much different in US "regions." I'm from Texas and we have TexMex :love: . The flavoring and spices at TJ seemed more southwestern to me--kind of NEW Mexico (the state) rather than OLD Mexico (the country). I thought it was kind of frou frou Mexican, but, like I said, I'm from Texas. :teeth: We like fish and we like tacos. . . but fish tacos? Hmmmm. That dog don't hunt here. :teeth:

Come to think of it, I wasn't really happy with any of my meals in DTD. We also did Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen. Again, I'm too close to Louisiana and I didn't think Ralph exported the flavors well. Odd, since I spend a LOT of money at the Brennan family restaurants when I travel to New Orleans. . . :confused3

I'd eat at TJ's again, but only on a spur-of-the-moment thing. I won't plan my vacation around eating there.

Just MHO. Of course, YMMV! Happy eating!

mk

I really liked the food when we ate there. If you have kids a word of advice, the napkins they give you REPEL liquid. One of my kids spilled there drink and naturally we tried to use the napkin to absorb it. It wouldn't! It just moved the liquid. The couple sitting across from us had children and had the same problem as us, fortunately they had some paper napkins to share with us because our waitress didn't make it to our table very often.

I loved the food there, but the service was either terribly overworked, or they were just horrible.

We ate there on June 26th - the food was good (average CA Mexican variety) - but the Catus Margaritas were GREAT! Have a pitcher and enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter