MGM on friday before Super Soap wknd

tjmw2727

DIS Veteran
Hi all

Looking for those who have been to WDW during the Super Soaps weekend who can give me an idea as to crowds the Friday night before? I am at WDW from Thurs the 6th to Tues the 11th and want to squeeze in Wishes and Fantasmic. Since Wishes is not being shown Friday (I wonder why?) I am thinking about seeing Wishes on Thurs, and visiting MGM for Fantasmic on Friday but wonder about the crowds. Ideally I would go to MGM on Thurs to avoid soap crowd and MK on Friday to avoid ee on Thursday. This would mean mean no Wishes until Sunday and a chance we may miss it. I won't brave the MK on Saturday of a holiday weekend. Ok - that was confusing, sorry!

Thanks for any ideas.

TJ

TJ,

Keep in mind that although there will be more folks in general at the park, all those extra people will be doing SSW things, not riding Tower of Terror or any of the other attractions really, so in essence, waits should be normal if not less than usual. The only time you could experience long waits is at the eateries or if you do want to experience any of the SSW events.

Sorry, I'm not sure about thre Fri before. If it helps I will say avoid MGM whatever day they are having the SSW events. The area around Chinese Theater is hard to navigate. There are these parade type processions that cause a little bottleneck. I waited the longest ever for Great Movie Ride that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter