Michael & Theresa ~ 4/19/2010~WP/CG/UK lower~holy moly an update! day 4 is up

I too am doing silk flowers I bought mine on afloral.com, spent about $70 for about 75 flowers. Fast shipping, and they look great. I also ordered the wrong color accidentally (was totally my fault) and had no problems with returning/exchangeing as well.

Thanks so much I'm totally going to check them out on my lunch break!:thumbsup2

I'm planning on making all my bouquets and was wondering if anybody knows where I can find nice silk flowers online? I've been to a few stores around here but they all have a very limited selection of flowers! I'm nervous to order off of ebay b/c it's hard to tell if the flowers are bouquet worthy! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!:goodvibes

All the silks I used came from walmart.....good luck with all your plans:goodvibes
momsarahflorals003.jpg

momamandaflorals001-1.jpg

I'm planning on making all my bouquets and was wondering if anybody knows where I can find nice silk flowers online? I've been to a few stores around here but they all have a very limited selection of flowers! I'm nervous to order off of ebay b/c it's hard to tell if the flowers are bouquet worthy! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!:goodvibes

Hobby Lobby!
We made all of our flowers and they all came from Hobby Lobby!! They had some really good ones. Some of the ones we used even felt real!

Thanks for the advice Carly! All you flowers were so beautiful! I will definitely keep an eye out for the sale!:thumbsup2

I just checked the Hobby Lobby ad & it says 50% off floral. Not sure if this is just a local thing or at every Hobby Lobby though.

It's prob. all of them. It seemed like everyother week their floral aisle was 50%.

They 50% bridal aisle alot too!

Thanks so much ladies! I think I'm going to stop there tonight when I get home from work! I know I have plenty of time but I just want to see what I can find! I figure the more I can get done now the less I need to stress later!

Oh and I finished my proto-type welcome bag last night. It came out smaller than I had planned so I'll have to adjust the pattern a bit! no problem though! Hopefully I can get a decent pic of it and post it tonight when I get home!

Thanks for the link Angela! I'll check her out!

Also, does anyone know if kids under 3 are free for weddings?

So I finally got around to taking some pics of random stuff I have but haven't posted pics of. :)

Stuff for welcome bags. I need to find more Kleenex packs. I have plenty of everything else.

stuffforwelcomebags-1.jpg

Proto-type welcome bag. It came out too skinny so I'm combining two patterns I have (using the style of this bag for the body and a bottom of a different bag, one that will have a flat bottom)
prototypebag-1.jpg

These are a couple of flowers I bought the other day from Hobby Lobby. I couldn't really come up with anything else that I really liked So I'll keep looking but I have these as a start!

flowers-1.jpg

This is my very simple cake cutting set I got on ebay for like $4 or something crazy!

cakecutting-1.jpg

And these are the bride and groom hats I also got from ebay! I also have the bride ears headband. I'm contemplating adding the ears to the hats but I'm just not sure what I'm going to do yet!

brideandgroomhats-1.jpg

Well that's all for now folks! Have a wonderful day!

I love the items for your welcome bags, we plan on using some of the same items....your bag is great! you did a good job and I love the color of it-will you use that color?The roses are very pretty colors- they look very romantic.... looking forward to hearing more :goodvibes

I love the items for your welcome bags, we plan on using some of the same items....your bag is great! you did a good job and I love the color of it-will you use that color?The roses are very pretty colors- they look very romantic.... looking forward to hearing more :goodvibes

Thanks! I'm planning on using that as one of the colors. I'm using that blue, a lime green-esque, pink, purple. basically bright, spring-y colors! :laughing:

So, I've been starting to do some research on resorts for our room blocks. This past April we stayed at All Star Movies which was nice. I don't have any complaints at all about them. For the amount of time we were in the room, it served it's purpose.

We are thinking most of our guests are on a really tight budget so we'd have a block there, a moderate and a deluxe. As I've been looking at pics, I really like POFQ for a moderate resort, any complaints about them? What is everyone's opinions?

For the Deluxe it's a bit more complicated. I really like the Contemporary. I stayed there on my first trip to the world way back in 1992 and it was amazing, but haven't been able to stay there since. :confused3 I love the modern, luxurious look and feel. Also, the Contemporary really kind of holds a special place in my heart b/c that is where we got on and off the boat that we got engaged on. :laughing:
DF on the other hand really wants to stay at the Grand Floridian b/c it's our wedding and it's THE place to stay. He's heard a lot of great things about it from people who have stayed there. I on the other hand, love the lobby and the look of the place but think I might be a tad uncomfortable staying at such a classy place. I'd love to have pics there but I'm not sure about staying there. I've never stepped foot on the grounds of the GF other than the monorail stop :laughing:

Would anybody like to help me out with my issues? :laughing: Any suggestions and info is greatly appreciated as always. I don't know much about the resorts b/c I've only stayed on the property twice (1992 and 2008) If you have a resort you love and go to all the time please share! (pics are ALWAYS welcome) TIA!

Ok, I tried putting a link to this thread in my siggy and it won't work! I tried it a bunch of times and a bunch of different ways. Anybody have any ideas what i'm doing wrong?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter