Mickey vs Harry Potter! A March Break TR 02/14: better late than never!

After the kids' watery adventure, we walked by a theatre with a show called "Animal Actors on Location" which was just about to start. We decided to give it a try. The kids love animals and I was anxious to get out of the sun. It was in an outdoor theatre but at least it was covered. This is a live show featuring an array of different animals such as dogs, birds, and even a pig performing tricks to entertain the audience. During the show they take an audience volunteer to participate in some of the sketches. This show feels a little too rehearsed and looses the "awe" moments that you get at Disney's "Flights of Wonder". The show is "cute" at best and the kids found it remotely entertaining. I doN,t think it would be worth seeing if not accompanied by young children as the show seems geared towards them.

I forgot to take picture so I shared this one that I found on the web.

We headed to "E.T." next. This is a really old ride and even if it was entertaining I found that it show its age. Here you ride on a bicycle for 4 ridders and you lift up into the sky with E.T. as your pilot. You then soar to the skies and over to E.T.'s planet. The ride reminds me a little of WDW's Peter Pan attraction where you soar over Neverland, but instead here you soar over an E.T.' colourful alien planet. The kids liked this ride and I still think it has something nostalgic about it so its a keeper. Sorry I could not take pictures on the ride.

After we headed into the Sponge Bob store which is filled with fun life size props and some pretty cool merchandise. The kids love Sponge Bob and it was a fun store to visit.

Sponge Bob's living room

Jellyfish lamps.

Cool Sponge Bob merchandise

YA, I don,t think so!

Hey look Sponge Bob swim trunks! Too cute!

When we came out, we decided to go reserve our seats to watch the afternoon parade. My little one was feeling tired so he decided to sit in his stroller while we all sat on the sidewalk. And low and behold as soon as the parade started, the little one had fallen asleep. It is kind of like a running joke. No matter what time of day, if there is a parade, the younger kid falls asleep. :confused3

First, Gru and his Minions.

Hey look it's the World Greatest Villain, Vector! Or maybe not!

Let's not forget Spong Bob and his underwater buddies!

Dancing fish?

There is the easter rabbit from the movie "Hop"

Diego and his jungle friends. Where's Dora?

Diego's car

The parade was actually quite fun and DS7 enjoyed it greatly. After the parade we went to grab an iced coffee at Starbucks while DS7 enjoyed a blue slushy. We sat outside on a little table people watching and relaxing while my DS4 slept in his stroller. When he woke up, we put it to a family vote on what to try next. We all decided to go on Transformers Ride again. Yay!

But first a quick stop to see Optimus Prime!

We rode Transformers again and loved every second. Then we scoured the store for cool souvenirs. Everything was so overpriced in that store that we decided not to buy anything. The boys were disappointed but they also understood. DS7 contended himself with a picture with "Bumblebee's" Head.

Then we headed to "Twister" which is a really cool attraction that simulates what a real twister would feel like. You first watch a pre show about Twisters where you get to see some footage of real twisters and the damage they have left behind. Next you enter a room which looked like a replica of the town in the movie "Twister". Then you see the storm clouds gather in the distance, followed by a rain storm and strong winds picking up speed. Then you get to experience the full impact of the Tornado. You feel the ground shake under you, the violent winds ripping out electrical poles and see the eye of the Tornado. The kids absolutely loved it, especially the part where a cow flies by. It was quite scary so I held DS4 in my arms in case he got spooked. At first he was a little scared but when he realized that it was fake and this was just a simulation he relaxed and enjoyed the show.

Next we went to see "Shrek 4D". In all honesty, this was my least favourite attraction of all. It was not terrible per say but it just feel short for me. The story is a sequel to Shrek 3D with interactive in-theatre effect. I guess it is because I can't help comparing it to WDW 3D interactive shows such as "Philarmagic", "A Bug's Life" or "The Muppets 3D" which are all ten times better than "Shrek 4D".

After Shrek, we decided to call it quits. We walked back to our report for a quick shower and to get changed. After our showers we were all tired and did not really feel like going back out but the kids still had not had supper and we wanted to check out Universal's City Walk. We walked back to the area and decided to eat at Bumba Gump's Shrimp. There was a long line up but nobody seemed to mind waiting. There were complimentary hoola hoops for the kids to use and kep my kids distracted while we waited. After 20 min. our name was called and we headed into the restaurant. The restaurant is based on the beloved movie "Forrest Gump" and offered tons of great seafood at reasonable prices. We ordered our drinks and told the waiter about our son's food allergy. We gave our orders and he notified the chef. Our food was really good and the kids loved their popcorn shrimp!

Shrimp 3 ways

Amazing keylime pie!

After that we headed straight back to the hotel and hit the sack. We were totally burnt!

Up next, Day 7: IOA

Sorry guys, I have not had a chance to finish this trip report. I've been super busy at work and I am in the middle of planning my next Disney Trip in March 2016.
I booked POFQ again for 6 nights and was able to rent out a studio at the Polynesian Villas and Bungalows for the last 3 nights of my trip. :woohoo:Plus I got all my ADR booked.
I am sooooooo excited! :jumping1:

Ok well back to this trip report:

DAY 7: Island of Adventure.

Today we woke up really early because we wanted to take advantage of early admission to Harry Potter. We went down to grab a quick breakfast at "Emac & Bolio's Marketplace" located on one of the lower levels of Hard Rock Hotel. Along with a smoothie, ice cream, yogurt and juice bar, this marketplace had tons of great breakfast items and offered really good specialty coffees. We were pleasantly surprised!

After a good breakfast we headed to the parks. We decided to just walk over to IoA instead of taking the boat ride seeing as how close HRH is to the parks. We got to IOA by 8:20AM and made our way straight to Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

You can't imagine how excited we were when we saw this sight:

Hogwarts

And then

Butterbeer!

I can't believe it! Were are standing at the entrance of Hogwart.:woohoo:

As you can see in the following pictures, there was no one except for us so we got the castle all to ourselves. Yay!

What a line up!

The front doors to Hogwart!

We got to see:

Dumbledore's secret stairway

The wall of Moving pictures (paintings)

I was blown away by all the detail and how real it all looks. It is truly something to behold if you are a Harry Potter fan. Then we were led into Dumbledore's office where we saw some sort of projection of Dumbledore himself.

A "pensive"

We even get to see the fab 3 (blurry shot, sorry guys)

We got to walk through the castle together but when it came time to get onto the ride, my DS4 was too short to ride and my DH gets motion sickness so we split up. My DS7 and I went rode The Forbidden Journey while they exited the castle and waited for us outside. This ride is really fun but it is so dark and the robotic arms throws you in so many directions that I find sometimes it is hard to follow the screen. My DS7 loved it anyway.

When we came out there was already more people in the park. We decided to head straight to Ollivander's before the lines got too long. We waited about 20 min and finally were let into the tiny room to watched a "wizard" be selected to pick out a wand.

In line waiting.

The shop was really well done and looked just like in the movies. The little "magic" surprises throughout the show were cute but really this experience is overrated. Unless you are the one selected, it really does not have that much appeal. The main purpose for this show is really so that 10 min later they can push you into buying a wand in their store located at the exit of the ride. Of course my kids begged me to buy them a wand and really, I felt kind of obliged to do so because the kids were so disappointed so disappointed they did not get selected during the show. So fair warning for other parents, this is one to skip!

After we got our wands, we decided to go to the three broomsticks for a nice cold frozen Butterbeer. We actually ordered our butterbeer at the bar and went into the dining room to enjoy our drinks. The restaurant is so cool, and the details here are so well done that you feel like you just walked into the Harry Potter movies.The kids shared one and I shared one with my hubby. I love the butterbeer but man that stuff is sweet.I was happy we decided to share.

Happy boys after their butterbeer experience

Now it was time to explore Hogsmead but first another picture of Hogwarts. Sorry the pics are really dark. I guess I forgot to turn the flash back on after the ride.

They were selling butterbeer on the streets too but it was faster and much cooler to get it a the Hogs bar inside the "Three Broomsticks".

HoneyDukes's chocolate frogs

Honeydukes' Every Flavour jelly beans

puking pastilles, yuk!

Father and son. Love the snow covered rooftops.

Mother and son

Hogsmead and its small shops are so well done that you truly feel like you walked into a Harry Potter novel. It is truly a magical but it was getting really crowded so we decided to move on to the other attractions in the park with plans to come back later in the evening to explore it some more.

Up next: the rest of IOA

I saw one of your posts on another thread and figured out you'd booked a trip for next year-awesome! We're actually staying at the Poly for the first time in Jan. (just DH and I on that trip) in a DVC villa, can't wait! What ADR's did you book?
DS9 and I enjoyed Butterbeer, DH and DS13 not so much lol. I thought it tasted like cream soda and the foam tasted like butterscotch :)

I saw one of your posts on another thread and figured out you'd booked a trip for next year-awesome! We're actually staying at the Poly for the first time in Jan. (just DH and I on that trip) in a DVC villa, can't wait! What ADR's did you book?
DS9 and I enjoyed Butterbeer, DH and DS13 not so much lol. I thought it tasted like cream soda and the foam tasted like butterscotch :)

Oh you will love the Poly. It is the most romantic resort on WDW property and is perfect for a couples only trip! So excited for you.:woohoo:

Oh good, I'm glad you asked about my ADR. I need some help with my dining plans. We booked tons of restaurants this time since we are paying OOP and we figured we can order less food sometimes. We are huge breakfast people and we love sitting down and being able to relax at meal time. We decided to try tons of new restaurants too just to make this trip a little different . We omitted signature restaurants just to keep cost lower and also because thee experience is wasted on the kids. So we booked:

Day 1: MK: Crystal Palace for breakfast, BOG for lunch, WCC for dinner (first time)

Day 2: EP: Coral Reef for lunch (first time), San Angel Inn for dinner (first time)

Day 3: HS: 50'S Prime Time for lunch, Sci-Fi for dinner (might cancel dinner and go to Sci-Fi on day 4)

Day 4: AK: Tusker House for breakfast before park opening, Dinner in DTD (I had originally planned to go to WCC but decided to do it on a MK day)

Day 5: HS: Sci-Fi for lunch (will cancel if I decide to keep it on day 3), Beaches and Cream for dinner (will cancel if I decide to go on Day 7: Epcot day)

Day 6: Check into the Poly: Day Off: Kona Cafe for brunch, Ohana' dinner

Day 7: Kona Cafe for early breakfast, Beaches and Cream for lunch, La Hacienda de San Angel for dinner

Day 8: Ohana' for breakfast, LTT for lunch, BOG for dinner (first time but will cancel because I keep reading bad reviews and am going for lunch on day 1. Plus I think we'll do QS so we can scout out a good seat for the EP and fireworks.)

What do you think?

Hi! Well I just read your post on the restaurant board so I know you cancelled BOG dinner :) I totally get why you did; just going to mention it's our favorite TS in MK and one of our top 3 favorite TS's in all of WDW lol. We've had dinner 5x there and are going again on both our upcoming trips. But like I said I know reviews are split 50/50; just gives you another place to try on your next trip! So will you just do QS in MK that night?
I think your ADR's look pretty good! We always add new places on our trips, too. We did WCC for dinner a couple years ago and enjoyed it; doing lunch in Nov. Same with Coral Reef, it's been a few years but we did enjoy it. It also gets mixed reviews but if you like the menu I say stick with it :thumbsup2

On day 1 and day 7 you have a lot of food to eat lol, but like you said the nice thing about NOT being on the DDP is that you won't feel like you have to order an entrée every time, or dessert every time. That's why we no longer get the DP. So if someone isn't hungry when it's time for a meal, they can just get an app. I will say though that if you're eating AND getting ice cream at Beaches and Cream (and really, can you go there and not get ice cream lol??) you all will be FULL!!!:faint: so if you stick with day 7 then everyone may be eating chips and salsa at La Hacienda lol! Don't skip B&C though! I love their food and of course their ice cream :goodvibes

Hi! Well I just read your post on the restaurant board so I know you cancelled BOG dinner :) I totally get why you did; just going to mention it's our favorite TS in MK and one of our top 3 favorite TS's in all of WDW lol. We've had dinner 5x there and are going again on both our upcoming trips. But like I said I know reviews are split 50/50; just gives you another place to try on your next trip! So will you just do QS in MK that night?
I think your ADR's look pretty good! We always add new places on our trips, too. We did WCC for dinner a couple years ago and enjoyed it; doing lunch in Nov. Same with Coral Reef, it's been a few years but we did enjoy it. It also gets mixed reviews but if you like the menu I say stick with it :thumbsup2

On day 1 and day 7 you have a lot of food to eat lol, but like you said the nice thing about NOT being on the DDP is that you won't feel like you have to order an entrée every time, or dessert every time. That's why we no longer get the DP. So if someone isn't hungry when it's time for a meal, they can just get an app. I will say though that if you're eating AND getting ice cream at Beaches and Cream (and really, can you go there and not get ice cream lol??) you all will be FULL!!!:faint: so if you stick with day 7 then everyone may be eating chips and salsa at La Hacienda lol! Don't skip B&C though! I love their food and of course their ice cream :goodvibes

I usually don't let my restaurant choices be determined by other people's bad reviews but since my husband was not that crazy about dinner at BOG to begin with, I looked into it further. After looking over the menu and found I was less than excited to try it, I decided to just drop the ADR.

I agree with you about having too much food on Day 7. I think I will drop Beaches and Cream for lunch. Instead I will go on Day 5. The QS in HS is not that good anyway and it will give me an opportunity to visit BC/YC and then head to the Boardwalk that night which I've never been to.

Day one is my problem day for sure. Breakfast at Crystal Palace is a family tradition and we all love it so I don't think I can drop this one. My ADR is for 9:30 so by the time I get out of there I don't think I'll be hungry for BOG like you said. This is the logical one to drop, that way I can leave room for WCC. But then there is no room for BOG!
:headache:...so hard to decide!

I know what you mean about not listening to bad reviews. There are some restaurants we have been/are just dying to try and we hesitate, and put it off. But in the end when we give them a shot anyway, most of the time we're not disappointed. Restaurant Marrakesh in Morocco was one. DH and I finally ate there in March and we were so impressed, we're taking the kids next month! But some reviews are quite negative so we were very hesitant.
I think that's good switching B&C to day 5 :thumbsup2 And definitely walk around the BW after! That's our favorite resort (and where we're staying again next month). While the BW isn't somewhere you'd spend HOURS with kids, there are performers at night - I think they start around 7??-like acrobats, jugglers, magicians etc. And most of them ask for audience participation. There are also a couple carnival-type games for the kids and stores for you all to look in, a small arcade, plus its just cool to walk around at night when it's all lit up.
Hmm......well, how much time is between CP breakfast & BOG lunch, and then lunch & WCC dinner? I know BOG lunch will be hard to move, but you can always just get like 2 entrees.......and WCC shouldn't be hard to move if it's fairly close to lunch and you want to give yourselves some more time to get hungry for dinner! It IS hard to decide - there are so many places DH and I want to eat in January, I'm having a hard time narrowing it down! We have Jiko (new), Cali Grill (new) and of course BOG booked already. He always asks to try Bongos in DTD but the kids don't like the menu, so I'm thinking I'll book that for him this time. I'd like one more signature.......always wanted to try GF Café....still haven't done either Mexican restaurant in Epcot.......Ugh!

Ok so now back to my trip report. WWHP was already full of people :crowded: and so we decided to head to another area of the park. I had read a few touring plans before leaving for my trip so I knew that we should head to "Spiderman" Next. On the way to Marvel Land, we took advantage of all the cool stuff we found crossing the park.

DS7 was really excited when he saw this triceratops skeleton and decided to try to crawl up on it for a picture, until a Cast member started screaming at him to get down.
Notice the small green sign on the bottom left" That is where it is clearly written "no climbing"

Then it was hubby's turn:

We kind of messed up with his feet but it's still a pretty funny shot!

We passed a few water rides which you will see later and ended up in Toon Town

We finally got to:

The boys were really impressed with this guy whomever he is:

And we finally got to "The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman".

This ride was very similar to Transformer and was really entertaining however Transformers still beats it by a long shot. The action scenes just look less real but the boys loves seeing superheros and villains fight it out so this was a clear winner.

When we excited the ride we got a cool surprise: all the marvel hero pulled up in their superhero vehicles and each went in their designated spots for the meet and greets. Of course my boys wanted to meet Spiderman so we quickly got in line. We waited maybe 15-20 min. to meet the guy.

Storm from X-men

Cyclops from X-men

Spiderman, who is riding his ATV with style

Oh lets not forget Captain America and Wolverine!

What I like about the characters here, is that they used really built guys to play the superheros. That makes them much more believable than lets say "Gaston's" fake body suit at WDW.
The boys got in line for Spiderman immediately and waited patiently to meet him. This was the highlight of their trip. They were so excited. :jumping2:
There was a green screen behind Spiderman so that they could insert a city scene afterwards but I did not want to pay extra for a picture that I could take myself.

This is the pic I got. A little weird with the green screen, I know, but I can fix that eventually. I am a graphic designer after all.

We check out some of the merchandise in the superhero store afterwards. I love this figures I found of Tony Stark, he is so well done:

Oh and her is the Hulk

We also got a cool picture with this mannequin of Iron Man. How cool is that

Despite all the tempting new toys, the boys were pretty good and did not bother me too much for souvenirs. Honestly, it bothers me to buy merchandise at WDW or US when I can find the same items at Walmart at half the price. If I said yes every time my boys wanted something, we would be broke. It can add up quickly and without realizing your $3,000 trip turns into a $4,000 trip.

Since my husband and I have no tolerance for coasters we skipped all the attractions in Marvel Superhero land and went straight to the Seuss Landing. My kids were the perfect age to enjoy that area of the park. The colourful whimsical attractions kept the kids busy for hours.

First we went to "If I ran the Zoo" which is an interactive play area for kids with lots of fun and strange creatures. Definitely a fun place for little curious eyes.

After spending some time there I dragged the kids out and went on "The Cat in the Hat" ride. This reminded me a lot of the "Winnie the Pooh" ride at WDW where you ride through the pages of Dr. Seuss's well loved book: The Cat in the Hat! That is until the "couch vehicle" you are riding spins violently in all directions and you are assaulted with quirky vibrant images and sounds. The kids thought this ride was a blast, my husband and I walk off feeling dizzy and confused.:rotfl:

This is the only picture I managed to get before almost loosing the camera as the vehicle spun away. After that I tucked it into my pocket, just to be safe!

After exiting the ride we ended up in the Dr. Seuss store which had tons of cool things. DS7 was reading all the Dr. Seuss book since his first grade teacher was a big fan so he was really into everything he saw. After looking around I saw that they had a pretty cool book collection and my husband and I decided to buy the kids a compilation of all the best Dr. Seuss stories. DS7 was so ecstatic! The thing was a brick and weighed a ton so I was worried if we would have trouble with the weight restriction on the plane but took a chance anyway. I figure that a book like this was a worthy souvenir that would get lots of milage. I was right we still, to this day, end up reading a story from this book at least once a week at bedtime. It was a gift that kept on giving!:thumbsup2

The book we bought

The Cat with Thing 1 and Thing 2

We then headed to the "Caro-Seuss-el" which is pretty much a merry-go-round with Seuss characters. The little one was the only one having fun but hey, this is a trip for the whole family.

Wheee!

I'm the silly girl on the "who horse"

This is what the it looked like. Funky, right?

Next Up, Lunch time!

Last edited:
As for lunch, I forgot to mention that when we entered the park first thing this morning I stopped at the Dining/ reservation quiosk at the front of the park to ask if we could reserve "Mythos " because I heard good reviews and had wanted to enjoy a TS meal instead of having the usual fast food fair found in the park. It was now time for our dining reservation so we headed towards "The Lost Continent".

The boys we right away very impressed with the huge greek god waterfall adorning the restaurant's walls.

The restaurant looks like it was carved right into a mountain and looks really impressive.

As we walked in we were greated by a friendly hostess who told us to take a seat while they prepare our table. Even the waiting area is really impressive and is made to look like you walked into a mysterious cave/doorway belonging to the Gods. Even the light fixture and ceilings are beautifully detailed.

We were then led to our table and the waiter took our drink orders while we looked at the menu. It is hard to concentrate on the menu when there is so much beautiful stuff to look at. The restaurant wall were made to look like stone and the details from the carvings on the walls to the mysterious looking lamps are just breathtaking.

We ordered our food and made sure that the kitchen was aware of all our allergies. The serve noted everything and was very attentive. He double checked our order and made sure our food was safe to eat. DS7 wanted pizza and DS4 wanted pasta with tomato sauce. I ordered an appetizer for my meal: crab cakes and my husband had Pad Thai. The plate were huge, especially the kid's meals. The food was all delicious and really not that expensive for a amusement park. We thourougly enjoyed our meal here and I highly recommend this restaurant for any one visiting IoA

DS7 pizza

My crab cakes

My husband's Pad Thai

DS4's pasta

We finished up our meals and walked out to find "Poseidon's Fury" showtime about to start. We headed inside but not before taking some pictures of the amazing statues and relics adorning the entrance.

We entered the "temple-like" building and were led through darkened corridors through the ruins till we got to a room that looks like some sort of Egyptian tomb but with greek symbols and drawing lining the walls. Then you find yourself trapped in this room as an angered God sends you on a mission to find his missing Tridon. You are led through several rooms where you have different trials to complete before ending up in the middle of an impressive battle between the Gods. This show was kind of scary for DS4 but he was able to handle it just fine as long as I held him close. DS7 found it to be greatly entertaining. It is really a "not-to-be-missed" experience and the special effects, water explosions and pyrotechnics were super well done. It was entertaining for sure.

After the show we ended up at the "Mystic Fountain" which is fountain that actually is "alive" and likes to surprise the unsuspecting onlookers with witty jokes. The kids got a kick out talking to him and had loads of fun running around in his spray. I did not take any pictures but you can check him out on this youtube video:

Up Next, Popey's Bluto and BArges

I know what you mean about not listening to bad reviews. There are some restaurants we have been/are just dying to try and we hesitate, and put it off. But in the end when we give them a shot anyway, most of the time we're not disappointed. Restaurant Marrakesh in Morocco was one. DH and I finally ate there in March and we were so impressed, we're taking the kids next month! But some reviews are quite negative so we were very hesitant.
I think that's good switching B&C to day 5 :thumbsup2 And definitely walk around the BW after! That's our favorite resort (and where we're staying again next month). While the BW isn't somewhere you'd spend HOURS with kids, there are performers at night - I think they start around 7??-like acrobats, jugglers, magicians etc. And most of them ask for audience participation. There are also a couple carnival-type games for the kids and stores for you all to look in, a small arcade, plus its just cool to walk around at night when it's all lit up.
Hmm......well, how much time is between CP breakfast & BOG lunch, and then lunch & WCC dinner? I know BOG lunch will be hard to move, but you can always just get like 2 entrees.......and WCC shouldn't be hard to move if it's fairly close to lunch and you want to give yourselves some more time to get hungry for dinner! It IS hard to decide - there are so many places DH and I want to eat in January, I'm having a hard time narrowing it down! We have Jiko (new), Cali Grill (new) and of course BOG booked already. He always asks to try Bongos in DTD but the kids don't like the menu, so I'm thinking I'll book that for him this time. I'd like one more signature.......always wanted to try GF Café....still haven't done either Mexican restaurant in Epcot.......Ugh!

Thanks for all the good advise. I've never stayed in the Boardwalk area but am dying to try BC one day especially because of the Stormalong Bay. We ate at B&C on our anniversary trip and want to bring the kids there 'cause they'll love it for sure.

I am curious about Restaurant Marrakesh. It is definitely one I want to try eventually. I like Moroccan food. I am actually trying Coral Reef and San Angel Inn which both have mixed reviews but want to see try it for myself. San Angel Inn our favourite restaurants so if you want to try Mexican fair, go there. The restaurant itself is beautiful and the views are stunning. The food is really good, especially the margaritas but skip dessert!

Your signature restaurants sound great! I loved V&A but it is crazy expensive and has a no-kid rule but man the food blew me away!

Deciding on ADR always is hard and I drive my husband crazy with questions and continual changes. I'm lucky he puts up with me.:rotfl2:

The sun was really shining down on us now, and it was warm enough for us to seek out a water ride. My husband loves Kali River Rapids at WDW and begged me to go on one of the water rides at US last time we were there but I had chickened out seeing how wet people were after walking out of the rides. Plus he convinced me to Try Jurassic park and I came out of that ride soaked to the bone. The worst part I was the only one who got wet on the ride. This time, my husband and the kids wanted to go on a water ride and convinced me to join them. I had brought their bathing suits to the park again and quickly got them changed in a nearby bathroom. I left their dry clothes and their towel in the stroller. I also checked our backpack into a locker since it contained our phones and our wallets which we wanted to keep dry. I had a rain poncho for my husband and myself and this time made sure to use them. We decided to try out "Popey's Pluto and Barges" which seemed more kid friendly than "Dudley's Do Right Ripside Falls". We got in line and once we boarded our raft, we were able to take off our shoes and stuff them into a plastic bag and into the covered centre console. We also rolled our pants so that they were protected by our rain ponchos. So glad we did this because, we didn't get wet, we got soaked! This ride was a lot of fun and it was much more entertaining that Kali River Rapids but just be ready to get really, really , really wet! There is no escaping the water jets and sprays no matter where you are sitting. The water managed to slip underneath my poncho and soak up into my pants but it was not that big of a deal. AT least our shoes were dry when we got off the ride.

Not my picture, image from the internet

Not my picture, image from the internet

When we exited the ride, the kids were soaked. I dried them with the towel I brought and we then headed to "Camp Jurassic". This is a huge interactive playground for kids and adults alike. It had tons caverns and caves, dinosaur skeletons and water blasters which my kids had a blast using. It reminds me a little bit of Tom Sawyer Island with all its nooks and crannies and its sheer size but with a dinosaur theme. The kids spent over an hour playing here. Thank goodness I left their bathing suits on, they played with water blasters and enjoyed avoiding being sprayed by other kids. My husband joined along in the fun, well because he is a "big Kid" too.o_O

Not my picture taken from internet

Not my picture, taken from: http://orlandoinformer.com

It was getting dark now and the temperature dropped quite a bit. With much difficulty, I finally had to drag my kids out of there and got them changed into dry clothes. With all that playing and running around, we were ready to fill our tummies and decided to head into Harry Potter' Wizarding World for a quick dinner. My kids wanted another Butterbeer so we decided to eat dinner at the Three Broomsticks. I ordered the food while my husband sat with the kids. We decided to eat outside since it was less noisy and less crowded and we could see Hogwarts in the distance. We decided to each share a chicken and rib platter which came with corn on the cob and roasted potatoes. It was very good for a QS option and we really enjoyed it.

The kids enjoying their meal.

After dinner we decided to explore the area a little more. I love WWHP in the evening. The shops windows are al lit up and the whole place looks more "magical" at night.

We took a picture with the famous Hogwarts express.

Love this shot! Looks like it belong in the movie.

Kheo and I wanted to ride "Forbidden Journey" again while my husband and DS4 decided to ride "Flight of the Hippogrif".

Hogwarts entrance. Love the "magical graffiti" that appears on the columns. I had not noticed earlier in the day but at night could really see it.

Kheo and I love our ride on Forbidden Journey even more this time around.Maybe it was because we rode it at night and it suits the atmosphere of the Castle better or maybe it was because we could see everything better since our eyes didn't have to adjust to the dim lighting. I don't know, but it was fun. When we got out we met up with my husband and DS4 who absolutely loved the Flight of the Hippogrif. They could not stop raving about the spectacular views of Wizarding World from up there, so we decided to see for ourselves and join them for a second pass.

"Flight of the Hippogriff" with Hagrid's hut at the entrance of the ride.

Very cool kiddie roller coaster.

This kiddie roller coaster is really well done and perfect for my kids ages. The views are really stunning especially at night and is a must do for that alone! DS7 loved it so much that he and his brother wanted to ride it again. So on we went.

The park was now closing , I took a last picture of my beloved Hogwarts and headed to our hotel.

Bye, Bye, see you in a few years!

Bad blurry pic sorry!

We decided to take the boat back to our hotel 'cause we were all so tired. We debarked and found ourselves not being able to find the doorway we usually use to enter the resort. I guess we were really tired. Finally we just circled the resort to end up in the front entrance. Did I mention how much I love the Hard Rock Hotel fountain. Look at this fountain lit up at night. Isn't it cool looking!

So we all hit the sack tired from our day.

Next Up, my review!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter