Mickey vs Harry Potter! A March Break TR 02/14: better late than never!

After the fireworks we headed for Liberty Square because that is our favourite spot to watch the Electrical Parade. It was a challenge getting there as we were fighting the crowds leaving the park. We finally got to the area and got a couple of seats on the small brick planter right beside The Hall of Presidents. While my husband and kids waited there, I got in line at "Sleepy Hollow" to get one of those amazing Funnel Cakes. The line up was long but I finally got to the counter. I ordered my funnel cake with cinnamon sugar and got a large coffee for my husband and I to share. I also got hot chocolate for my boys. The funnel cake was not guaranteed nut free so my son could only enjoy the hot chocolate. I always carry nut free snacks for him in my sling bag so I gave him a nut-free cookie instead. I felt bad but he said he really did not mind.

We waited for a good 30 min. for the parade to start. We got some really good seats because by the time the parade started the place was completely filled with people and you could tell they envied our spots. :woohoo:We took some pics of the parade but my camera was handheld so some shots are blurry sorry!

Cinderella's carriage

Cinderella

Peter Pan

Love the Pirate ship all light up!

Here comes one of the dwarfs from Snow White.

My son looks kind of creepy in the glow of the lights!

The kids love the dragon the best!

We were all really tired now and we decided to call it a night! We made our way out of the park and were lucky enough to catch our bus right away. DS4 ended up falling asleep on the bus so my husband had to carry him back to the room. Thank goodness we were staying at POFQ. It is times like these that I love its small size!

Up next, Day 4: Epcot!

Too bad your son did not get to experience the Pirates League but at least you found a way to compensate. It sounds like he had a blast anyway! I don't know how old your son is now, but if ever you go back and can't get a reservation before hand, go to the Pirate League in the morning when MK opens and ask if they can squeeze him in. Many times they have a couple spots free at that time. You daughter can participate too. A few years ago, I went to get a pirate makeover too with my oldest son for MNSSHP. It was a really fun experience.

I have never gone to 1900 Park Fare, is the food good there?

Thank you for following my TR and sharing your experience with me. Have a great day.:wave2:

Yes, we did enjoy 1900 Park Fare. The buffet was bit fancier than the one at Crystal Palace in 2012. Right now, my son is 10 & has lost a bit of interest in pirates. He cannot wait for the Star Wars expansion in DHS though. That's the great thing about Disney - there is something magical for every age.

Yes, we did enjoy 1900 Park Fare. The buffet was bit fancier than the one at Crystal Palace in 2012. Right now, my son is 10 & has lost a bit of interest in pirates. He cannot wait for the Star Wars expansion in DHS though. That's the great thing about Disney - there is something magical for every age.

Oh I got to try 1900 Park Fare next time I'm at Disney. Thanks for the suggestion! I cannot wait either for the Star Wars Expansion. I think I am more excited than the kids. We are all big Star Wars fans in my family so its no secret that we were salivating at the idea even before they announced it. Sooo happy they are finally doing it. Look like its going to be really cool too.

Day 4: Epcot.

We woke up to another nice sunny day, yay! We ate a quick breakfast at the food court and headed out to catch the bus. As soon as we entered the gates we headed straight for Test Track. I have still not had a chance to try out this ride since its refurb since the last two trips, the ride broke down and I never got around to it. This time, I was determined to try it. There was already a 30 min. wait which was not too bad considering it popularity. I actually really like the cool futuristic cars on demo. The boys definitely enjoyed looking at the different car designs while we waited.

Oh, I want that one daddy!

Ok so we get to the room where you get to design your own car and you won't believe what happens to me. My stomach starts to rumble and I look over to John in alarm.Oh no, not now. I quickly come to the realization that I will not ride Test Track today after all. I needed to find a bathroom quick! So I ask the CM where the closest bathroom is and she indicates that it is outside in a building in front of Test Track. Great. She also indicates that if I leave, I will not be able to come back without having to wait in line again. Ya, well, I got no choice lady! Get out of my way!

Once the emergency averted, I decided to wait for the boys outside. I was so disappointed that I did not get to ride Test Track for the third time but the wait time had already jumped to 50 min. and I had a FP for Soaring in a 20 min. so I had to come to terms that it was just not going to happen.

So while I waited for what seemed like a really long time, I shot some pics of the flowers they were setting up for the Flower and Garden Festival coming up in a few days.

I'm glad I got to see Topiary Lightning Mc Queen since our trip ended before the F&G started.

My husband and the boys really enjoyed TT as you can see on this pic below. My husband making sure the little guy is not too scared!

When the boys came out we headed to Soaring but not before a quick bathroom stop. My husband thought it was real funny that I missed all the fun on TT and kept teasing me for the rest of the day. Next time, I'll slip him a few laxatives in his morning coffee and see how he likes it!:P I was glad I had a FP for Soaring because the wait time was 120 min long. I found the wait long even with the FP so I really feel bad for those poor souls in the the regular line. I did not take any pics of Soaring, sorry!

Next we got to our next FP attraction: Turtle Talk with Crush. I had not wanted to use a FP for this but there was very little choice left after I had selected the other FP so this is what I ended up with. I got to tell you that it was not worth using a FP for this. It does not give you any special benefits as you wait in line wight the other folks and get no special seating once in the theatre. So lesson learned! Anyway, my kids never really were that into this attraction but my younger one really enjoyed it this time around. I guess he is at the perfect age for it. All the kids sat upfront while the parents sat behind on the designated benches. Crush is quite entertaining and it is fun to see how the kids react to his jokes. It is a cute show, especially for the younger crowd.

When we got out of the theatre we decided to eat lunch instead of exploring the rest of the pavilion. We decided to head back to the "The Land" pavilion and eat at the Sunshine Terrace Food Court. The food selection here is really great and I love that it' seating is indoor and air-conditioned. I decided to have oak grilled Salmon with potatoes and green beans. Since I was on the dining plan it came with a drink and a dessert. I had iced tea and a key lime pie for dessert. My kids each took a roasted chicken leg with rice and carrots and an apple juice. My husband took sushi with a yogurt parfait.

The salmon was really good and not dry or overcooked, but it was a little it to salty in my opinion. The key lime pie however was delicious!

My boys enjoyed the chicken and mashed potatoes.

My husband' sushi and yogurt parfait. I don't know why anyone would take a yogurt parfait when there is such a huge selection of amazing desserts to try but hubby is kid of a health nut!

After our lunch we decided to go back to the "Seas with Neemo and Friends" pavilion to try out this ride. The wait time was 30 min. but I knew it was a fast loading attraction so we would move along quickly.

While waiting in line.

We quickly boarded a seashell and enjoyed this cute and entertaining ride.

After doing this we spent some time exploring the pavilion. We saw a huge crowd surrounding a diver in the lockout chamber. We did not stay long enough to see what was going on though. We actually spent the bulk of our time enjoying the gigantic aquarium filled with different species of fish and a playful dolphin who kept playing hide and seek with the kids. He looked like he was having more fun that the kids. We also got to see a huge beluga being fed lunch!

We finally got outside and noticed how hot it was out there and the kids were kind of whinny and tired. So, with much resistance from the kids, we decided to leave the park and go back to the resort for a dip in the pool and some R&R.

A shot of us before leaving the park! Can you tell we are really hot, tired and sweaty!

Ah, this shot is better. A little farther away so you can see the giant Golf Ball as I call it.

Next up, pool time at POR

Last edited:

Wow I got behind! Enjoyed your updates :) We too really enjoy the Flights of Wonder show at AK. We ignored it many times and once we saw it, we wondered why we hadn't seen it sooner!
Love the boys Pirate makeovers, too! My boys did it last year when they were 11 & 7. I didn't get them pirate shirts or buy the pictures they take in the pirate room; just did the makeovers and took my own pics :thumbsup2 Oh, DH and I got makeovers there, too lol!

Wow I got behind! Enjoyed your updates :) We too really enjoy the Flights of Wonder show at AK. We ignored it many times and once we saw it, we wondered why we hadn't seen it sooner!
Love the boys Pirate makeovers, too! My boys did it last year when they were 11 & 7. I didn't get them pirate shirts or buy the pictures they take in the pirate room; just did the makeovers and took my own pics :thumbsup2 Oh, DH and I got makeovers there, too lol!

Flights of Wonder is one of those hidden gems, like you we ignored it for the longest time. The boys were really happy with their pirate makeup that day. I did a makeover too a few years back with DS7 for the MNSSHP. It was really fun. How did you like your experience? I am sure your boys loved the fact that you did it with them. You must of all looked great!

So back at the hotel we got changed into our bathing suits and made our way over to the golf cart pick up location to bring us to POR's pool. We swam for a couple of hours and enjoyed the sunshine. When we decided to head back to the pool we waited for the golf cart to pick us up but there was a long line up of people in front of us. Since the golf cart could only hold six people at a time we knew it would have to make a few rounds before it was even our turn. We would most probably be waiting there for a good half hour so we decided to walk back to our resort instead. No big deal since it was still nice and warm outside plus the views along the way are pretty spectacular.

Goofing around in POR

MAnsion in POR

Main building in POR

Beautiful path along the river leading to our resort

Happily walking along

Wow stunning views

POR is really pretty as you can see! After a 15 min. walk we got back to our room, showered and got dressed for dinner. We had a reservation at LA Hacienda De San Angel for a 6:00PM dinner at Epcot so we had to make our way back there quickly.

We arrived at the gate at 5:30 and quickly made our way to the restaurant. Epcot is really big so there was a lot of walking involved and it seemed daunting because we were on a schedule. The boys kept complaining how far it was and how hungry they were and by the time we got to the restaurant, they were really grumpy. As you all know restaurants and grumpy kids don't mix. Nothing on the menu appealed to them, but really it was just because they were too hungry and being fussy. Finally I chose for them and waited for the waitress to come and take our order. We told her that my child had allergies and she in sited to take the order herself instead of sending out the chef. I told her that usually a chef comes out to speak to us but she insisted that is how it was done in this restaurant. I was a little nervous but went ahead and gave her our order.

Grumpy faces!

The view from LA Hacienda is pretty spectacular!

Love the lighting too!

After taking our order the waitress brought some chips and salsa and the boys grumpy faces disappeared as they started to munch on their nachos.

Oh yeah, I like nachos!

A really nice couple sitting next to us asked if we could take a pic of them and they offered to return the favour. I was able to get a family shot, yay!

The meal came and the boys started wolfing down their food. They loved the refried beans and the quessedillas. Gladly there was no allergy incident which was reassuring but I still found it strange that the waitress took the allergy info instead of the chef. Anyway, the kids like their meals. My husband and I both ordered the shrimp tacos which were really good. I really enjoyed my meal here and would highly recommend La Hacienda. I also had ordered a Margarita which was amazing. I love classic margaritas and this place really knew how to make a good one.As for dessert we all decided to skip it. Sorry I forgot to shoot pics of our meals. Here is a pic from a previous meal here.

Shrimp Tacos

As you can see the boys are in a much better mood after getting some food in their tummies!

Restaurant decor is really pretty!

After dinner we went to catch our FP for Maelstrom. This is my DS7 favourite ride so I had made sure to use our FP for this as the lines can get really long. I personally find this ride quite unimpressive but my boys like it. After riding Maelstrom we spent a little time shopping for Viking hats. My boys really wanted to bring them home but I had no room in the luggage so it was a no go!

Hey look I spotted another topiary! My favourite characters from the Muppets too!

We decided to skip Illuminations which we have seen so many time before and try to avoid some of the crowds by heading to Future World instead. We were really tired especially after a day in the heat. I think the swimming really took a toll on us. We were all dragging our feet. We decided to ride Spaceship Earth and then call it a night. We left before Illuminations started. We even got to see Illuminations from the bus as we drove away from Epcot.

Next up, Day 5: Hollywood Studios

Last edited:

i love the boys' hats! they look so stylish:) very, very cute!
Thanks. The boys picked them out themselves before our trip. My oldest really loved his hat, he wore it almost everyday that following summer. It does not fit him anymore so he now wears a regular ball cap but I have some really cute pics of him in it that year!

Flights of Wonder is one of those hidden gems, like you we ignored it for the longest time. The boys were really happy with their pirate makeup that day. I did a makeover too a few years back with DS7 for the MNSSHP. It was really fun. How did you like your experience? I am sure your boys loved the fact that you did it with them. You must of all looked great!

I would post a picture of all of us done up after Pirates League if I could, but sadly I still have not figured out how to post pics :sad2: Actually I pretty much know how, but it always says my pics are too big. I need to have DH help me before our Nov. trip, because I plan to write my first TR when we get back!
Anyway the boys did enjoy DH and I getting made up with them; we all enjoyed it. We got lots of fun comments around MK that day! I'm sure DS9 would do it again but highly doubt I could talk DS13 into it lol. But I feel it's totally worth it to do at least once!

I would post a picture of all of us done up after Pirates League if I could, but sadly I still have not figured out how to post pics :sad2: Actually I pretty much know how, but it always says my pics are too big. I need to have DH help me before our Nov. trip, because I plan to write my first TR when we get back!
Anyway the boys did enjoy DH and I getting made up with them; we all enjoyed it. We got lots of fun comments around MK that day! I'm sure DS9 would do it again but highly doubt I could talk DS13 into it lol. But I feel it's totally worth it to do at least once!

I agree with you, it is definitely something to do at least once.
As for posting pictures, I can maybe offer some help. Go to photobucket.com and open an account. Dowload your pics. Then once downloaded click on the picture you want to post. On the right of the picture you will see links right under "SHARE LINKS". Click on the last one at the bottom that says "IMG". Then come back to your DIS page and paste the link by clicking "Ctrl"+ "C" on your keyboard if on a PC or click "cmd" +"C" if on a a Mac. And there you go!
Hope that helps.

DAY 5: Hollywood Studios.

Today, we woke up at 8 am, got ready, and went to eat Mickey Waffles at the Sassagoula food court. Breakfast took a little longer than expected as the kids were taking their sweet time. There was a TV playing cartoons in the corner and the kids seemed more interested in that than eating their breakfast. I, on the other hand, was anxious to get to HS for opening time but the rest of the family did not seem to share my enthusiasm this morning. I finished breakfast quickly and then was like "come on, come on, let go!" but my husband was like "relax were on vaca!" and the kids were like "I don't want to go, I want to finish watching this cartoon!" After they finally finished their breakfast and I thoroughly washed off the sticky syrup off their hands and faces, we finally headed to the bus stop. As soon as I got there, I realized I had to go back to our room as I had forgotten to take the camera. Urgh! :headache: All that time pressuring the kids, and I was the one slowing down everyone. I decided to run to the room because I was scared to miss my HS bus. We were staying in building 5 which was pretty close to the front entrance so I did not think it was going to be such a big deal. I was wrong, it was further than I thought, especially when running at full speed. I came back completely out of breath and sweating. And guess what, I had missed the bus!

Whouaaat!

Well I guess I deserve that! It was my own fault for forgetting the camera and instead of pressuring everyone to hurry up, I should have double checked to make sure I had everything I needed. But still the whole thing just made me extremely grumpy! I was trying to keep my calm but this is what I was feeling:

Anyway, we waited about 15 min. for the next bus which was not so bad and we were finally on our way to HS. I had wanted to get there early as I had wanted to sign up DS7 to Jedi Training, however once we got to the park, DS said he was not interested anymore. He is a shy kid and I think the idea of being in front of a huge crowd scared him a bit. So again all that rushing for nothing. :sad2:

Instead went straight to Star Tours, my favourite ride at Disney. That was a perfect way to cheer me up and as soon as I saw the giant "walker" my mood had lightened up greatly.

There was a 5 min. wait and so we were able to walk right on. Yay!
:cool1:

The kids loved this ride as much as me and as soon as we exited they asked to ride it again. There was now a 20 min wait but I gladly accepted anyway and we all enjoyed the different experience this time around. After the ride, we took some time looking at all the merchandise in the Star War store and also took a few pics on the "speeder bike". I love Star Wars! Can't wait for the new movie coming out this December. Oh and even more happy about the New Star Wars Land to be built. Sooo excited.

Um, how do I sit on this thing?

By this time it was already 11 o'clock. I had tried to get a ADR for many months at Sci-Fi-Dine Inn as it is my boys' favourite restaurant. I had no such success so so we decided to go to the podium to see if they could squeeze us in for lunch. They told me that they had room but that we had to wait there to not loose our spot. The boys were excited that they were going to be able to eat there again so did not mind the wait. They quickly called our name and we were seated at a car table right in the middle of the room. For those of you who have never been, Sci-Fi is restaurant made to look like a 1950's Drive Inn theatre. Here you get to eat on tables shaped like vintage cars under a starry night sky while enjoying loops of not so scary "B" movies on the big screen. Even though the food is mediocre most of the time, we visit this place for the experience and is a must do for our family.

Love the creature feature posters on the walls!

"Oh no, not the giant spider! eeek!"

How much time have we been waiting? I think that is a "5"!

Our Table! Great view

Yuk kissing! This is a "B movie!"

The boys wanted glow in the dark drinks. I really wanted a milkshake but decided to just grab iced Tea as I knew the portions are big and the milkshake would have just fill me up. The chef came out to take our allergy free order and we enjoyed the movies playing on the big screen in the meantime. I ordered a buyer with onion rings which was really good. My husband ordered a veggie burger which he said was also very good. DS4 ordered pasta with tomato sauce and DS7 ordered ribs. Everyone was happy! Since I was paying this meal OOP we decided to skip desserts as we were all really full.

Because we ate lunch so early we were able to finally see "Light Motor Action" show which we have missed so often in the past. It only has two show times and they are always at awkward times! The boys were really impressed with the show. But really, which little boy would not like high speed car chases, motorcycles, pyrotechnics and cool stunts?

Really concentrated here!

"Did you see that Dad?"

From up here we could see some areas of the park (looks small from this angle!)

After the show, it was really get hot so we decided to let the boys play in the "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" park. It guess a lot of parents were thinking the same thing and the place was packed!

It is hot up in here!

They look so small!

They were waiting for the water spray to hit them. So cute!

"Mom, look I'm wet!"

Spider MAn!

Having a blast with my brother!

"It's official, I'm wet!"

Up next, we meet Lightning Mc Queen and Mator!

Last edited:
i have loved reading everything so far, can't wait for more :) your boys seriously are adorable! i'm sorry Cinderella was a brat, I really hope none of the princesses are like that when I meet them because they are a huge reason I am going!

i have loved reading everything so far, can't wait for more :) your boys seriously are adorable! i'm sorry Cinderella was a brat, I really hope none of the princesses are like that when I meet them because they are a huge reason I am going!

Thank you. I am happy you are enjoying my TR. It was the first time I had a bad experience with a princess. Like I said she was not rude with us but you could tell she was just going through the motions and did not fulfil her "princess" duties! Have a good trip.:wave2:

When I finally was able to pull my kids out of "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" play area, we headed over to meet "Lightning Mc Queen" himself. We were lucky enough to take a picture of Both "Lighting" and "Mator" together!

Now that done, it was time for my beloved "Muppets". I always loved "the Muppets" as a kid. and the "Muppet Vision 3D" is one of those shows that many skip but remains one of my family's must do's. The show is really funny and entertaining, and the kids especially love all the 3D interactive stuff. And how can you not like Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Animal and the rest of the hilarious crew? So we walked in and watched the pre-show in a room full of TV sets. Then we put on our 3D glasses and enjoyed the show!

This is my puppet face!

This is my puppet face!

One last picture with the Muppets fountain!

Then we took some pics on "the streets of America" and made our way to "Toy Story Mid-Day Mania" which we had a FP for. This is a really good ride to use FP on because the line ups here can become ridiculous. It is a fun ride so I can see why it is so popular. Just the sets when you walk in to the building are amazing and make you feel like you stepped into Andy's room and have shrunk to the size of a small toy. How cute!

Monkeying around!

Quick shot, everyone freeze!

Read what is written on the etch-a-sketch! So cute!

Looking good!

Looking very good!

Um, not so much!

Love it!

Yay, here we go!

Next up, Indiana Jones!

So I gave my boys the choice between either seeing the "Beauty and the Beast" musical or "Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular!" because we only had time for one. Guess what they chose! Yup, Indie here we come... We walked over to the theatre and waited for the show to start. While waiting we decided to pass the time goofing around with the camera.

DS4's tiger face

My tiger face (my son took the shot, hence the funny angle)

My son the photographer!

Then we were allowed to enter the stadium and waited again for the show to start.

look who's fed up of waiting!

And the show finally began...

Boring part!

More boring parts

Finally some fun parts

Another cool part!

Cool pyrotechnics

I personally am not a fan of this show. Don't get me wrong my family loves Indiana Jones "the movies" and I was really excited the first time I saw that they had an Indiana Jones show at HS. I actually like all the stunts and pyrotechnics and I think that the stuntmen are the best part of this show. However, what irks me is the format of the "behind the scenes" format of the show. These parts of the show with the director and stunt doubles talking and getting the audience participation are long and really quite boring, especially for the kids. I would have prefer to have a retelling of some of the best action filled scenes of the movie without the "in between" stuff that Disney added in! Anyway, that is just my two cents.

It was time for our 6 o'clock ADR for "50's Prime Time Cafe" which is one of favourite places to eat at HS after Sci-Fi. I just love the atmosphere of this place and the food is always really good. We walked into the restaurant to check in and what we experienced was pandemonium!
There were a ton of people waiting to check in. There was a couple arguing with the hostess at the check in counter about loosing their reservation. The poor hostess kept saying that she had no reservation in their name and since the couple did not have a reservation number she could do nothing to help them. She kept saying that they were fully booked tonight so that she was sorry but that they had to go somewhere else to eat. The couple would not hear of it and they just kept insisting that they had made a reservation. Meanwhile the people waiting to check in were getting upset that it was taking so long for the situation to be resolved and they were complaining and sighing loudly. The line was so backed up that we could hardly fit in the reception area. I told the boys to go wait outside while I waited to check in. This was the first sign of how my evening was going to pan out! Dum..dum..dum!

After 20 min of waiting I had now missed my 15 min. window of check in time. but it was not an issue since the hostess had realized that it was because of the obvious backup. She gave me a pager and told me to wait in "the living room" area of the restaurant which is basically the waiting area and with the bar. I had asked if we could get a table with a TV but the hostess told me that it was not going to happen because they were all taken and the restaurant was full. Another sign foreshadowing my evening. Dum...dum..dum!

So I joined my kids and husband in the "living room" and we waited for what seemed like forever to finally get our table. As soon as we sat down our "cousin" (aka as the waitress) came to take our drink orders and to advise us that the chef was going to come and see us shortly to discuss our allergies. We waited and waited and waited some more for the chef to come and take our order.

The waiter finally noticed that we were still waiting there and he told us that he was sorry it was taking so long and that he going to get the chef for us, this time for "real"! He disappeared and quickly came back with the chef. The chef apologized but he looked quite frazzled! He quickly ran through our options, took our order and ran back to the kitchen as fast as he came out. Hmmm, this is really not looking good! Dum...dum..dum!

So again, we played the waiting game...

at least we got our drinks! My son is cold here so instead of putting on his sweater he was trying to sip his drink while keeping his arms warm.o_O

I'll keep myself busy colouring!

thank goodness for technology to keep the little ones busy.

ok, still waiting for our food!

My husband trying to distract the boys

We were waiting there forever and the waiter had completely disappeared the whole time we were waiting. He had not even checked if we wanted another drink or to let us know that our food was taking longer than expected. We had been sitting there a whole hour or more, I can't remember anymore (but it was a really long time) and we still had no food, and no waiter to complain to! Ok this was getting ridiculous! I finally caught our waiter flying by us with dishes in his hands to ask him when our food was going to arrive and to express our displeasure with the wait time. At this point I was not a happy camper anymore. I am usually always in a good mood at WDW but I become one of those enrage lunatics when I am tired and hungry, so this was not looking good! Plus, I had really wanted to make it to "Fantasmic" because it was our last night at Disney and I wanted to end it with a bang, but at this rate it was just not going to happen and this angered me even further!

The waiter said he would go check what was going on with our food and apologized for the wait time and ran off to go serve the dishes he was holding to another table. Ya, well, you can guess what I wanted to do with his apology right now!
Any-who, we waited another 20 min, and he finally arrived with our dishes. It was obvious that they had lost our order and had to rush to make our food at the last minute! :sad2: The waiter apologized again and said that it had been a busy night.

I was clearly not happy but the waiter did not look too sympathetic and I decided to just let it go because I did not want to make a scene. We quickly ate our meals and the boys ate their ice cream sundays which were nut free and were included in the kids meals.

Oh that is good!

Mmm, always room for ice cream!

My husband and I skipped dessert since we were still trying to make it to "Fantasmic". Once we were out of the restaurant, there was only 25 min left before the show started and I highly doubted we were going to find any seats by the time we got there but my husband convinced me that we should try anyways. We walked towards the theatre along with the thousand people making there way there too. The streets were so crowded that we each held onto a child with a death grip so as not to loose them.

We finally got to the theatre and actually found seating for four which was a true miracle.
:worship:

Here we are waiting for the show to begin!

"classic" family shot!

Oh, here is another good one!

We all really enjoyed Fantasmic and were in all in a good mood when we came out. We decided to explore some of the stores along Hollywood Blvd before leaving the park.

Look, it's the mirror from Snow White!

Who's the fairest of them all...it DS!

I'm Malificent! Beware!

Want to taste my poisoned apple! (Ok sorry mixing up the stories here!)

Awe, I want one. No room in our luggage, too bad!

Cool, wish I could draw like that.

Ok it was the end of the night and our final day at WDW. Even though the restaurant experience was a disaster we had a really good time at HS. Tomorrow we were heading to Universal and we had to get our beauty sleep so we caught a bus back to the resort and while kids slepts, I packed up the rest of our belongings. I wanted to leave early the next day because we had a big day planned! Lots more to come, good night folks!:wave2:

Next up, Day 6: Hollywood Studios here we come!

Last edited:
Apart from your experience at 50's Prime Time, your trip sounds amazing. But at least you made Fantasmic!

Apart from your experience at 50's Prime Time, your trip sounds amazing. But at least you made Fantasmic!

We had a great time! I am so happy we did get to see Fantasmic that night. It really ended the day with a positive note. Thank goodness my husband is an optimist and convinced me to try and get seats anyway! We were really lucky that the stadium was not full!

Day 6: Hollywood Studios

The next morning we woke up at 6:00 am. I had packed everything the night before so it was ready to go. We made our way to the food court where we ate a quick breakfast. My husband went to the room to get our luggage and we headed to bell services to catch a taxi. The ride was pleasant and really not that long, I think it took us 25 minutes more or less to get to Hard Rock Hotel. It cost us around $40 of taxi fare if I remember correctly.

As soon as we got to the resort, we immediately loved the look of this hotel. The guitar fountain at the entrance is a pretty cool way to greet guests and the lobby is filled with tons of music related paraphernalia.

We quickly went to check into the hotel. The room was not ready which is understandable considering our early arrival so decided to leave our luggage with bell services so that we could hit the parks right away. We also decided to leave all our valuables like our passports, wallets, and iPad in a safe at the reception so as not to have to worry about losing them or getting them stolen at the park. I just carried my small sling bag, with a couple of credit cards, my camera, some IDs for drinks and of course sunscreen. Next time I am going to try and not bring a bag as you have to check in your bag in lockers before almost every ride and it can be very time consuming.

We went to the pick up the boys tickets at the electronic pick up location in the lobby and we headed to US parks. I had my annual pass already from my last visit so I was set to go!

We decided to walk to the parks instead of using their complimentary transportation as is was faster. The path leading to the parks is really pretty and we enjoyed our morning stroll over. There is a guard checking tickets and bags as we entered "City Walk" but we got through quickly as there were very little people coming from this direction. As soon as the boys saw the giant world with the Universal Logo they got really excited and ran towards it! This was there first time at US so they were anxious to experience something new.

Yay, we're here.

Universal Studio's gates.

We chose to visit US today because we wanted to make sure we could take advantage of the Harry Potter early admission tomorrow which at the time was only located in IOA. Since we were staying onsite, we each had an express pass but it could not be used in the Harry Potter World so it was more advantageous for us to use it today at US. We scanned our tickets and thumbprints and walked into the park.

The first ride we saw on our left was "Despicable Me Minion Mayham". The kids being big Minion fans wanted to do this ride first which worked out well since the lineups for this ride can get crazy later in the day. It has to be one of the busiest rides in the park so it is a good one to hit first. The waiting area is absolutely adorable and the kids don't mind the lineups here as there are so many little details to look at. You basically feel like you walked into Gru's home.

Here we watched a short video explaining what to do. The theatre doors opened and we were led into a bigger room with several ride vehicles facing a large screen. The ride is similar to Star Tours where the seats move in relation to what you see on the screen. It is a pretty fun ride with full of surprise! The kids got a kick out of being transformed into Minions. When the ride is over you exit into a dance zone where a Minion mascot is ready to boogie with the kids.

My break-dancing minion!

Next we headed to "Transformers: the ride - 3D" as we walking to the entrance my boys got to meet their favourite character: Bumblebee! Now this is a pretty impressive meet and Greet character. The Transformers "mascot" is larger than life and I still have no idea how they move around. It is obviously a guy in there but that is just because I am using logic. To the kids, he is real! He move and talks and interact with the kids. Even though the kids have to stand at a certain distance from the character they still get to talk to him. It is really not to be missed, whether you are a fan of the Transformers or not.

We headed to the entrance of "Transformers ride" which was right around the corner. The giant Optimus Prime greeting the public is again quite something. I absolutely love everything about this ride!

Transfomers, unite!

We used our express pass for this one and bypassed the regular line. As you enter the attractions, you feel like you just stepped into a secret government base and you even get to see a piece of the "all spark". So cool! Ok sorry, I am a real movie geek so just ignore me if you don't know what I'm talking about!

the all spark

Next you get into a "car" like vehicle which is basically a transformer and you put on your 3D glasses. The vehicle moves from space to space all while you watch action packed scenes unfold before your eyes. It is a completely 3D experience! You seriously cannot tell reality from fiction. It is the best ride I have ever experienced. It is so well done and absolutely thrilling. My family loved very moment of it and the boys came out wide eyed and super excited by what they just experienced.

We then headed towards the "Simpson's Land" but not before taking in all the sights along the way.

I think DS7 thinks this lollipop is real

Oh no the shark ate Daddy

Jebediah Springfield, now you know your in Simpson Land for sure!

Love these "Duff" topiaries

Oh look across the lake, we can see the new New Harry Potter area being built. Can't wait!

So we get to "the Simpson's Ride" but the boys want to ride "Kang and Kodo's Twirl and Hurl" attraction first. This is kind of like the "Dumbo Ride" but with a Simpsons' twist! You get to ride around in little flying saucers while cracking up to Kang and Kodo's insulting dialogue. As much fun for the adults as the little ones! I forgot to take pics but used the pics from my previous trip to show you what it looks like.

Pic from previous trip

This is what the area looks like. They went for a Simpson's carnival theme which is really cute and quite fun.

Pic from previous trip

Pic from previous trip

Love that Wild Willie!

We decided to ride on the Simpson's Ride next. John got sick on this ride last time so he was apprehensive to try it again but I convinced him to do it for the kids. I know, I am so cruel! Using the kids to make him feel bad! He just ended closing his eyes on most of the ride since it is the 3D effects that make him sick, especially the roller coaster part of the film. This is another one of those animated film rides coupled with a motion simulator. The queue area and the pre-show are pretty entertaining in their own right. The ride itself is full of fun thrills coupled with the Simpson's classic humour. I really like this ride and the boys thought it was hilarious that Dad kept closing his eyes in fear. :rotfl:

Love the posters!

Love the set design

Next Up, lunch at Krusty Bugers...

Last edited:
So we were all hungry for lunch by now and decided to go grab a bite at The Simpson'S food court. The outside of the food court is made to look like Springfield's known establishments such as the "Quicky-mart", "Cletus' Chicken Shack", "Krusty Burger" and of course, "Moe's Tavern"! I forgot to take pics so here are a few from my previous trip so you can get an idea of what it looks likes:

Inside Moe's tavern

Complete replica of the show, so cool!

My husband and I decided to have the "Krusty Burger" which come with curly fries and a drink. Honestly they were quite good. My boys wanted pizza from "Luigi's Pizza". As far as fast food goes, it was all pretty yummy!

Mmmm, Krusty burger.

After lunch the sun was really pounding. My DS7 really wanted to go to "MIB" but my DS4 did not make the height requirement for this ride. So my husband went with DS7 while I shopped around with DS4 in the MIB store. Thank goodness they had the EP so they could bypass the regular line. The wait time was crazy long. There were a lot of gadgets in the store to keep the little one distracted and we enjoyed looking at everything int he cool air-conditioning which was a good thing since we waited for a good 30 min for DH and DS7 to come out. Sorry guys no pictures.

When the boys came out, it was so hot that I had suggested that we go to the "Curious George" splash area. I had remembered this area from my last visit with my husband and had thrown the boys bathing suits and a travel towel in the stroller before leaving for the parks this morning. They all happily agreed and we headed there but not before taking a few more pictures along the way:

Look Mom, it the "back to the future" car. My DS7 love those movies!

Look Mom, I'm Ralph Wiggum!

I love the curious George area, it is so cute!

I changed the boys into their bathing suits and let them round around and have some fun. My Dh and I sat in the shade watching them play.

This is a big place for such a little guy!

You won't get that far with that flat tire, son!

DS7 kept playing in this area but DS4 did not like it because of the huge bucket at the top of the building dumping water on the innocent kiddos lurking beneath.

We let the boys play for about an hour then I went to get them so we could move on to something else. I dried them with my travel towel that is made of micro-fiber. I always travel with this baby as you never know when you will need to dry off either from a water attraction or an unexpected florida shower. iT has served me well over the years. As soon as the boys dried off we went to the small roller coaster located right beside the splash area. The "woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster". I used to love Woody Woodpecker as a kid, and was excited about the theming of this coaster, but since my kids have no idea who he is, they would have to content themselves of the coaster itself.

Man, I forgot how annoying Woody's laugh is.

They loved it so much, they rode again without me this time and was able to get this shot:

After that we headed to Fievel's Playland. Again another movie that my kids have never heard about but it did not matter since they loved the oversized props, slides, ladders, nets and especially the 200 foot water slide.

Waiting for the boys to come out of the slide!

Here they come!

OMG, that was so much fun!

Next, E.T. and Sponge Bob!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter