Mickey waffles!!!!

paras4ri

Wishing upon a star........
Please tell us all the places we can find Mickey waffles???
:earsboy:

Yes... I would also like to know where these famous waffles can be found !!:tongue:

Hi,
My son had mickey waffle's at the All Stars Sport Resorts....I would imagine you could get them other places as well but this is the place where my family tried them and enjoyed them.....::yes::

DD has had big Mickey waffles at CBR and miniature Mickey waffles at Pop Century.

We have gotten Mickey waffles at 1900 Park Fare (I think that is the name). It was at a character breakfast at the Grand Floridian. Nice breakfast.

My kids eat mickey waffles weekly. I bought a mickey waffle maker years ago at the store in downtown disney.

Mara has the big Mickey waffles. Are the ones at the CB small? I am still looking for the recipe if anyone gets the offical one

We own a Mickey waffler and we too are still looking for "the" recipe. :confused:

So far the recipes we have found on the web aren't as "light" as the waffles we get at WDW.

Originally posted by frndofpooh
I'm pretty sure that Chef Mickey's has them.
I don't remember them at Chef Mickey's but it's been 5 years since our last visit.

We have a Grinch wafflemaker but also are still looking for the best recipe.

Originally posted by DisOrBust
Mara has the big Mickey waffles. Are the ones at the CB small? I am still looking for the recipe if anyone gets the offical one

I'm glad to hear that they have them now. When we stayed at AKL in October 2002 MARA didn't have Mickey Waffles, only square ones.

...has Mickey Waffles! Both big and little ones. We ate them every day during our stay last week. Delicious!

We had them at Chef Mickeys. We have a picture with DD holding it. She was reallly excited. We also had pancakes pored in the shape of Mickey when we were there, but it I think it depends on which CM is there. We also had the waffles at O'Hanas.

They are served at most of the character breakfasts.

I have a Mickey Waffle maker too. The following is the recipe that I use. I keep the dry buttermilk baking powder on hand for just these waffles instead of buying regular buttermilk and they are great with that. I also add a little vanilla because my DH and I like the taste of vanilla in waffles but that is optional. Hope you all enjoy them as much as we do. We think they are very yummy!!!! - This recipe will serve about 4 people for breakfast.
• 2 cups flour
• 1 tsp salt
• 1/2 tsp. baking soda
• 2 eggs, separated
• 1 3/4 cups buttermilk
• 4 T. melted butter.
Preparation -
Heat the waffle maker. Mix dry ingredients in a bowl or measuring pitcher and set aside. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until they just start to hold a peak...do not beat until stiff. Whisk egg yolks with milk or buttermilk and melted butter. Gradually add this mixture to the dry ingredients mixing with spatula. Do not beat. The batter should still have some small lumps of flour which will disappear as the waffles bake. Gently fold in beaten egg whites
Batter will be thick. Use a spatula to gently push it from a mixing bowl or pitcher onto a preheated waffle maker. Baking time varies with different waffle makers. Check the instruction manual, and bake for the recommended amount of time - usually 3 to 4 minutes for standard waffles; 4 minutes or more for Belgian waffles. Serve piping hot with butter and syrup, jam, jelly, or your favorite fruit toppings.

I have seen them at Chef Mickeys and Crystal Palace.

In response to what is so special about them - they are just good fun and keeps you in the Disney Magic mood - plus they are tasty.:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter