Mickeys backyard barbeque

• Thread starter chelsea&austinsmom
  • Start date
C

chelsea&austinsmom

We are going the end of April. We've never done Mickeys backyard barbeque and thinking about doing it for my sons 7th birthday. What is your thought and what do they serve you to eat?

We went last March.They had typical Bar-be-que food... hotdogs, corn on the cob, baked beans, ribs... My DD's had a blast. They danced with the characters, but it was choas. It was hard to take pictures because there are kids running everywhere. We enjoyed it a lot, but probably won't do it again. Note: Seating is first come, first serve so go early if you want to sit up front!

We have gone once before and will be going again next week. We loved it. Food was typical bbq fare but the atmospere was so much fun.

Your son will have a magical time,go and have a blast.::yes:: :wave2:

Keep in mind you get your own food. I wasn't expecting this, so was disappointed since I was pregnant at the time (and despised BBQ). When you line up waiting to get in--once they open up--you go straight to the food--so unless you are there early, or someone in your party goes and fetches a seat--it will be a bit before you find a table. The ones near the dance floor go first--that is where all the characters go for pics and autographs.

Special note--I ordered vegetarian since I couldn't eat BBQ--and my food was not ready when I got there--I had to wait for it to be prepared--so I was pregnant, hot and hungry. It took a while because they grilled the veggies fresh and WHOLE-we are talking corn on the cob, a whole zucchinni, a whole onion, a whole tomato etc....okay, maybe they weren't whole--but they weren't able to be eaten without knife and fork.

The entertainment was fun--we had a blast--we went on the 4th of July--we left early even though they said they would announce when it was time to see the fireworks...we just didn't have faith in Disney--okay the big hot pregnant women with serious control issues that are compounded while pregnant didn't have faith. :hyper:

Enjoy it, though--I would do it again in a cooler month as long as I am not pregnant ::yes:: Then I could enjoy the food AND the entertainment :)

Thanks everyone for your advise. Do they do anything special if it's your birthday?

Originally posted by chelsea&austinsmom
Thanks everyone for your advise. Do they do anything special if it's your birthday?

They call birthday people to the area in front of the stage for a happy birthday song or something like that...I had my daughter do it when we went.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter