Mickey's Halloween Party and Halloween Time Superthread 2018!!

The backside of the Hub can be tricky because of trees blocking the view of the globe -- sometimes there are gaps left open there and lucky guests can jump in! Last year the fireworks got cancelled a lot (!), so maybe people were hedging their bets on camping out for hours in vain or usng as much time as possible on rides and other things and waiting until the last minute to see if HS would actually go on.

I understand the logistics of when and where I can use the maxpass. It would be nice to have, so I was hoping it was included. It’s not a big deal if it’s not. I just like to plan so information is always important to me.
I’m not expecting the rules to be bent for me, and I don’t need to be at DCA before 4. I just want to be there right at 4 to maximize my party ticket. I’ve never done the Halloween party before, so although I’m a Disneyland veteran, this is very new to me and I really don’t know how it works. I’m willing to get there early to try to be in at 4, but it doesn’t even seem like that’s possible with how it’s currently set up. If this is all I got, that it’s all luck and time management, I will just speak to a cast member about it or hope that they change the process at DCA and create a party entrance line.

Unfortunately, there never did seem to be a clear consensus last year on whether MP was attached to all MHP tickets or not. We can only wait until the first people report back from the parties this year to find out if MP is on all tickets this year. Some people have it attached to their APs, so they were reporting that they had it last year, but it wasn't attached to their MHP tickets; and other people reported that it was on their party tickets, but that didn't appear to be a universal perk -- you can see how difficult it was to get clear, accurate information.
As for getting into DCA at 4, I think the best you'll be able to do is to be in the esplanade before then and to watch the lines to the gates. Gauge how quickly you think they're moving/not moving, and jump in when you think the time is right. If you are a few minutes early, just ask the CM if you can wait by the side until 4 and be scanned in then. I don't know why there would be a party entrance gate at DCA since there is no party there. Your MHP ticket will work as a regular park hopper in DCA. Another option might be to go through the special event turnstiles at DL exactly at 4 -- those gates are exclusive to party guests and the lines move pretty quickly -- get your wristband taken care of and activate MP (if it's on your ticket). You'd be able to book your first FP as soon as you go through the turnstile. Then cross back over to DCA and go to your first ride.

Unfortunately, there never did seem to be a clear consensus last year on whether MP was attached to all MHP tickets or not. We can only wait until the first people report back from the parties this year to find out if MP is on all tickets this year. Some people have it attached to their APs, so they were reporting that they had it last year, but it wasn't attached to their MHP tickets; and other people reported that it was on their party tickets, but that didn't appear to be a universal perk -- you can see how difficult it was to get clear, accurate information.

Seems like maybe it was a lucky glitch for some people.

As for getting into DCA at 4, I think the best you'll be able to do is to be in the esplanade before then and to watch the lines to the gates. Gauge how quickly you think they're moving/not moving, and jump in when you think the time is right. If you are a few minutes early, just ask the CM if you can wait by the side until 4 and be scanned in then. I don't know why there would be a party entrance gate at DCA since there is no party there. Your MHP ticket will work as a regular park hopper in DCA. Another option might be to go through the special event turnstiles at DL exactly at 4 -- those gates are exclusive to party guests and the lines move pretty quickly -- get your wristband taken care of and activate MP (if it's on your ticket). You'd be able to book your first FP as soon as you go through the turnstile. Then cross back over to DCA and go to your first ride.

There may not be a party in DCA, but Disney has to know there may likely be hundreds of party guests trying to get into DCA at 4. I don’t think it would be a bad idea to have a line specifically for that purpose. It would be helpful to both party guests and regular day guests. If I had to wait an hour in that line, I would, and I think others would too, and I’m sure day guests would be thrilled to not have a huge line to wait in just to park hop. Just a thought but it’s probably an irrelevant idea.

Unfortunately, my best plan is probably to have no plan. I’ll probably still get there an hour early and get more information then decide the best course of action.

To follow-up on the discussion about costume guidelines, I found more information the ticket ordering webpage. I still think it technically means no costumes in DCA, but at least it specifies the costumes guidelines posted on the MHP ticket page apply to the hours of the event only.

Ticket Ordering Webpage: "The above rules would apply only during the hours of the event. Standard Theme Park attire rules apply during all other times, and Guests ages 14 and older may not wear costumes in Disney California Adventure Park on the day of the event or in Disneyland Park if entering before the commencement of the event."

That all being said, someone else really muddled up the rules that are printed on the pdf tickets: "Costumes may not be worn if entering Disney California Adventure Park before the commencement of the event or in Disneyland Park." I think that is supposed to be reversed!

None of this changes what has been said previously, costumes (within the guidelines) have been fine in either park starting when the MHP tickets are valid for entry (so either 3:00 pm or 4:00 pm). It's just a typical case of conflicting info from Disney!

Everyone have costume ideas yet? My partner and I are twinning as Marie. We are both wearing the Disney official Marie tails and built really cute and comfy outfits around them. He's got white pants, a white button down, a pink bow tie and suspenders and we've both got matching ears.

I've got a white dress, pink belt, pink bow print leggings, a pink bow choker, a white paw shaped purse and white kitty shoes.

Its more disneybounding with a little extra oomph than costume but I like my costumes to be uniquely me that way. If you see us on Halloween night, say hi!

Everyone have costume ideas yet? My partner and I are twinning as Marie. We are both wearing the Disney official Marie tails and built really cute and comfy outfits around them. He's got white pants, a white button down, a pink bow tie and suspenders and we've both got matching ears.

I've got a white dress, pink belt, pink bow print leggings, a pink bow choker, a white paw shaped purse and white kitty shoes.

Its more disneybounding with a little extra oomph than costume but I like my costumes to be uniquely me that way. If you see us on Halloween night, say hi!
We're going as Aurora and the fairy Godmothers. I will be Merryweather. My teen cousin will be Aurora and her mom will be Flora and my DD22 will be Fauna.

I'm going to be a Haunted Mansion Maid..or Ghost Host. I'm doing more of a bounding outfit. I have a black dress, and the HM apron I will wear. I also have the green and black Haunted Mansion socks.

This is the beginning of my outfit... still needs accessories and shoes... plus being able to see the tail and ears really seals the deal as a costume... how cute is this for just a regular outfit though? I'm a makeup artist so I'll have really bright and glittery white and pink cat makeup too

Attachments

• 20180811_183142_mr1534037755018.jpg
    20180811_183142_mr1534037755018.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 40
Tickets bought for 9/18 the first party! Will be happy to answer any questions if they came up. Going with step daughter (10), sister in law (7) and mother in law. Our guys decided to cruise and scope out fancy cars instead lol. The girls first time at any Disney park, but we have 3 day park tickets aside from this party ticket so I think our main focus will be trick or treating, parades and characters. We will be a party of Stitch (me), Aurora (step daughter) and Mulan (sister in law). Mother in law has offered to scope out a parade spot for us early and "chill". REALLY hoping to meet Maleficent and I saw pictures one year that Roger Rabbit was in the Toon Town pre party? Can anyone confirm? Less than a month to go <3.

REALLY hoping to meet Maleficent and I saw pictures one year that Roger Rabbit was in the Toon Town pre party? Can anyone confirm? Less than a month to go <3.
Maleficent has been a regular at the Villains meet and greet in Villains Square (Town Square) for the last several years; you'll need to ask a character greeter CM when she's scheduled to appear and where. Alternatively, last year, she was also a roaming villain at times. I don't recall seeing Roger Rabbit, but the characters in Toontown did rotate to some degree. In terms of Toontown, DLR rarely confirms that there will be a pre-party in advance and has very little information about it posted/published. Alas, because you're going to the first party, you're going to have to go to Toontown and ask on the character CMs if Roger Rabbit is scheduled to make an appearance. Then, hopefully, the CM will be able to tell you where to line up (each character or set of characters had their own line in previous years, so most guests had a hard time meeting all of the characters at the pre-party).

Last edited:
Maleficent has been a regular at the Villains meet and greet in Villains Square (Town Square) for the last several years; you'll need to as a character greeter CM when she's scheduled to appear and where. Alternatively, last year, she was also a roaming villain at times. I don't recall seeing Roger Rabbit, but the characters in Toontown did rotate to some degree. In terms of Toontown, DLR rarely confirms that there will be a pre-party in advance and has very little information about it posted/published. Alas, because you're going to the first party, you're going to have to go to Toontown and ask on the character CMs if Roger Rabbit is scheduled to make an appearance. Then, hopefully, the CM will be able to tell you where to line up (each character or set of characters had their own line in previous years, so most guests had a hard time meeting all of the characters at the pre-party).

This is great thank you. Looks like I will have to do some digging when we arrive. Thanks!

What time are you able to get in with just party tickets? And if we are only doing the party for this trip (we have other plans as well). Would getting to the park 5-6 be enough time to ride favorites and not feel rushed?

What time are you able to get in with just party tickets? And if we are only doing the party for this trip (we have other plans as well). Would getting to the park 5-6 be enough time to ride favorites and not feel rushed?
3 hours before the party starts. So 3pm for the 6pm parties and 4pm for the 7pm parties.

It depends on what else you planned to do during the party and how many favorite rides you have. If it's only a handful of attractions and they're all in DL, then you probably have enough time during the party to do them. If you're including rides in DCA and/or you want to do some of the party specific activities (e.g., trick-or-treating, characters, fireworks, parade, etc.), then no, I do not think you will have enough time to do everything even if you get to the party as soon as the ticket allows you entry. The overlap period (the three hours before the party starts) is usually quite busy as there are day guests in the parks, along with the crowds arriving for the party; lines get long and FPs tend to run out (or have already run out, depending on the day).

ETA: I'm going to merge this thread with the 2018 MHP and Halloween Time Superthread -- you'll get lots of great ideas and advice there!

Is there another thread about 2018 Halloween? I did a search and it said no results. If there is another thread, could you post a link please?

The backside of the Hub can be tricky because of trees blocking the view of the globe -- sometimes there are gaps left open there and lucky guests can jump in! Last year the fireworks got cancelled a lot (!), so maybe people were hedging their bets on camping out for hours in vain or usng as much time as possible on rides and other things and waiting until the last minute to see if HS would actually go on.

I have in the past, waited for the first parade on Main St. then just moved into the middle of the street for the fireworks, only to have them cancelled at the last min. :( I would hate to waste that much party time and I'd prefer to go to the second parade but the fireworks are usually in-between the 2 parades, right?

My BFF and I are going as Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum. Just black shoes, red pants, yellow shirts. Then she bought us pre-made Tweedle collars w/bows and made us hats. Fortunately we don't need any stuffing to achieve the effect :goodvibes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter