~ Mickey's Magical Matey Tour ~ November 6-13, 2010 Eastern Magic

don't know that cheap is the right word - but it is cheaper than upgrading before you get to the port - if that makes sense....

it does...thanks! last year they upgraded us for free...guess they're not doing it this year!

We received our cruise docs, luggage tags etc yesterday. Did anyone receive an upgrade? I think we have decided not to participate in the FE this time. On our last cruise we had an entire suitcase filled with FE stuff. This really stressed DH. I really enjoyed the FE exchange but I think this time we are going to be "lazy". lol I am going to bring some surprises to slip in the FEs without officially signing up. :goodvibes

We received our cruise docs, luggage tags etc yesterday. Did anyone receive an upgrade? I think we have decided not to participate in the FE this time. On our last cruise we had an entire suitcase filled with FE stuff. This really stressed DH. I really enjoyed the FE exchange but I think this time we are going to be "lazy". lol I am going to bring some surprises to slip in the FEs without officially signing up. :goodvibes
We received our docs on Friday the second. We did get an upgrade, from Cat 6 to Cat 5. I'm so excited - 35 days from this moment my plane will be halfway to MCO. Yeah!

Did anyone else notice that Daylight savings time ends on Nov 6? That is our first night. I will be starving by the time late dining rolls around. I have my fingers crossed that I don't eat all afternoon to make up for that :lmao: Fortunately we have a couple of days to recover before our first crack of dawn excursion at 7:45. :yay:

Did anyone else notice that Daylight savings time ends on Nov 6? That is our first night. I will be starving by the time late dining rolls around. I have my fingers crossed that I don't eat all afternoon to make up for that :lmao: Fortunately we have a couple of days to recover before our first crack of dawn excursion at 7:45. :yay:

You mean you actually sleep on the cruise?!?:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Our documents are at the travel agent... next time I will be booking DIRECT with Disney
We are staying at a Marriott near the Port.... so excited!!!!

I didn't realize about Daylight Savings.. Man, our kids are going to be crazy from all the time changing!

Anyone want to man the white board for FE changes? Please? I can't do it...

Voyagers on the fresh and clean Magic, help! I've looked at the Navigator pages. But some will not come up on my screen and the ones that will are kind of old. I was wondering if a few of you could bring back your Navigators and post them or maybe email me a copy.
Were leaving Nov 20. My DH wants to know exactly what our 11 yr old will be doing while we are at Palo(as it stands right now I cant go:maleficen)
The activity on the ship(on the older navigator 2009) shows Dodge Ball:scared1: I haven't even told my DH or DD about that one. I'm hoping that 1 year later things changed.
Maybe if I find something of interest(not Dodge ball that's for sure) and where my DH approves(structured, not just free time) I could pick a different day to visit Palo if possible.

Could you also tell us about any changes you found on the boat?
Feel free to PM me. I love DISboards!

We have a whiteboard we could put on the door - as long as the magnets hold - however isnt it just easier to put a piece of paper up with the rooms, and/or how many in each room are participating?

I prefer not to have our names posted for the safety of the kids (intials would be ok). I am happy with something like

Rm # XXXX 2 kids (and/or 2 adults or or or..)

Maybe make x copies and leave them in an envelope attached to the door and then everyone who has changes, just update the 12 copies and everyone makes sure they grab one by end of night?

Just ideas, I havent done this before so I am still not really sure how we will know its our night but I am willing to help with white board, print outs etc...so make this fun and successful! OH AND EASY!

Cabanas are $499. They include rentals and soda/water and food (them getting it for you). They also golf cart you to your cabana.

JoRo, however you want. Just let everyone know. Thank you for taking care of this. The info IS listed here so that people know kids and such in case they want to make specific gifts, etc.

We have a whiteboard we could put on the door - as long as the magnets hold - however isnt it just easier to put a piece of paper up with the rooms, and/or how many in each room are participating?

I prefer not to have our names posted for the safety of the kids (intials would be ok). I am happy with something like

Rm # XXXX 2 kids (and/or 2 adults or or or..)

Maybe make x copies and leave them in an envelope attached to the door and then everyone who has changes, just update the 12 copies and everyone makes sure they grab one by end of night?

Just ideas, I havent done this before so I am still not really sure how we will know its our night but I am willing to help with white board, print outs etc...so make this fun and successful! OH AND EASY!

FE Idea

In the past we have set a date - (say November 1) when we finalized all FE info and room numbers. We posted a list here on Disboards that included family or Disboard name, number of kids/people and room number and so forth. It was our responsibility to take that in whatever format we wanted - I just copied and pasted to excel and printed out and took with me.

Then we set one room (who was not planning on changing rooms) who would have a white board on their door - and if you changed rooms - you just went to that room and wrote your change on the board - such as 7518 is now XXXX - - we asked all changes be noted on the door by the end of t first night and we didn't give out any gifts until day 2 to make sure we got all the changes.

Do we want to set a date for final submissions for FE and then just post that here. If you could do the white board that would be great.

I have done the gift exchange in two different ways - one cruise we set specific nights -the other three we just did it whenever. I have to say I liked dropping them off whenever - it made it a little more fun and a little less hectic. One cruise we had a couple of smaller gifts and did them on different days and one cruise we had one bigger gift that we just did once. Does anyone have any preference?

FE Idea

In the past we have set a date - (say November 1) when we finalized all FE info and room numbers. We posted a list here on Disboards that included family or Disboard name, number of kids/people and room number and so forth. It was our responsibility to take that in whatever format we wanted - I just copied and pasted to excel and printed out and took with me.

Then we set one room (who was not planning on changing rooms) who would have a white board on their door - and if you changed rooms - you just went to that room and wrote your change on the board - such as 7518 is now XXXX - - we asked all changes be noted on the door by the end of t first night and we didn't give out any gifts until day 2 to make sure we got all the changes.

I like this idea!! I also vote for the smaller gifts dropped off randomly. Since we have a somewhat small group and 7 nights I think this would be most fun. On a different note, does anyone know if Shutters still does the photo cd? I'm going to try to search the forum to see, but I'm not the best at it. We purchased the cd when we were on the Wonder last year and I thought it was definitely worth it. I am a total picture freak and can never pick out just a few!

Went shopping today and bought the goodies for the adults for the FE...still need to get the kiddies done! Can't wait for the cruise...I need it desperately! :flower1:

We (me, my DH and our 2 children (daughter: 10; son:7)) will be on the Nov. 6th EC cruise. It will be our 10th Disney Cruise, but we have never participated in Disney Meets before. We didn't even know about them (or this site) until someone mentioned it on our last cruise! Is it too late to join this meet?

Thank you and happy cruising!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter