Mid-July Cruising?

Royal put out the requirements for the July/August sailings.
View attachment 576866

Also, this is cool, Adventure of the Seas was in Port Canaveral yesterday to get the crew vaccinated, and the cruise director (Hugo Arenas) is there getting things ready and dropped a quick message for those starting out on the June 12th sailing out of Nassau:

Where did you get the letter that is posted? We're booked for July out of Galveston and haven't seen anything...will check with my wife to have her check her email account.

from https://www.miamiherald.com/article251674538.html

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention gave its first green light for test cruises to Royal Caribbean Group Tuesday.

The cruise company will be able to conduct simulated cruises with volunteer passengers in July to test out its COVID-19 protocols from PortMiami on its Freedom of the Seas ship. The test cruises are a requirement for ships that are not guaranteeing most passengers and crew on board are vaccinated against COVID-19 before revenue cruises can begin."

looks like Freedom of the Seas will be the first (Announced) test cruise June 20-22 .

With test cruises in late June has anyone heard if they plan to cancel July sailings? In a way kind of screwing us as if canceled would like to make alternative plans so summer's not a loss if they cancel last minute. At this point can likely only get future cruise credit versus full refund, which next year the price for the same cruise / same itinerary / same time is 26% more.

MSC Virtuosa got back from the first restarted UK sailing today with no problems. That's another great sign. Check in is open for the Adventure of the Seas cruise for Nassau now. Celebrity Edge on June 26th, The brand new Odyssey and Carnival's new Mardi Gras are crossing the Atlantic heading to Florida. Still lots of positive signs.

Well our cruise was canceled, but I must say I appreciate finally knowing. We chose the Lift & Shift option to two weeks before or after initial cruise date in same cabin with only delta in cost being taxes / port fees. Now we can go forward with our alternative vacation plans for this summer!

We are booked for July 17 out of Miami, still not cancelled, so we're hopeful and doubtful at the same time...
So our July 17 cruise from Miami was cancelled; our ship will start sailing out of Galveston starting in mid-August. Good news is, we were moved to Odyssey of the Seas from Fort Lauderdale for the same date and almost same itinerary. Labadee was replaced with Falmouth, Jamaica (sort of unfortunate, but now my girls can swim with dolphins for $109 each!) and the order of the itinerary changed, but otherwise stayed the same. Our travel agent also said she spoke to Royal and all of our cruise planner purchases will be moved with us (which I hope is true considering the amount of time I spent stalking the RCL site to book the lowest price lol). Hopefully this time we're a go (this is the second time we've been moved for the same sailing).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter