Mid June vs Early Sept weather?

gottalovepluto

DIS Veteran
I have a few Labor Day-ish Sept trips under my belt so I’m trying to use that to get an idea of what a mid/late June trip might be like.

What am I looking at weather wise? Is it generally as hot as Labor Day? Similar storms with less chances of hurricanes? A little googling said June is the wettest month in FL so I’m wondering if it’s less of an afternoon storm situation and more likely to see all day type storms? (I’m certain it’s going to be noticeably more crowded as early Sept has been shockingly quiet around labor day the last couple years.)

Wow, living in FL and I've always thought it's way more rainy from July-Sept, compared to June. If I can choose between June or Sept, June hands down. It will still be hot but not as hot and not as humid as Sept and not in the full on throws of hurricane season. Hurricanes can happen in June but the strong, intense storms are usually later in the season. You can get the pop up afternoon showers like July/Aug/Sept but imo, I prefer June over the rest of the summer. Crowds will probably be worse in June as you mentioned but I've never found our June visits to be insanely busy.

Wow, living in FL and I've always thought it's way more rainy from July-Sept, compared to June. If I can choose between June or Sept, June hands down. It will still be hot but not as hot and not as humid as Sept and not in the full on throws of hurricane season. Hurricanes can happen in June but the strong, intense storms are usually later in the season. You can get the pop up afternoon showers like July/Aug/Sept but imo, I prefer June over the rest of the summer. Crowds will probably be worse in June as you mentioned but I've never found our June visits to be insanely busy.
That's nice to hear!

I have a few Labor Day-ish Sept trips under my belt so I’m trying to use that to get an idea of what a mid/late June trip might be like.

What am I looking at weather wise? Is it generally as hot as Labor Day? Similar storms with less chances of hurricanes? A little googling said June is the wettest month in FL so I’m wondering if it’s less of an afternoon storm situation and more likely to see all day type storms? (I’m certain it’s going to be noticeably more crowded as early Sept has been shockingly quiet around labor day the last couple years.)
I agree. I would pick June over September.

We've done both several times--it seems pretty similar to us (but we're from GA so the heat and humidity are pretty routine for us).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter