Might be sharing Illuminations Cruise, but. . . .

TZMOM

DIS Veteran
after it's over, will I have a hard time getting back to ASMo? How would you all get back to the hotel after it's over??? Would I be able to walk back to Epcot then get a bus to ASMo or would it be too late? Thanks for your help!! The cruise will be on a Sunday night.

I don't think you can get back through Epcot after Illuminations has concluded (especially by the time the boat docks and you get back to the international gateway entrance). You could give it a try and explain to the CM's what you are trying to do.

However, we have been at the Epcot areas Hotels after Epcot hours when we stayed at the Wilderness Lodge. What we did was catch a bus to DD and then take the Wilderness Lodge bus from DD back to the hotel.

You could try the same thing for ASMo.

We did the same thing this Jan. I had the same concerns but it was real simple. We just walked from the boat dock through the hotel lobby and turned left to get to bus stop. (Total of 5 mins). Took the bus to downtown Disney and caught the connection back to ASMO. Whole trip took about 45mins, we were lucky both buses were right there when we arrived. We had a back up plan because I wasn't sure how it would work out--Cm at ASMO said for about $7/8 we could get a cab back, they gave me the number and there was a payphone right where you get the cruise. The illuminations cruise is so fantastic transportation back will be the least of your worries.

Ask the Captain to drop you off at the International Gateway Dock after Illuminations. Then you can easily just walk back through EPCOT (You will probably need your ticket to do this, but I'm not sure about that) to the front entrance and your bus.

The family we shared our cruise with did this and it worked out just fine for them. Our cruise was 2/22/02 so this is current info.

Enjoy the cruise!

I was wondering the same thing, I'm staying at CBR and didn't know how to get back to the buses or if I should use my rental car.

We were also dropped off at the International Gateway. They make you really hop out quickly, as technically, they're not supposed to dock there because of the Friendship boats. Our captail happily obliged and dropped us off, then went to Boardwalk to drop the rest of the cruise off.

Holly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter