Might do another live trip report...(ok I will do! This is it!)

Lovely day - and a lovely car :) How much was it?

I wasn't having a dig about you not going to the parks, was just interested as DH and I see ourselves having trips to Orlando similar to yours once Daniel has left home. I wondered if it would be weird to go and not do any parks.

We always come home saying 'If only we'd had a few more days...' :rotfl:

Another busy day! And it was certainly 'scorchio'! At one point this afternoon the car was showing the outside temperature as 98 degrees F.

We took quite a few photos but I guess not eveyone's a petrolhead, so I'll only post one of (probably) the most expensive car we saw there. The Bugatti Veyron. There were also Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Rolls Royces, Bentleys, Aston Martins, Jaguars, Lotuses as well as classic American cars.
Thankfully a bit of sunshine here now but nothing like 98.:thumbsup2

Would love to see more pics, I can then choose for when I win the lottery, never heard of a Bugatti Veyron but it looks good enough to get on my short list.

I wasn't having a dig about you not going to the parks, was just interested as DH and I see ourselves having trips to Orlando similar to yours once Daniel has left home. I wondered if it would be weird to go and not do any parks.
Last Feb we had a trip doing less parks, Days at St Augustine, Clearwater, Port Canaveral, shuttle launch, Airboats etc. Wouldn't hesitate doing it again, there is far more than theme parks in Florida.:goodvibes

Would love to see more pics, I can then choose for when I win the lottery, never heard of a Bugatti Veyron but it looks good enough to get on my short list.

Will have to show my DS the picture of the Bugatti Veyron - The fastest car in the world, faster than Formula 1 cars - not that you can really drive it anywhere at its top speed - the newer super sport model can go 267mph!!

If you had one of those super cars and there wasn't a thing called the ocean in the way you could drive to Florida in about 16 hours!! :rotfl2:

we are the same, we spend less time in the parks now as we want to explore more of the 'real' florida. we have been to state parks, boc tower st pete, clearwater etc and love it! I bought a book called 'florida on a tankful' which has a few good places in it.
info also here http://www.cfnews13.com/florida-tankful.html
hopefully we will be joining sil gaylie on the road trip too!
Julie, loving your trip report and all the different things you are doing, how did you get to know about these places?
have you been to http://wgriverranch.com/ we wanted to go last year but never got around to it!

I think the car was over $2m!

No. I didn't think you were having a dig! :)

Sea World now. After breakfast at First Watch.

See y'all later!

we are the same, we spend less time in the parks now as we want to explore more of the 'real' florida. we have been to state parks, boc tower st pete, clearwater etc and love it! I bought a book called 'florida on a tankful' which has a few good places in it.
info also here http://www.cfnews13.com/florida-tankful.html
hopefully we will be joining sil gaylie on the road trip too!
Julie, loving your trip report and all the different things you are doing, how did you get to know about these places?
have you been to http://wgriverranch.com/ we wanted to go last year but never got around to it!

Thanks for the info about the book and the link, Jeanette. We haven't been to Westgate River Ranch - yet! Thanks for the tip. We'll add it to the list.

We find out about these different things on the internet - by reading this forum, also DH keeps his eye on the DIBB forum, and the Attraction Tickets Direct forum. I also look at Travelzoo and Groupon for deals in the Orlando area. That's how we got half price tickets for the Festival of Speed.

We keep an eye out for things throughout the year. :)

Another hot one! In the nineties again! Definitely scorchio.

We went to First Watch for breakfast. We both ordered the 'traditional breakfast' - item 1 on the menu - and were looking forward to it. We'd eaten there before on previous trips and enjoyed it.

It arrived and all seemed fine.

IMG_00000163.jpg

Disappointingly, the food wasn't very hot and the potatoes weren't cooked properly. We told the waitress and she did offer to get the kitchen to cook us another one each. As we were keen to get to the park, we declined. I'm also always reluctant to accept a replacement meal if I ever send food back. You never really know if the chef might take his/her revenge!

Such a shame. We've had so many excellent meals this holiday. We were not expecting this at First Watch.

Good day at Sea World though. Had some really great dolphin interaction on two occasions during the day too.

We had dinner at the Cheesecake Factory at Mall at Millenia, which has been on our 'to do' list for about 3 years. The menu is huge! So much choice! We both ordered burgers. Looks like our bad luck was still with us. DH likes his cooked 'med/well' - but it turned out to be really rare in parts.

IMG_00000165.jpg

IMG_00000164.jpg

We told the waitress and again he was offered a replacement but declined. They did, however, not charge us for his meal.

It's unusual for us to ever complain and send food back -but it seems incredible that we ended up doing it twice today!

We did go for a piece of the cheesecake each, though. I also got a photo of the options available - to share with you all!

My choice - the Original.

IMG_00000171.jpg

DH's choice - Blueberry.

IMG_00000170.jpg

The options on display......

IMG_00000166.jpg

Finally -our last problem of the day! We went to Florida Mall to return something to Gap - only to find that a power cut had shut down about half of the shops. Yes - including Gap!

Ah well. Sometimes things don't go to plan. :)

Busch Gardens again tomorrow (day 14 already!).

Thanks for the info about the book and the link, Jeanette. We haven't been to Westgate River Ranch - yet! Thanks for the tip. We'll add it to the list.

Ooops! DH has just told me that we had the Sat night rodeo at the ranch on our list - just had too many other things to do this trip!

Hi Wayne. As requested. :goodvibes

IMG_00000103.jpg

IMG_00000100.jpg

What a shame about your foodx2

Just one of those things, I guess. We've been so lucky with food for the rest of the time here, it was just a bit of a surprise when we got something a little below par.

Hope you had a good day at MK.

Just a quick update on today.

Breakfast at Bob Evans. Although Sandra wasn't around today, service was still very efficient.

IMG_00000172.jpg

Weather forecasts this morning were warning of potential rail and thunderstorms in the Orlando area and further east so we were pleased we'd planned to go back to Busch Gardens again.

Weather was good over in Tampa all day. Very hot. As we left at about 5:30 pm the car was showing external temperature as 94 degrees F.

We both really enjoyed the day there again. Although we did some of the same things as we'd done last week, we were able to do many different things too.

Ate at Manny's again on the way back, after calling ahead.

IMG_00000173.jpg

Back to Aquatica tomorrow, as long as the weather is ok.

After we left there we decided to visit Wilderness Lodge, which we'd never been to before, and to walk the nature trail between there and Fort Wilderness. We then caught the boat back via the Contemporary Resort.

Julie, just catching up with your trippie and loving it, the above has given me a great idea for occupying the kids one late afternoon when we're out there in August :)

Enjoy the rest of your trip

After we left there we decided to visit Wilderness Lodge, which we'd never been to before, and to walk the nature trail between there and Fort Wilderness. We then caught the boat back via the Contemporary Resort.

Julie, just catching up with your trippie and loving it, the above has given me a great idea for occupying the kids one late afternoon when we're out there in August :)

Enjoy the rest of your trip

Thanks! It's by reading other people's reports and just generally surfing the net that we have found a lot of ideas for our trip.

It's good to share! :rotfl:

Day 15 - not many left now. :(

We wanted to get to Aquatica for opening today, so were up and about early-ish.

Breakfast was at Denny's today.

IMG_00000174.jpg

Had another fun day at Aquatica - except for the thunderstorm and downpour just after 1pm which lasted about an hour. It did soon brighten up again after that though.

Left the park just after 4 to go to Gap at Florida Mall after the failed attempt the other day. :) Were also pleased to hear of Blackpool's success in the playoffs!

Decided to go for dinner to Celebration Town Tavern which we'd never been to before. We really enjoyed it and plan to go back again.

We shared the onion rings appetiser.

IMG_00000175.jpg

I had the Cape Cobb Salad (with lobster)

IMG_00000177.jpg

DH had the Turkey Stack

IMG_00000176.jpg

We then sat in the rocking chairs at the lake for a little while. It was a lovely evening. A young boy was being taught to fish by his grandfather. Familes were strolling around. Very pleasant and peaceful.

We then treated ourselves at Kilwins. DH had his favourite vanilla shake and I tried the limited edition salted caramel ice cream.

IMG_00000179.jpg

We're going to have a very early start tomorrow. We're going over to Anna Maria Island for the day.

Will let you all know how it goes!

Anyone got any 'must do's' for us tomorrow?

Any recommendations for Anna Maria Island or en route?

Wonderful day at Anna Maria island. Even lucky enough to see wild manatees and a dolphin while we were there.

Great breakfast on Rod and Reel pier.

Full report to follow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter