Military AP question

HollyJoy

DIS Veteran
We could obtain AP at the Military rate if my FIL purchases them for us. My question is, is he actually able to do so? I know that the AP's are assigned by name to the holder of the pass. We are not military. How would that work?

I don't see why not. We've always bought tickets for others at SoG, and I don't see why APs would be any different.

Oh how I'm hoping that you are right!! The only problem I can see is if they require a Military I.D. for the I.D. shown with the AP at the gate..?

When you buy a military AP, you receive a voucher at Shades of Green. When you go to redeem the voucher at the gate, you are required to show a military ID. We've been asked to show military IDs for all adult tickets. You could probably get away with it for the kids passes, but not for the adult passes.

Now, someone will probably post that they haven't had to show an ID, but we always have, in the 7 years that we've had APs. One time, I forgot my ID, and had to go back to the hotel to get it so that I could activate my AP. This only pertains to the initial exchange of the voucher. I've only been asked to show my military ID 2-3 times when using my pass. Usually because of a problem with the finger reader. HTH!

Okay, I decided to call Disney Guest Relations and see what they would tell me. I got a wonderful cast member on the phone, who happened to be retired military herself! :goodvibes I regret that I didn't get her name, for she really went the extra mile for me to find the answer to my question. She ended up calling SOG herself and was told that my FIL CAN purchase AP's for us. Of course he has to use his ID to do so, and that his military ID is only need to PICK UP THE VOUCHERS. The CM said that once we get to WDW, we will only need our drivers license to validate and get our passes. Once we have the vouchers, that voucher proves we have qualified for our AP's. When my FIL purchases them, the vouchers will be assigned to us by our names. Since we are being sponsored, a military i.d. is not necessary for us. :cool1: What I'd really like to do is talk to someone actually at the Guest Relations office at MK or Downtown Disney (where'd we'd validate) and see what they say.

Thanks for everyone's help!

Holly,

That's a great change! We're travelling with family on two different trips (Sept and Jan). I'm glad to hear that we'll be able to pick up APs for them... I was thinking we would have to go with the regular tickets. This is much better :).

Definately! I'm wondering if your AP vouchers were coded differently since you actually are military id holders?

HollyJoy- I would definately check with Disney before you buy the military A.P.'s. We are a military family so I have had much experience with SOG. Unfortunately, I have had them mess up some things for us in the past. Just be safe and check with Disney before spending all of that money. I was told that in order for people to use military tickets(themselves not being military)they had to be traveling with the military sponser. Last summer, I saw some people being turned away the the MK gate because they were using miltary tickets and didn't have a military person among them! Rather safe than sorry. :goodvibes

We did travel with my FIL last year using the park hopper passes that he purchased for us. They were the paper passes, and looked like everyone elses. He wasn't always w/us, and we didn't have a problem.

We did travel with my FIL last year using the park hopper passes that he purchased for us. They were the paper passes, and looked like everyone elses. He wasn't always w/us, and we didn't have a problem. These were not the Stars and Stripes tickets. They are Disney tickets purchased at a discounted rate.

I'm one of those people that has never been asked to show my military ID when I've turned in the vouchers to get the actual AP. And I've bought passes at ITT as gifts many times for people that went to WDW without us, and there has never been any problem.

BuckNaked said:
I'm one of those people that has never been asked to show my military ID when I've turned in the vouchers to get the actual AP. And I've bought passes at ITT as gifts many times for people that went to WDW without us, and there has never been any problem.

What is ITT?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter