Military Room Discount

Ducky0615

Mouseketeer
Disney states the the military member must be present at the time of check in, or the person checking in must be a spouse. How does that work for someone who is not legally married to the individual and that person is deployed?

I would like to take my son in the spring of 2023, however my significant other will be deployed and not able to go. Our son is listed as his dependent, but I am not as he is just my partner and we are not married.

Thanks in advance!

Disney states the the military member must be present at the time of check in, or the person checking in must be a spouse.

Not a military family, so no first hand info on this. But what you posted seems pretty clear, if that’s the rule. Copied from the website. :

Important Details

• The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited.
  • Length of stay requirements may apply.
  • Valid military ID will be required upon check-in and military member (or spouse) must stay in the room.
  • May not be combined with any other discount or promotion.

The military member or the spouse must check in. Do you have an ID same as a spouse would? It doesn’t seem to apply for just dependents or anyone could take the child of a military member & get the discount. Seems you’re not eligible if you’re not a spouse. 🤷🏻‍♀️

But again, no first hand knowledge. Hopefully someone else who has used this discount will answer too.

Last edited:
Disney states the the military member must be present at the time of check in, or the person checking in must be a spouse. How does that work for someone who is not legally married to the individual and that person is deployed?

I would like to take my son in the spring of 2023, however my significant other will be deployed and not able to go. Our son is listed as his dependent, but I am not as he is just my partner and we are not married.

Thanks in advance!

You are not eligible for this discount. It's not for dependents, it is only for active duty/retired servicemembers and their spouse. Your child's ID card will not work.

Thanks all, I figured it would most likely not work.

It just seems unfortunate that strictly because we aren't "married", yet we have been and are in a long term relationship with a child who is his dependent and would be the one benefiting that we aren't considered.

It just seems unfortunate that strictly because we aren't "married", yet we have been and are in a long term relationship with a child who is his dependent and would be the one benefiting that we aren't considered.

Not to get too personal, but there are a plethora of perks to being a married military couple that you are missing out on by not being married. This is just one more of them.

Unmarried partners not qualifying for certain benefits is not that unusual in the private sector either. Some companies let you file “domestic partners” paperwork so the other person can get benefits like health insurance. But many companies do not. You must be legally married for the partner to qualify for those benefits. Doesn’t matter how long the relationship is. It’s just one of those things you have to consider in your life decisions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter