Military Ticket Offer - Questions and Latest Info

I have his retirement papers....will have to look for the DD214.

We leave next Friday and none of the ITT offices think they will have the vouchers in by then. I'm hoping to have a final answer from someone with authority before then.

Did you record it with your local clerk?

I recorded DH's after the last time he needed it and couldn't find it anywhere.
Now, if I ever need it and can't find it... I can pop down to the courthouse and get a copy easily.

Good luck with that. It's very import to keep the 214 safe, I have seen a lot of vets need their's for VA claims. Recording it is a great idea. Make sure you only take a copy with you.

Does anyone know if you can add dining to these tickects? Also, anyone know anything about the 40% off of the rooms? I have been trying to get in touch with someone about it, but no one has called me back.

Does anyone know if you can add dining to these tickects? Also, anyone know anything about the 40% off of the rooms? I have been trying to get in touch with someone about it, but no one has called me back.

You can't add dining to the tickets. You can, however, get a dining plan with the 40% military discount on rooms. I think the dining plan is associated with a resort stay, not with the theme park tickets. You have to call Disney to reserve. Just call them and tell them your dates, and they'll tell you what is available under the discount (the code is MYV if you need it, but by this point I'd think all the CM's are aware of this plan -- LOL!) When I called, the CM told me that values, moderates and deluxes were available. I didn't get the dining plan with it (we've done the math and for us, it wouldn't be cost effective), but others have gotten a dining plan. From reading the board, you can't get the deluxe dining plan with the military discount code, but you can get the basic one. Just keep trying to get through and I'm sure you will soon. Have a great time!

-Dorothy (LadyZolt)

Revised Military Ticket Offer Details

Apologies.. I made some incorrect assumptions based on the information given earlier this week. Here's the revised and correct info.. There's some good news and some not so good news in the revisions below.

When upgrading these tickets, the pricing will NOT be bridged to the 5 day base ticket price. This is NEW information. They will be credited only for the price paid.

Just as any other ticket, if upgraded to an annual product the expiration date of the AP will be one year from the date of first use of the original ticket.

This promotion will begin on 1/4/09 and end on 12/23/09. Tickets will expire on 12/23/09 and have no block-out dates. These tickets do not expire after 14 days... They will expire when fully used OR December 23, 2009.

Companion tickets may be upgraded to add park hopping, WPFM or to an annual pass anytime between January 4th -December 23, 2009. These tickets do NOT expire in 14 days as previously thought

well if you have to pay full cost to upgrade to an annual pass then what the 'heck'.. why even bother with this offer if you were going to buy annual passes?

It only gives the original service person a free 5 day ticket.......

only seems worth the trouble if you were only going to use the 5 day companion $99 ticket.

Hey Knox, there is a thread going on stating that retired reservists who have not reached the age of 60 are not eligible for the tickets. Do you know anything about this?
Here is the thread http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2051275

My BIL is a retired navy reservist but has not reached the age of 60 (when they get more benefits).

You'll have to call Shades of Green or we'll have to wait for Cheshire_Figment to chime in on this. Retired is retired in my book, but then, I am most definitely not the military. :)

I was on the old thread, and still waiting on a reply to Disney about my IRR reservist DH... to find out whether or not his orders which do not state "Active Duty Orders" but instead "Orders to Report for Duty" and state in them he will go inactive after this duty.. will qualify us.

Just wanting to give the information so that whenever I reply back with my email... people will know my situation. :) OH, and to subscribe ;)

Sounds to me like you should be fine. I'd call Shades of Green resort and ask for details.

Knox,

Apology accepted. Thanks for all you do to keep us informed. I will be happy with my $39 saving on my AP from UCT:)

Now what do you make of this statement? Any inside scoop?

• The military personnel (or spouse) will be required to present valid military identification (which, for activated members of the National Guard or Reservists, also includes orders showing active status after Jan. 1, 2008) for all ticket transactions (including to activate tickets, and/or redeem exchange certificates for tickets, at Main Entrance theme park ticket windows). A valid ID may also be required for admission.

My DH will have a companion ticket. We will be with DBIL (active military) for the first 3 days and then he leaves. Will my husband be able to get in the gate the last two days?

Thanks!

Stephanie

Steph: That means that you will need ID to match the name on the ticket. This is so the same ticket can't be used by different individuals. You'll be fine to enter the parks are your DBIL leaves, but you will need regular state issued ID to match the name on the ticket in case the finger scan fails etc. Exactly the same as an annual pass etc.

Dining is tied to your resort stay. Call Disney Reservations (1-407-W-DISNEY) and speak to a reservation's agent about the military discount. They should be able to pull up the booking code and eligibility requirements and check your dates for availability.

:)

Can you get this cleared up along with the question about what constitutes being "activated" for a reservist? Is it their weekend drill and two week training or is it more than that?

subbing...I am also trying to figure this out. CRO told my TA that any orders will work, including for AT, and allowed her to book a room at the discount. Still, I've also read that they will have copies of activiation orders to compare with, and may not allow it.

What I'm wondering is why even bring up the Reserve status when all Active Duty members need is their ID. The two ID's are exactly the same. For the tickets, we are just planning to show the ID and not get into status. (although of course we won't lie if asked)

Revised Military Ticket Offer Details

Apologies.. I made some incorrect assumptions based on the information given earlier this week. Here's the revised and correct info.. There's some good news and some not so good news in the revisions below.

So where are the Guest Relations/Travel Planner Windows? Is this where we have to go to get the tickets now, rather than the Theme Park Main Entrance Ticket Windows at WDW? Thanks for the info Knox and anybody that can help!

I have a question. We would like to buy the 5 campanion vouchers in Feb. when son and girl friend are visiting. (We are spending 2 months in Florida). We will activate and they will use their tickets at this time. The other 3 vouchers I would like to activate in September when I (spouse of retiree) travel to WDW with daughter and sisters. My husband and I have DVC annual passes so we will not need the free ticket or one of the campanion tickets. I know we can't give anyone the free ticket but we would like to give family the campanion tickets. Can we do this?

Thanks for any insight
Linda

I have a question. We would like to buy the 5 campanion vouchers in Feb. when son and girl friend are visiting. (We are spending 2 months in Florida). We will activate and they will use their tickets at this time. The other 3 vouchers I would like to activate in September when I (spouse of retiree) travel to WDW with daughter and sisters. My husband and I have DVC annual passes so we will not need the free ticket or one of the campanion tickets. I know we can't give anyone the free ticket but we would like to give family the campanion tickets. Can we do this?

Thanks for any insight
Linda

Thanks for posting this, I have a similar question. My father is Navy Retired (20 years). He, my mother, brother, and nephew are going to Disney World in June. They would need the free ticket and 3 companion tickets for that trip. Could we get two additional companion tickets to be activated later for the trip my mother, sister, MIL, niece and I will be making in September. I'll have a DVC AP, and niece will be turning 3 on the trip so neither of us needs a ticket, but this could save us around $300 on the second trip if the companion tickets can be used over the two trips. If it helps my mother holds a military ID in her own right as a spouse.

What I'm wondering is why even bring up the Reserve status when all Active Duty members need is their ID. The two ID's are exactly the same. For the tickets, we are just planning to show the ID and not get into status. (although of course we won't lie if asked)

Soldiers ID cards are the same-but dependants are not so if you had to show yours you will be caught out-even my orange ID says active NG on it.
Im a moderator on a mil spouse board and we are also trying to get clarification on what consitutes Active orders-if they have copies they can just look at the bottom for the title 32/10 designation to tell if they are AT orders or mob orders.

So where are the Guest Relations/Travel Planner Windows? Is this where we have to go to get the tickets now, rather than the Theme Park Main Entrance Ticket Windows at WDW? Thanks for the info Knox and anybody that can help!

Guest relations at the entrance to any theme park can help. You can not get these tickets at your resorts (except Shades of Green).

Thanks for any insight
Linda

Activate all 5 vouchers on your first trip and supply the names of everyone. Then just use the tickets you need on that trip and save the others til later. They do not expire.

HOWEVER - My understanding is that the entire party must be present at the time of the purchase and conversion from voucher to ticket. This may present an obstacle.

Thanks for posting this, I have a similar question. My father is Navy Retired (20 years). He, my mother, brother, and nephew are going to Disney World in June. They would need the free ticket and 3 companion tickets for that trip. Could we get two additional companion tickets to be activated later for the trip my mother, sister, MIL, niece and I will be making in September. I'll have a DVC AP, and niece will be turning 3 on the trip so neither of us needs a ticket, but this could save us around $300 on the second trip if the companion tickets can be used over the two trips. If it helps my mother holds a military ID in her own right as a spouse.

See above. I believe the entire party has to be present and the vouchers must all be activated at the same time.

Re: Reservists:

Activated members of the National Guard or Reservists must present active duty orders in addition to valid Military ID.

Re: Deployed Spouse
If active members of the U.S. Military are unable to come to the Walt Disney World Resort during the offer period, their spouses may purchase the 5-Day Disney’s Armed Forces Salute Companion Tickets one time during this period for up to 5 family members and/or friends (including the spouse).

Re: Applying previously purchased but unused tickets to this offer

This can be done. The maximum value of tickets applied can not exceed the value of the new Military Companion Tickets.

RE: Applying previously purchased and partially used tickets to this offer

This may be done on a case by case basis. Or it may not. See a Guest Relations CM for details on how to proceed.

RE: Entire party not present for voucher activation

This will not be allowed. All ticket receipients must be present and must sign their ticket prior to leaving the Guest Relations window.

I have a question with regard to dependents being able to purchase the companion tickets. Is that restricted to spouses only?

My DD is a dependent, her father is active duty airforce. I however am not a depdendent. She is only 10 yrs old....can she still purchase the companion tickets? :confused3

I have a question with regard to dependents being able to purchase the companion tickets. Is that restricted to spouses only?

My DD is a dependent, her father is active duty airforce. I however am not a depdendent. She is only 10 yrs old....can she still purchase the companion tickets? :confused3

Unaccompanied spouses purchasing the 5-Day Disney’s Armed Forces Salute Companion Tickets must present valid and active U.S. Military I.D. Spouses of activated members of the National Guard or Reservists must present active duty orders in addition to valid Military ID.

It would seem that someone (You or DD) would need to present military ID as noted above.

Thanks for the quick response.

My DD has a dependent military ID which states her Dad is active duty. My concern is because it specifies spouse and she is a minor at 10 years old. I wasn't sure she would qualify.

Does anybody have a definite answer on eligibility for reservists? DH is drilling once a month and 2 weeks year training. Does thE 2 weeks count as "active orders"?? Disney's wording is so confusing about this. Any reservists out there doing active drilling that have gotten the tickets? Trip planned for February. Hope to have a clearer picture before we leave.
Thanks,
FIRENURSE

Would he be able to get there to buy her ticket?

My dh might not want to hear they don't actually expire after 14 days after all because then I want to go for 2 weekends this year :rotfl: . We were only going to do one, use our passes and he was going to get the freebie and then just lose his 2 days (we only have 3 days on ours) haha not now if I get my way.

The 40% off code is listed around here somewhere, I want to say it's MYV but please don't hold me to that. Email dreams unlimited, they were able to find me something with the 40% off code but certain resorts are out already. I would check into shades of green even with the 40% SOG is cheaper. But we are a party of 5 and that knocks out values for us :(.

Re: Reservists:

Re: Applying previously purchased but unused tickets to this offer

This can be done. The maximum value of tickets applied can not exceed the value of the new Military Companion Tickets.

RE: Entire party not present for voucher activation

This will not be allowed. All ticket receipients must be present and must sign their ticket prior to leaving the Guest Relations window.

Sorry to bug you.
1. I currently have a 4/3 deal and if I go with the mandatory 1 day ticket to get the Deluxe Dining, in theory, I should be able to use this 1 day ticket towards the $99 complimentary tickets and just keep DH's for future use?

2. I guess that this means that we can't make 2 trips out of these tickets since I only need 2 of the 5 complimentary ones and was wishing I could save the remaining 3 for us later in the year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter