Minnie Marathon 2007 -- WISH Roster (see post 1 for WISH Meets Info!)

I just got back from the expo....dodged out of the last conference talk of the day a little bit early :rolleyes1
I got so excited seeing everyone walking around with the Minnie bags!

Hopefully I will be at EOS tomorrow - there's a buy 6 get one free card for them in the race packet! :woohoo: My conference is over at 1:30 tomorrow, then I have to come home and pick up DH and the suitcase before we head back out and check in to All Star Sports (decided to stay the weekend). With any luck, all of that will be done by 4:30. I guess we can swing by even if we're late, eh?

See everyone soon!

I wish I had some lime green on today at the expo.....I kind of went on a whim since I was originally planning to go tomorrow. Oh well. I'll be in my lime on Sunday regardless!

When I got home I was showing DH all of my "loot" and he looked at me and said very sarcastically: excited, huh?

That's ok, he'll be like this at the finish line: :cheer2: Pom Pons and all.

I'm BAAACCCKKKK!!!!!!!

WOW, what a weekend!!! I cannot tell you how much fun I had!!!!

I will post a trip report, but I wanted to thank a bunch of people......I am really bad a remembering names so bear with me...

First off, THANK YOU to the Dis'er who made the sponges...you saved my life!!!! I cannot tell you how many times I used that thing during the minnie!!! thanks to yor DH too for helping make them....:thumbsup2

Thanks to Cam and Rhonda, Cam thanks for lending me your WISH shirt, I was sooooo happy to have been wearing it, and thanks to both of you for encouraging my girls...there was a time that I thought we were going to have to quit cause they thought they couldn't make it, the pep talk really helped thank you soooo much!!!!

Thanks to everyone who asked about my back too...it was so thoughtful!!! I was very nervous, and even though I woke up this morning and could barely move, I was so glad I didn't miss out on the Minnie!!! Hopefully I will be getting htat epidural shot this week or next.

Thank you to whoever gave us the gu at about mile 3...we didn't wind up using it, but the thought was very much appriciated!!!!

Thank you to everyone who stayed after to cheer us at the finish line, my DH and DD couldn't be there, but the next best thing to family is my Dis'ers!!!!! Let me just tell you...WISH ROCKS!!!!!!!!!

Thank you to the people who volunteered there time to cheer us on during the race, and to haneout powerade and water!!!

OK, I am sure there are more people that I need to thank, but I will do that later when I remember:laughing:

A little later I will do a trip report, but I had a blast!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone!!!!!

I am home!!!!! WOW it was such an amazing weekend.

It was so great meeting you all, now to talk DH into either the ToT or 1/2 wish me luck.

Yes the sponges where a life saver, Carrie thank you for those. I an't wait to see all the photos!!

I will be back to post more later just wanted to stop in and say hi!!!

Kim

Hi guys!

I can't remember who I met and who I didn't, but I think I covered almost everyone. I was so nervous before the race and spaced out after that I really wasn't even sure what planet I was on. We ended up coming home Sunday evening because we were both so tired and just wanted to be in our own bed. But it was great to meet everyone!

I already looked at the pics on disneyrunning.com - they were great! I have some of you crossing the finish line so I'll post those soon.

Congrats to everyone!

Official times are up.

DD finished in a chip time of 1:51:10
I was in at 2:07:20.

Wahooo.......

Kim

Good job Kim!
I was 1:36:45 - DH said two DISers crossed the line before me. I know one was Stephanie, who was the other one?

Two other questions:

1) anyone know where to go to see the pics the photographers were taking?

2) what race is everyone doing next?

We were thinking RFTT, but I realized my friend will be in town and she really doesn't want to run it with us. So maybe ToT? Anyone else?

Hi, Erica! :wave: It was great meeting you! ASI will send out an email to tell us officailly when the pictures are up. Before then, we'll hear on this board first!!:lmao: Anne

Great job everyone! It was so fun to put faces with names! And super thanks to Anne for welcoming DH and I so warmly on Sat. I was nervous meeting everyone and she made me feel like an old friend!

Erica--Vicki/Tinks finished soon after DH and I. And Angie finished before me, but she wasn't wearing a WISH shirt. And I see that Anne already directed you to ASI--I think the website is www.asiorders.com. ANd after talking to Angie and her DH at JR, DH now wants to do RFTT. Mainly b/c for $68 you can get a park ticket w/your registration fee. Don't now how he thinks we're gonna swing that since we're running the Akron Marathon the weekend before--he's become more of a Disney addict than me!

Just got home today. WHat a wonderful weekend!!! It was great to meet all of you!! It's hard to remeber names the first time. It will get easier! Plus, we'll have to post names with pics. That will help.

Many of us are doing Chicago Distance classic in August.

Yeah, I did it! My first ever race was the 5K this past weekend. It was great weather, and I saw a few WISH members, and waved good luck or good job, but didn't have a chance to chat since I was meeting a friend.

I didn't get swept, and I have a medal to prove it. My official time was 40 min 23 seconds. Since I didn't start running until the end of February, and I have had inconsistant training due to illness, children's activities, and vacation...I am pretty darn proud.

Who would ever have thought that I would have the courage to try this or enjoy it?!? I felt great throughtout the race, and just really had a wonderful run. It was such a positive experience. I am addicted, and I can't wait until my next race! Even dh wants to start running. Yippee!

But the best thing is that I feel and look better, and I am not out of breath going to the mailbox now. I am giving myself a healthier and hopefully, longer life. I feel rejuvenated as a wife, mother, friend, and woman.

I was surprised not to see but a few people with any medals in the parks, and none in the AKL. You better bet I wore mine. :-) Maybe we were at the less busy parks. lol

Hope everyone that ran the 5K enjoyed it as much as I did!

Kimberly- That is what it's all about!! COngrats on teh 5K!!! You should eb VERY proud of yourself!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter