Minnie Vans

What are folks experiences - good, bad, ok?

Is this a tippable service? I know if I use regular Lyft - I would tip.

We always take a cab from BWV to the Contemporary on California Grill night - and I think I spend about $20 - with tip. Would spring for the extra $5 -- if I didn't have to tip on top of that.

Also - we will need one that can accommodate an ECV - I think some of the minnie vans do - correct?

Last year I used the regular Lyft service from BLT to BC (my quick way of getting to Epcot for dinner) - price was very reasonable - even with the tip
We used the MV during our March visit from AKL to MK, we loved it. We did tip the driver and we booked it via the Lyft app- we were able to select a Minnie Van. Our driver was very very sweet and knowledgable. The Chevy Traverse is very comfy and the phone chargers are a nice bonus. Our driver also switched music from AKL to MK theming as we drove around property. I would definitely do it again since the HUGE benefit over a regular Lyft/uber is that at MK the drop off is the bus depot. Big perk and worth it. We used it for one way during our midday park break, it was leaps and bounds worth $25 + tip to avoid another bus ride.

Used it in November and will definitely use it in September for a PPO at Epcot. Not trusting the monorail!!

Definitely going to give this a try our Illumination night at Epcot. We're staying at BLT & with a five-year-old who will be tired, this will be well worth the $25 to get back to the resort faster than an hour. How available are they after the night time shows?

If I'm at a Minnie Van location it will show up as an option on my Lyft app. Good. I'm staying at Pop which is a Minne Van site so that's all good.

What if take a Minnie Van to MK and later that day want to go to Downtown Disney? Or even just back to Pop? How does the return trip work when you are starting from a non Minnie van location?

sorry, don't mean to hijack the thread.
Does anyone know if they pick up from swan? Wanted to get to chip n dale's singalong.

So you have to get the lyft app? and then call them?
The reference above about the need to call the driver was in order to get an accessible Minnie van. To summarize: use the Lyft app to request a Minnie Van and then call the driver only f you need an accessible Minnie van for an ECV.

Dave

If I'm at a Minnie Van location it will show up as an option on my Lyft app. Good. I'm staying at Pop which is a Minne Van site so that's all good.

What if take a Minnie Van to MK and later that day want to go to Downtown Disney? Or even just back to Pop? How does the return trip work when you are starting from a non Minnie van location?
Once you have stayed at a Minnie Van enabled Resort and you have Minnie Van as a vehicle choice on the Lyft app, you have Minnie Van service for good. They can come and go to any and all Disney owned properties. So you'll be fine.

The reference above about the need to call the driver was in order to get an accessible Minnie van. To summarize: use the Lyft app to request a Minnie Van and then call the driver only f you need an accessible Minnie van for an ECV.

Dave
I'll start out saying I haven't used an ECV vehicle but did have a driver tell me how to use it. So my understanding is based on that, not first hand use. The driver gave me instructions and handed me a card that you'd use to call for one.

Anyway, they said they are done differently, not with the app at all, since the app will only call for a regular Traverse, not a handicapped enabled vehicle. That there's no way to identify Handicapped van on the app so if you need the Handicapped van you do call. Bell Services should be able to provide the phone number the first time and then you'd get the business card for future use.

And unless it's changed in the past couple of months, they only have 2 handicapped vans

I would like to use this to get from BC to Hoop-Dee-Doo...
We used it from BC to Hoop Dee Doo and then took it back to BC after HDDR. As much as I love taking the boat from MK to FW, it was so much easier and quicker using the Minnie Vans and being dropped off right by Pioneer Hall. We use the minnie vans 4 times on that trip and we had great experiences and we plan on using them again in November.

Once you have stayed at a Minnie Van enabled Resort and you have Minnie Van as a vehicle choice on the Lyft app, you have Minnie Van service for good. They can come and go to any and all Disney owned properties. So you'll be fine.

So if I want to use Minnie Van's all I have to do is drop by any property that has them, the app will un-lock and I'm good for the rest of my trip?

So if I want to use Minnie Van's all I have to do is drop by any property that has them, the app will un-lock and I'm good for the rest of my trip?

The Minnie Van part has to be activated. In the past, if you have stayed at a resort that offered Minnie Van service and had the resort activate it you're all set.

If not, but if this trip you are a registered guest at a resort that is offering the service, the service will automatically activate on your check in day.

If neither of the above are true, you won't be able to use the service.

We are planning on using it to get from BLT to one of the water parks. Having to take two buses is ridiculous. I'm guessing it takes about an hour or so by bus for a 15 min ride.

We have always just hopped in a taxi to get to places like HDDR or a waterpark. It was always easy and the price seemed reasonable. Not as cute as a Minnie Van though! Are there still taxis waiting outside the resorts?

We have always just hopped in a taxi to get to places like HDDR or a waterpark. It was always easy and the price seemed reasonable. Not as cute as a Minnie Van though! Are there still taxis waiting outside the resorts?

Yes there are. The thing the Minnie Vans have going for them is that they can go places that Taxis or Ubers cannot. Such as the Front Gate of MK (as opposed to the Ticket and Transportation Center), to the individual buildings at CSR (as opposed to El Centro only), etc.

We used it from BC to Hoop Dee Doo and then took it back to BC after HDDR. As much as I love taking the boat from MK to FW, it was so much easier and quicker using the Minnie Vans and being dropped off right by Pioneer Hall. We use the minnie vans 4 times on that trip and we had great experiences and we plan on using them again in November.
Did you have to pay $25 both ways or is $25 for round trip?

No. You have to be a registered guest at one of the participating resorts first. Then you are good to go for duration of Minnie Van existence, even if you do not stay at a participating resort again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter