Missing Luggage Tags :(

camnhan

DIS Veteran
So we leave in the morning and our luggage tags are MIA. Travel agent sent them and they have still not arrived :( Soooooooooooooooooooo
I found a FAQ that stated we can still go directly to the Magical Express and give the cast member out checked bag tickets from our departure airport and they will still collect our bags and get them to the resort...

Has anyone ever done this? Did it work ok? The fact that I don't have to worry about getting my bags when we get off the plane in FL is one of the BEST things about the trip for me! I am so upset over this and really hoping that this is a possible option.

Thanks

So we leave in the morning and our luggage tags are MIA. Travel agent sent them and they have still not arrived :( Soooooooooooooooooooo
I found a FAQ that stated we can still go directly to the Magical Express and give the cast member out checked bag tickets from our departure airport and they will still collect our bags and get them to the resort...

Has anyone ever done this? Did it work ok?

Yes and yes.

Yes and yes.
Thanks! We have just had so many little things go 'wrong' or are just not as we had anticipated and this is just the icing on the cake. I am at the point that I am wondering if we should even go...I know...they are all little things and ultimately we will be at Disney and am sure we will have a great time....just tired and stressed I guess.
Thanks again...it is nice to hear that this works!

I did that a couple of years ago when I booked my flight like two days before my trip. Had no problems at all :)

We had to gate check a bag in a super full flight before and I just gave the MDE desk the claim tag and it arrived in our room with our correctly tagged bag.

Thanks! We have just had so many little things go 'wrong' or are just not as we had anticipated and this is just the icing on the cake. I am at the point that I am wondering if we should even go...I know...they are all little things and ultimately we will be at Disney and am sure we will have a great time....just tired and stressed I guess.
Thanks again...it is nice to hear that this works!

Don't get too stressed; you're going on vacation! One thing to remember at Disney is that things can and usually will change.

Has anyone ever done this? Did it work ok? The fact that I don't have to worry about getting my bags when we get off the plane in FL is one of the BEST things about the trip for me! I am so upset over this and really hoping that this is a possible option.

Thanks

Yes have done this (as they don't send the luggage tags to international bookings so we never get them in Australia). I've done it two ways, gone and given them the airline bag tags and description and they have claimed them for us and delivered to the hotel. We've also had missing bags which Disney has continued to try and locate and when they arrived, picked them up and delivered them to us (again without the Disney luggage tags, only with the airline tag and description). We have also claimed our bags on the carousel and taken them with us on the bus (which we will be doing on our upcoming trip as we arrive at 5am).
It was all very easy and worked well.
Try not to worry about it. Know that there are a lot of visitors from other countries who never get sent the Disney luggage tags, so Disney are used to having people without them and have their system in place for those who don't have them.

Thanks everyone! We are currently waiting to board our plane so this takes one little piece off my mind! See ya soon!!!

You can use a TA and still book your own ME. I did twice this year, wait all 3 times.

disneysmagicalexpress.com Just need your reservation number and flight info which you have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter