Missing the Mouse

BarleyJack

<font color=peach>And a pirin tablet? Why? Are you
I love WDW-we have been 3 times over the past 2 years. My S.O. is sick of it. Have tried everything I can think of to get to go again, to no avail. Exact words: "We are never going to Disney again". I can honestly understand why some people hate it--its crowded, hot and can be expensive (and yes I know that some seasons are better than others), but when I walk through those gates and see Main Street, the Castle---I just feel like a kid again-I'm happy-and this nearly 40 year old man turns into a boy. The realization that I will never get to experience that again is depressing, almost heartbreaking actually :sad1:. I've travelled the world and no place else makes me feel this way.

Just wanted to vent, thanks. And to those going: have an extra good time for me!

Give him a few years and he'll probably reconsider. Until then, take some solo trips. :)

Give him a few years and he'll probably reconsider. Until then, take some solo trips. :)

HAAAA! You assumed it was the gentleman of the couple that did not like DW, if you read the post more carefully the OP said that this "40 yo man" feels like a boy again.

Remember what they say about ASSUME.

To the OP my DW was like that after two years in a row. Now she's talking about wanting to go back. Give it some time 1-2 years, your S.O. is probably just on overload.

HAAAA! You assumed it was the gentleman of the couple that did not like DW, if you read the post more carefully the OP said that this "40 yo man" feels like a boy again.

To the OP my DW was like that after two years in a row. Now she's talking about wanting to go back. Give it some time 1-2 years, your S.O. is probably just on overload.

You're right, one shouldn't assume anything--like assuming that my SO isn't a man :)

But you both are right on another thing---maybe time will help; absence makes the heart grow fonder, right? *keeping fingers crossed*

Tell them "If you don't want to go that is fine. I will find a friend or family member who would like to join me."

My boyfriend (of 8.5 years so a bit more then just a "boyfriend) will not go to Disney. He doesn't like Disney in upon itself and HATES theme/amusement parks. But, he would never tell me I couldn't go just because he doesn't want to.

You're right, one shouldn't assume anything--like assuming that my SO isn't a man :)

OOPS, my bad. :(

Even if your S.O. isn't thrilled about WDW, maybe he/she will be willing to go occassionally, for you, since you are so thrilled about it. Again that is what my DW did for me, and the kids, for our second trip in two years in '08.

But I think giving it a year or two then mentioning something about it will make the process easier. AND if at all possible go at a slower time of year.

I'd say give it a few years. It takes some people a little longer to feel that "pull on their heart strings." We used to go every five years when the kids were small because of the costs, but we've moved up to every other year now. Maybe three times in two years was just a bit much. (actually that would be tiring for our family and we love Disney).

I can't tell you how many times I've told people that one of the things I love MOST about my hubby is that he's as in love (if not more) with Disney than me! I totally feel for you because it would break my heart to be in your place. I do agree that a year or two away may help a lot though! 3 trips in 2 years is a lot for some people! ;)

I'm going to move this to the theme parks community board.

I'd also say to give it some time. We went 2 years in a row and my DBF is done with it for now. He loves all things Disney, but after being a CM years ago, he's worn out. I think free dining last year really tipped it in my favor, but not this year. Captain EO was somewhat of a draw for this year, but not enough so. He'll go back, just likely no time within the next couple years.

Maybe you could look into solo trips or find someone else to go with? I've never been on a solo trip, but it does have some appealing benefits to consider. I've heard a lot of people around here say good things about that kind of travelling to WDW.

HAAAA and ASSUME yourself. ;)

when my DH said this back in 1998 I said Ok fine and I have been doing solo trips ever since we have now lived in FL for 2 yrs and he has only been to WDW ONCE...he hasn't even seen AK...just not his thing so I say Be the Kid you are in your heart and GO !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter