That is true but the reality is it doesn't state remotely anywhere that you are paying for an area that is not crowded. You are paying for a prime view standing spot. Which basically means, its the same as waiting anywhere else in the park, with people on top of you, but with a guarantee nice view

Sucks but thats true. It was different before when barely anyone went to it, but with websites like this, things get out, and now its a prime thing to do
Don’t think anyone is saying Disney ever promised lack of crowds. But they’ve built that expectation when many have done it and reviewed it as a leisurely, calm, spacious experience. Now they’ve very likely changed that.

I’ve done the party multiple times including last Aug, during MVMCP, and just this past Apr, and haven’t seen crowds like the recent pics. That changes my desire to do it.

Value is subjective. They’ve decreased the value for me to the point where I’m not interested. Not everyone has to agree. :)

Value is subjective. They’ve decreased the value for me to the point where I’m not interested. Not everyone has to agree. :)

This is exactly how I feel. I feel very grateful to the DIS for pointing out the parties to me, which allowed me to do them before it got like this. We really enjoyed it, but having done it twice I feel like we can move on and grab a treat and watch from Fantasyland. I am fine skipping the projections this time after having such an amazing view in the past.

We have this booked for 6/19 and just don't know what to do. I was so excited about this and the crowds are just bumming me out. It cost our family almost $300....is it going to be worth it??? Starting to think NOT!!!! If it gets rained out do we get a refund???

I don't mind it being a bit crowded, but I certainly don't want to have to fight crowds to be able to see. Nor do I like the idea of being rushed thru the desserts to get a decent spot. We're booked on a non-party night in September, and I am getting a bit concerned. I won't make any cancellation before I hear from some reviews for earlier non-party nights. So keep the reviews coming; it's good to read all the differing opinions.

That is true but the reality is it doesn't state remotely anywhere that you are paying for an area that is not crowded. You are paying for a prime view standing spot. Which basically means, its the same as waiting anywhere else in the park, with people on top of you, but with a guarantee nice view

Sucks but thats true. It was different before when barely anyone went to it, but with websites like this, things get out, and now its a prime thing to do
Never said I was guaranteed anything. I just liked it before they doubled the capacity because that increased my odds of an uncrowded area.

Let's be honest though. Most people aren't paying $69 for strawberries and cupcakes.

Well, there's always the Terrace view! :upsidedow:upsidedow:upsidedow

file-may-15-11-48-37-pm-jpeg.237500

We have this booked for 6/19 and just don't know what to do. I was so excited about this and the crowds are just bumming me out. It cost our family almost $300....is it going to be worth it??? Starting to think NOT!!!! If it gets rained out do we get a refund???
That is a chunk of money. No refunds for rain.

Don’t think anyone is saying Disney ever promised lack of crowds. But they’ve built that expectation when many have done it and reviewed it as a leisurely, calm, spacious experience. Now they’ve very likely changed that.

I’ve done the party multiple times including last Aug, during MVMCP, and just this past Apr, and haven’t seen crowds like the recent pics. That changes my desire to do it.

Value is subjective. They’ve decreased the value for me to the point where I’m not interested. Not everyone has t
Never said I was guaranteed anything. I just liked it before they doubled the capacity because that increased my odds of an uncrowded area.

Let's be honest though. Most people aren't paying $69 for strawberries and cupcakes.

We don't even know if they doubled capacity though. I am sure I read something along that lines that the parties total amount of people were lowed to allow for the not packed feel

Well, there's always the Terrace view! :upsidedow:upsidedow:upsidedow

file-may-15-11-48-37-pm-jpeg.237500
I had the whole family on board for the after party but my special needs son who uses a wheelchair said he would take this view and not chance someone standing in front of him so he couldn’t see anything. So terrace again it is haha

Are they doing the before and after party on nights when the park is opened late? If HEA is starting at 8:00pm, and the park closes at 8:00pm, will there only be the before party? Or will they have the dessert party after closing too? And what about the EMH nights?

I have read various references to children being put on their parent's shoulders in the viewing area. Is this the only way they can see the full show? I wanted to go to the party to make sure my daughter, who is just under 40" would be able to see, since she is too heavy for me to lift her the whole time.

We don't even know if they doubled capacity though. I am sure I read something along that lines that the parties total amount of people were lowed to allow for the not packed feel
There’s no confirmation of that that I am aware of. Their release said they were doing this so that MORE people could enjoy it. What “feels packed” is relative — but they have to have increased the total.

They have zero incentive to split the party in two and keep the same number of people, obviously — costs them more.

While they probably didn’t double the size, I’d bet anything they’ve increased it noticeably — it’s the only thing that makes sense.

And as I said, I’ve done it in Aug, during MVMCP and in Apr, and all the recent pics show more people than any party I’ve done. Probably not a coincidence.

Last edited:

But, if they overcrowd this, they can't guarantee a nice view. I could be wrong but people were saying the ability to move around is what guaranteed the view. If someone hoisted a child up you could move around to get a decent view. If both parties are sold out and several people hoist up their kids at the last minute and there'e no room to maneuver then now your view is ruined.:crowded: In the hub that's the risk you take and hope that doesn't happen. But at close to $250 for our family this fall, I am expecting a "guaranteed nice view" not a "hope it stays good view". That, obviously, I could get in the hub for free. So with only a few nights with HEA in the fall weeks if both parties sell out can Disney guarantee a nice view to everyone they sold those tickets to? :confused3 This a valid concern and I'm assuming what is upsetting people following this thread. And why I'm following to decide whether to cancel or not.

I have read various references to children being put on their parent's shoulders in the viewing area. Is this the only way they can see the full show? I wanted to go to the party to make sure my daughter, who is just under 40" would be able to see, since she is too heavy for me to lift her the whole time.

This is why we are doing it also.....really hoping this isn't a waste of money. Definitely didn't pay $300 for desert!

I just changed my reservations to the after party. I don’t want to rush through eating! We’ve done the before party several times and never really felt rushed, but the after party could change that. It is EMH that night, but the lines are alway horrid that first hour with off site guests getting in line at closing so it’s a good way to let the crowds thin out. I did notice that the website says arrive 90 minutes before the fireworks, not an hour. My date for the before party was sold out so I look for the after party to book up as time gets closer, making me even more sure changing was the way to go. Not a fan of this change, but what can you do. It is what it is.

I was considering the after party myself. The only thing that concerns me is what if for weather reasons the fireworks are delayed? I'm also worried that since I'm visiting during MVMCP nights that since there are less nights available for this event, the viewing area would be even more crowded on the available dates. May have to rethink my plans.

Last edited:
Disney just called me in regards to my email about the dessert party to discuss. In my email, I basically said that I was nervous that my viewing experience will be impacted by the amount of guests from both parties and that I will be compelled to stake out a spot for a decent view. I also mentioned the different reports and pictures I saw on here which seem to support the idea that the area is now more packed than before.

The CM was very nice and basically asked what she could do to make me happy or did I just write to express my concerns. I reiterated what I had written and expressed that the only reason I booked was to ensure a comfortable experience viewing HEA where I wasn't battling people for a spot or spending an hour+ to stake out a spot on Main Street. She mentioned that Disney has not received any negative feedback about the addition of the "After" party to the viewing area and encouraged me to give it a chance. Also, she mentioned that if I was unsatisfied with my experience, I can always stop by Guest Relations or talk to a manager to give feedback about it. I told her that I was keeping my reservation but asked for her extension so I could call her back after I've been to the dessert party to tell her how I thought the experience was overall.

I just don't know what to do. We go on 6/19 and the crowds are way more than what I was expecting now that the after party is taking place and I don't want to be told to hurry. Kind of defeats the purpose. I also reached out to special diets and was underwhelmed with their response and how they would accommodate my son's TN allergies. There is still Pirates and Pals availability - we loved that in the past with Wishes but then you lose the projections. Ugh. I need to decide asap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter