I did this with my family of four last week. I have mixed reviews on it. On one hand I will say I enjoyed just getting away from the hordes on main street all crowding on top of one another. It is worth the little peace of mind and avoiding the castle of planning and staking out a spot for the show. The vantage point and the view for HEA at the garden is quite excellent and I highly recommend it over the terrace. if you're going for the desserts however, I personally found them underwhelming and lacking. My wife and I agreed they weren't much different from any dessert spread you'd find at a Golden Corral Buffet. For the amount we paid we'd expect better quality and possibly a more unique spread. I've been to weddings with venetian hours that blow this cupcake spread out the water. Would I do it again? Probably just for the ease of settling in and getting a great spot for the show 15 mins or so before it starts. That's also assuming Disney doesn't start overbooking this and create crowding issues to the tune of bigger profits.

I have to say, I thought the party was worth it, but that’s also with the fact there were 9/10 or 10/10 in crowd levels. It was insane (& it didn’t help with HM, BTMR, PoC, & SDMT all having been temporarily closed, so there were even more people wandering MK today!).

The dessert/drinks was fine, but as my 2yo DD was free, the cost per person for us averaged to about $35. I would say I mentally allocated $25 for the convenience of the garden seating & $10 for food. With that in mind, and seeing how people were camping out for HEA by 6pm, this was absolutely worth it!

We got to the Terrace just before 7pm, and stayed on the right side of the ramp. We checked in around 7:30pm, & the server warned us it’s good we got there early best as they usually only have around 300 ppl, but they had 350 that night, so he suggested we grab our food and get down to the garden to stake out our spot. He also said we could come back in if we wanted or leave to go somewhere else, but just keep the wristband on to get back to the garden, & we could ask for a takeout box if we wanted to eat in the garden.

When we got to the garden, there were only a handful of folks, so my kids were happily running around the grassy area playing. We sat in the middle against a railing (but not at the back), & waited. Even when the fireworks started, there was plenty of room - it was great!

I don’t know if I would bother doing it if the crowd levels were around a 4 or a 5, but I would 100% recommend it if the crowd levels were like ours!

We did this party with my parents on 12/9 (a Saturday night) and it was 100% worth every penny. I had been battling IBS issues for the last four days, and they were kind enough to give me a to-go box to fill as much as I wanted to take home with me since I couldn't eat that night. Took me almost three days to finally eat all those desserts, and all so good! We had no problem finding a spot on the back railings, and my Mom appreciated to have something to lean on during the show. Would absolutely do it again during the season of holiday parties taking away HEA nights.

We took DH to this party (the second time for myself and DS) on the 11th. It wasn’t as nutty trying to wade through the crowd to the grassy area this time, I believe because now they have CMs sweeping the walkways so that people have to leave room for others to move around the area.

We started near the front, but four extremely tall people were standing up at the fence, so that was out. Just as DS started to get anxious about not being able to see, I noticed that there was room along the DIS Reserved Area (AKA, the back railing ;) ), which worked out great with DH holding the kidlet during the show.

I think I will book this again for when my dad comes in March, as he would be very unhappy with the thought of being trampled by spring breakers. I did receive a survey and noted that I felt the value was skewed when compared with the other parties that serve alcohol and provide a souvenir of some kind to take home.

If anyone would like a photo of the gluten free dessert box, let me know, as I took one specifically for informational purposes :). I will say that the CM who was in charge of bringing the allergy friendly treats remembered me from October, which was nice. They accommodated my requests for more of some things and less of others readily and graciously, but I did note that the regular desserts and beverages were not replenished as quickly as they could have been.

Final note- the bathroom at the terrace for women had two functional stalls. It would have been a good idea for Disney to sort out working WC solutions so that the line would not have been twenty minutes long.

Final note- the bathroom at the terrace for women had two functional stalls
The men's is equally as bad. If more than two people are in the bathroom at the same time you almost have to do a slow dance with one of them to move in the room. Only one I can think that is about equally ridiculous is the one at Liberty Tree Tavern.

The men's is equally as bad. If more than two people are in the bathroom at the same time you almost have to do a slow dance with one of them to move in the room. Only one I can think that is about equally ridiculous is the one at Liberty Tree Tavern.

I’ve learned to pop out to the restrooms just outside the Tomorrowland Terrace vs using the tiny ones in the restaurant area. Totally agree, small and kind of gross!

Anyone who attended...how will they check us in for the dessert party? Here is my dilemma. I could not get two plaza dessert tickets but got one under my account that has our tickets. Then a different day I picked up one more but under a separate MDE that does not have our tickets linked. So I won’t have a magic band or card to scan for that one. Will they just have a paper list they can check for me to verify I paid for two plaza tickets? Or is this going to be problematic?

Anyone who attended...how will they check us in for the dessert party? Here is my dilemma. I could not get two plaza dessert tickets but got one under my account that has our tickets. Then a different day I picked up one more but under a separate MDE that does not have our tickets linked. So I won’t have a magic band or card to scan for that one. Will they just have a paper list they can check for me to verify I paid for two plaza tickets? Or is this going to be problematic?
Not sure about this, so someone can correct me if I’m wrong. I think you can call and have the two merged with the reservation numbers? If not they will just look you up on their list. People staying offsite won’t have magic bands either so it shouldn’t make a difference

What @FastPasser. said about a paper list matches my experience with the HEA dessert parties. I don't 'think' I've ever scanned anything but definitely recall the CM flipping through the paper list with a highlighter.

How do you make reservations for this? Do you have to call or can you do it online?

Either works, but online is easy and quick. FYI, the MK dessert parties are currently not bookable past 5/31/2018 at the moment.

Either works, but online is easy and quick. FYI, the MK dessert parties are currently not bookable past 5/31/2018 at the moment.

Thanks! I tried clicking on an earlier date & a time showed up but it wouldn't go past me clicking on the time so I thought maybe you had to call. I will keep checking for June to open up.

Thanks! I tried clicking on an earlier date & a time showed up but it wouldn't go past me clicking on the time so I thought maybe you had to call. I will keep checking for June to open up.

Sounds like website issues. Maybe give it an hour and try again. o_O

For the MK Wishes dessert party, they had a paper list in December 2016, and we weren't on it for some reason. I just showed the CM my confirmation from the MDE account on my phone, and it was fine. This December for the HEA dessert party, I think the CM doing the checking in may have had a tablet with the list. I don't recall having to scan my MagicBand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter